[3.9] Divine Ire Totems Hierophant. Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder, Sirus!

hello, im trying it and i like the build, but i find it very confusing that you dont show your second wand in this guide - its very important for clear to know that you can get +1 totem from shaper wand / shield, because with only 4 totems clearing absolutely SUCKS in my opinion (packs dont die fast enough and placing 2 totems at once only allows you to clear 2 packs at once)
"
hello, im trying it and i like the build, but i find it very confusing that you dont show your second wand in this guide - its very important for clear to know that you can get +1 totem from shaper wand / shield, because with only 4 totems clearing absolutely SUCKS in my opinion (packs dont die fast enough and placing 2 totems at once only allows you to clear 2 packs at once)

I got a +1 totems on a shield and can summon 3 packs of 2 totems.
"
CommanderZ wrote:
How are people dealing with defences in this build? I've just finished the story and bought some resist/life gear + 5 link soul mantle, didn't do eternal lab yet. I'm finding it to be an utter glass cannon - I can melt red map bosses in seconds, but almost anything that hits me kills me. ~3.5k life + 1k ES + 1.2k MOM mana. The reference build in POB doesn't seem to have that much more defence (1k more life and mana, some more MOM %).

This really stifles the clear speed in both maps and delve (I have to advance really slowly, having to wait for the totems to clear everything in front of me). I've never played totems before, but I find it really surprising that this char is incomparably more fragile than my TR pathfinder.

It is spectacular at Blights though.

The first thing you should probably do is change your rings to Kikazaru rings. You are still affected for 80% by all the curses generated from your Soul Mantle. With 2 Kikazaru rings it will be 0% and they provide a nice amount of life regen. You can pair that with a Coward's Chains Belt to make enemy hits unlucky.

Other than that just look for high life/energy shield gear. My character is at 8k+ EHP with very high life and energy regen, block chance from shield and some dodge spell damage from boots. The Devouring Diadem also grants Feast of the Flesh every 5 seconds which is nice for mapping to instantly heal up fully. At this point I feel tanky enough to consistently kill Uber Elder without dying. You can check my profile to see my gear/tree.
Hey guys, just a small showcase since I'm very proud of my toon, first league I've manage to kill all the big guys (Uber A, Vaal Temple, Hogm, UE - which cost me 4 port but it was my first ever true attempt so my technique was sloppy, 3rd kill was deathless).

I still can improve many things but since I've almost finished my holiday prolly wont have time. Could get 2x corrupt chest and 3-mod Watcher's. Also most of my stuff is stat sticks for Wise Oak (all res 82) so any improvement is kind of tough. Don't wanna slam helmet in case it will roll res. Also ammy is not yet talisman.

I think I could get some timeless jewel simialiar to that which Mathil was using but I'm fine with what I have for now.

My pastebin and eq:

https://pastebin.com/re78WiHa

"
anastazjasz wrote:
Hey guys, just a small showcase since I'm very proud of my toon, first league I've manage to kill all the big guys (Uber A, Vaal Temple, Hogm, UE - which cost me 4 port but it was my first ever true attempt so my technique was sloppy, 3rd kill was deathless).

I still can improve many things but since I've almost finished my holiday prolly wont have time. Could get 2x corrupt chest and 3-mod Watcher's. Also most of my stuff is stat sticks for Wise Oak (all res 82) so any improvement is kind of tough. Don't wanna slam helmet in case it will roll res. Also ammy is not yet talisman.

I think I could get some timeless jewel simialiar to that which Mathil was using but I'm fine with what I have for now.

My pastebin and eq:

https://pastebin.com/re78WiHa

Love it man, if I get time to play this league my build will look quite similar to yours.
Just to show some improvement I've made, got pretty lucky with that wand craft so I've decided to go nuts and drop the shield. Using multi totems, so have 6 and even with debuff from MT doing way more dmg then with shield.

Also with that corruption on Soul my DI is 25 lvl (way more effective then +1 to all gems) not to mention price, crafted that for 20% cost what +1 charging :)

I know its over doing but at same time so much fun to see all the numbers :)

Anastazjasz, that's a crazy good setup you've got now. Good catching you on chat yesterday.

Apoc8, great guide my man, this is a really fun build. Crushing through content, going further into endgame than I have since I started in Harbinger. I've only got a handful of hours a week to play, so I'm glad this build can get it done pretty easily. Being somewhat off-meta this league made it pretty cheap to gear up.

I wanted to share my tweaks on the build (Blight_Divine in my character list)

- Currently have ~4.5k HP and ~4k mana unreserved, I think, which sounds unbalanced until you read below. Ends up being ~7.2k eHP, plus some massive regen capability. Need to get life up more to make the pool bigger, as small hits don't matter much, but big crits in T15/16 or ~180+ delves do occasionally get me.

- Went with Solaris to help with taking less crit damage, and Shakari for the poison immunity.

- Between picking up a Phys->light conversion Watchers eye and the Divine Wrath node, I dropped the phys->light gem in favor of Lightning Penetration, and added Inspiration instead of either Controlled Destruction or Elemental Focus. Path of Building said Lightning Pen was the higher damage gem to include with the other 5, so I'm trying it out.

- Added Precision for the crit chance, Clarity for the base mana regen. Only ~500 mana reserved which is tiny against my mana pool (obviously boosted higher by the Essence Worm's effect).

- Other useful mod on Watchers is increased mana recovery rate while having Clarity, which helps a lot obviously in tandem with my belt's Shaper mana recovery rate mod. Watchers also has a "reduced reflected elemental damage while affected by Purity of Elements" which could be useful to turn on to make reflect maps easier by not having my totems nuked by their reflected damage, if that mod carries over to them. (Haven't tested)

- Happened to get "+120% crit chance if haven't crit recently" enchant on boots on first try, so I left it there until I can run labs more for the penetration enchant. It was a good enough dps boost to let it be for now. Need to run more labs for the helmet enchant.

- Got 4% damage recovered as mana mod on ring, 5% on amulet, and 8% from Battle Rouse anointment, leads to some pretty solid mana regeneration.

- Put in a Militant Faith Venarius jewel on the far right to override Eldritch Battery with Agnostic for the 20% mana to life regen. Combined with the jewel's base mana regen and non-curse aura boosts by devotion, it turns out the build is pretty tanky now. Shifted some passives into more base mana, mana%, mana regen %, and as mentioned I got a Shaper belt with the mana recovery rate multiplier. I'm mana heavy now to get a good regen amount, need to spec a little back into HP I think to even it out a little.

- In-game defense sheet mana regen stays around 1k/second with totems up and arcane surge (tied to high level flame dash for more mana cost for higher AS effect). After the multipliers, after the mana-gained-from-damage, mana and health zip right back up when hit. Also got an enduring mana flask to help even more with mana staying high.

- Once I realized the mana regen was good enough, I tried out adding in Righteous Fire for the more spell damage mod. Turns out I can sustain it in hideout with no flasks or totems cast, just thanks to the Militant Faith/Agnostic node. Plus it's cool looking to have the RF circle around. I need to get a Vaal RF instead, since I think the Vaal more damage multiplier stacks on the base RF multiplier. I do leave RF off on maps where I need a bit more recovery.

Path of Building is not really super helpful anymore since it doesn't have the Venarius/Agnostic conversion, the devotion mods, and I don't really know how to fake it. I use PoB mostly for figuring out which damage/defense nodes to take, and which support gems to use. Without a super accurate damage output, I can say Red T14 Elder and Red Guardians were easiest it's ever been, and roll through heavily rolled T16 maps.

It definitely feels like between the lightning pen (instead of conversion gem) and RF being up, damage really feels pretty darn good. Less scientific, but feels good. If anyone has a suggestion for how to measure it effectively, definitely interested.

All in all, having a blast with it. Going to keep pressing forward! Let me know what you think.
Last edited by the_rolling_chunder on Oct 16, 2019, 9:31:17 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to share my version of this build. I went with Atziri's Reflection instead of +1 totem shield as it was a league goal of mine (I am unsure which is more dps). This gives me more flexibility when it comes to rings and anointments. I also went double curse (conductivity + assassin's mark) as when I was leveling, windscream's stats fit very well.
Roughly 6.8k ehp (according to PoB) + 1k es.

Phased/Chunked Uber Atziri, Shaper and Uber Elder.

Character name: BreadBreadSticks
PoB Here.
https://pastebin.com/ssGVkFMh

Here's an overview of my gear:

When I was going through maps, I ID-ed this high spell crit wand. I was looking to upgrade but any upgrade from this is just too expensive for me.

Bought the helm enchant and tried to roll nearby enemies have -9 lightning res but gave up cuz fossils are hard to come by and a pain to buy.

For my amulet, I anointed battle rouse for the damage taken gained as mana mod as well as increased mana. It nets an overall increase in defence and slight offence through Hiero's Transfiguration of Mind. I also crafted +1 min frenzy charge as I wanted more cast speed.

I had been using Atziri's mirror while mapping as I did not want to rebalance my res for wise oak when I upgraded to Atziri's Reflection.

For gloves, I went with commandment of spite as it is a "when hit" trigger. Which happens more often than "when crit". Either/or is fine tho.

Windscream for boots as the stats fit very well with the build. All res, armour, ele dmg, +1 curse, little bit of movespeed. I lucked out with the added lightning damage enchant. In PoB, it seems this enchant does more dps as compared to penetration on shaper/guardian. But I think either/or is fine.

An alternative to windscream would be rare boots with open prefix to craft cannot be frozen. This lets me craft crit to the diamond flask. However, I would have to anoint whispers of doom which is very costly (+1ex for cannot be frozen craft) for the marginal dps increase this option provides. Not to mention having the hassle to enchant the boots. As such, I still recommend windscream.

My res is also triple balanced. I did this more for the damage reduction than the penetration.

For auras, I used precision for the crit chance, clarity for the watcher's eye mod "% damage taken is gained as mana" and wrath (watcher's eye gained as extra lightning mod) for obvious reasons. Third watcher's eye mod would be nice but am broke.

For QoL, Cast on death + portal. xD

For golems, I initially went with ice golem but switched to lightning as I wanted more cast speed. Either/or is fine tho

In the main setup, I am trying inspiration instead of controlled destruction. However, I have yet to check if inspiration charges work with totems.

Overall, this build has been a joy to play. It is relatively tanky, good clear (unless u played Deadeye recently), phenomenal single target dps. Thanks for the build guide, it helped a lot.
Last edited by BreadBreadOH on Oct 22, 2019, 3:39:25 PM
Hi guys. It might be silly, but I don’t know how to use Divine skill and when i release button don’t deal damage at all.

Please help
Hello.
Since Alchemist is on longer available on the tree, we should reconsider where to put those points into. I decided to spec out of Alira and get +2 skillpoints instead. For those 2 skillpoints, I'd allocate the 2 5% life nodes that are directly connected to the tree for some additional sustain. The rest of the points should be put into Prodigal Perfection for a neat damage and mana boost and if you've leveled up to 93, you could pick up Crackling Speed for additional shock effect and some more damage and cast speed.

I tried that on PoB and it pretty much shoots up our dps to over 10m, next to giving us 10% inc life.

I also recommend getting %life on items wherever possible.

I did some further calculations with Atziri's Reflection + Self-Flagellation but that turned out to be not worth it due to the high investment cost. The damage only increases by about 10-15% while you have 10 or more curses on you. While it's a possible choice for silkpants people, I can't say how well you can sustain many curses on yourself as the damage only gets higher than our original build starting from 7 curses active on you.

Edit: You might also want to consider dropping the +1 totem shield and use Trolltimber Spire. You have more than enough dps for every content in the game and having life leech from totems feels very comfortable. Plus there's a slot for a Quicksilver Flask now.
If you think about 5m dps using Trolltimber aren't enough for shaper, swap Quicksilver with Taste of Hate and you have over 7m dps, 20% phys taken as cold and still leech 1k hp/s.
Last edited by Banga65 on Dec 9, 2019, 4:19:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info