[3.9] Zed's Dex Stacking Ranger Guide (Outdated & Mostly Legacy)

Switching between Lightning Arrow/Ice Shot/Tornado Shot and Scourge Arrow just for the giggles i m having a blast with this build.
Thank you
"
"
Avvoltoyo wrote:
"
Avvoltoyo wrote:
hey, still rocking the build, would like an opinion on a jewel and a belt i found,

the jewel give

10% increased dex
20% ele dmg
onslaught on kill
20% flask charges gained
5% increased attacks speed

(plus other 20% ele dmg on flash freeze and some more attack speed or mov speed but in shitty nodes)

and this is the belt

what do you think? should I try to get a better brutal restraint and do some crafting on the belt?

sry to quote my own post, but this thread moves fast and wanted some insight :P

no problem, the belt is pretty decent, I'm not sure if I would that or a cyclopean coil. It definitely has high damage on it but low life. As for the jewel, it's pretty decent for one you divined yourself, but you can definitely get better ones.

thx for the answer,i think now I'm gonna drop my yoke for a shaper ammy and divine the jewel, is always funny endgame :P
also, got a pair of tombfist with +1 gems and temporal chains, is it a good curse or better to drop whispers of doom on the amulet for more dmg?

edit: as for the belt, the problem are the resistances :\
Last edited by Avvoltoyo on Oct 13, 2019, 5:42:45 AM

- 20% dexterity
- 20% ele dmg

is this bow worth crafting after removing cold resistance? t2 flat cold

ty
"
Siafu75 wrote:

ty

For sure, that's way better than multimodded with cold % and 16 pen
Mirror Service: view-thread/2466500
Ultimate Dex Stacking Guide: view-thread/2466188
"
"
Siafu75 wrote:

ty

Should I craft attk speed with 27% crit chance or with 10% chance double damage?
"
Siafu75 wrote:
"
"
Siafu75 wrote:

ty

Should I craft attk speed with 27% crit chance or with 10% chance double damage?

local crit is better
Mirror Service: view-thread/2466500
Ultimate Dex Stacking Guide: view-thread/2466188
Has anyone actually tested Vengeant Cascade with TS yet? In my napkin math, it seems like if you don't run pierce or chain, and the secondary projectiles return, it could get you exponentially more damage in a few edge cases where most of your secondary projectiles actually connect with stuff. Seems like it might be particularly strong in blight maps.
think of it this way:

with projectiles return to you you hit

you ------------> mob
<------------

with pierce/chain you hit

you ------------> mob -> mob -> mob

the line represents the range/coverage and direction

projectiles return to you ends up being more damage in an empty space between you and mobs more ofthen than not effectively giving you 0 extra damage

chain/pierce not only extends your range but allows you to hit multiple mobs PAST the first you see

you should aim so you don't need more hits vs mobs your projectiles already passed, and even if you do you have mirage archer to cover that for you

returned projectiles has always been a waste
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Oct 15, 2019, 3:53:03 PM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
think of it this way:

with projectiles return to you you hit

you ------------> mob
<------------

with pierce/chain you hit

you ------------> mob -> mob -> mob

the line represents the range/coverage and direction

projectiles return to you ends up being more damage in an empty space between you and mobs more ofthen than not effectively giving you 0 extra damage

chain/pierce not only extends your range but allows you to hit multiple mobs PAST the first you see

you should aim so you don't need more hits vs mobs your projectiles already passed, and even if you do you have mirage archer to cover that for you

returned projectiles has always been a waste

Yes, I understand the theory and everything you just said, but TS is a special case, which is why I asked specifically about TS. TS initial projectile always pierce, and the secondary projectiles do not unless you have chain/pierce/whatever. So what I think should happen would look more like this....

You ---->TS Initial shot--->mob#1>---->still TS Initial shot--->3-4 secondary projectiles fire--->some secondary projectiles connect to mob#n>----->secondary projectiles return to where they were created, probably hitting mob#1 again n times

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info