[3.6] Tanel's CI Occultist BANE + DEATH´S OATH w/ Blight & Essence Drain CHEAP SUPER STRONG STARTER!

Sup dude! Same question here, how to get 180 str with current build? Respec only?
http://d1s0rder.mybrute.com
"
Sennah wrote:
Hello.
First of all thanks for the hard work putting on this guide.

I am trying to follow most of the tree, and gear.
I am lvl67, started farming Belly of the Beast and Rotten Core for the Oath cards.
But something came to my attention this morning that I didn't notice before.
How do you actually equip Death's Oath which has a STR requirement of 180?
Using the following items

I barely get 105 STR.
Do we have to fork a bit in the tree and take the big +30 STR nodes?

Also, at what point would you recommend going CI?
Right now I have 3.5k ES when using Discipline (and already got Vile Bastion).

Hey man!
You equip DO by putting on random STR items, enough for you to equip it, DO itself gives huge amounts of STR so you can un-equip items after that. It is kind of retarded, like mr 777 overlord himself said, Quin69 lol. Why can´t the game understand that when I equip this item I have more then enough STR.
Anyway that´s what you do, equip random rare STR items to fulfill DO requirement, equip DO and you get +40-50 STR. If you then still have problems, feel free to get +30 STR nodes on tree until you find right rare with enough STR to remove them :)

edit: Oh and for CI.. for early maps 3k is fine if you are not discourage by dying. But try to farm items as you go.. about 5k ES you start to feel quite comfortable.. and over 8k is where things feel really good. Still it all depends what tier maps you do, mods and so on.. later T10+ maps with corrupted maps can get you some insane hard hits so huge ES is needed to survive them. Early T1-T5 3-5k ES is totally fine
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Mar 20, 2019, 3:00:37 PM
"
Rottenbeer wrote:
What's the recommended gem setup to use for the build?
Currently I'm using the following:

1) I don't have the Immortal Call setup and also not the spell totem and I wonder if I should include it?
2) Did I include Arcane Surge properly into my build? So I take the lvl 1 gem into the Flame Dash link and a high level one into the DO?
3) What else should I improve next regarding my gear?

Thanks for your help and great build btw!

I don´t eighter :P as I said in my main post, im a casual player, too much other things in life to do so at times so I can go for days or weeks without playing much.. but if you feel you survive fine without IC then stay without it. It´s not a game changer or build enabler, just a quality of life thing!

Your Arcane Surge is correct, just keep it below Flame Dash mana cost or equal to it so it activates with a single dash :)

Gear looks pretty fine, I made templates in my PoB for you to check out what are the best items and ofc if you find anything you think would work better then feel free to do so.
For now, just level all your gems to 20\20 and try to VAAL some like Bane to 21lvl :) leveling your gems to max is huge damage boost.
Mathils actual cat
And guys, seriously, this is a great build for your league start or even endgame. When you play this build in next leagues, always keep a lookout on NEW league items or skills that would benefit THIS build.
I feel this is the strongest DOT build out there with super nice clearspeed even in endgame. Just keep leveling your gems aswell as gear. Gems levels make so huge difference!!!
If you feel about complaining then just level gems to atleast lvl20 and then complain if it still lacks in damage or clearspeed :D
Thanks to Bane being such a huge AOE aswell.. we almost all the time have Occultist 30% ES recovery activated, except for boss fights, but there you just ED, Bane, DO, Blight.. run around.. if you feel drop down wither totem.. if you feel.. get a decoy totem. I mean, this build is one of the best ones I have ever played in this game, plus it costs almost nothing to take it to endgame.. the beauty of this build. All rares just fine, don´t even need crazy cost crafted rares to be decent clearer.
Mathils actual cat
DO gives only +48 to all atrib. On level 63 I got only 35 str. To met str req to that armour Im need to fully change all my gear.. and it will be not enough. Gona lvl another build. Could you pls link your character geared to item like in build?
Gear posted req can not be met with passive tree.
http://d1s0rder.mybrute.com
Last edited by d1s0rder on Mar 20, 2019, 3:41:18 PM
Hello,
I have probably a dumb question but I might be missing something with the curse mechanics.

I checked the Occultist you currently have HDTanel (TanelSoulrend) and few other ones and I see that everybody follows the usually recommended priority for the Bane 6 link:

"
Bane-Despair-Enfeeble-Efficacy-Swift Affliction-Controlled Destruction

So as I am reading the way curses work, you can apply one one curse to an enemy. The only way someone can apply more is by having items that allow this or skill points like Whisper of Doom/Malediction.

Now the question I have is that quite often I see people doing a 4 link of 3 curses and efficacy (following the priority listed above) but what happens if you do not have one of the two skill points active? Is it safe to say that players should take this into consideration or Bane's damage does not care about how many curses are actually applied to the enemies.

I already checked and adding or removing curses from the link does not impact the displayed dps so it is quite hard to test this ingame.

Thanks!
Last edited by tolbert on Mar 20, 2019, 4:12:07 PM
"
d1s0rder wrote:
DO gives only +48 to all atrib. On level 63 I got only 35 str. To met str req to that armour Im need to fully change all my gear.. and it will be not enough. Gona lvl another build. Could you pls link your character geared to item like in build?
Gear posted req can not be met with passive tree.

I linked all my gear on site 2 of this thread, maybe it helps you?
Getting the strength required for the build is not that hard, maybe just spec into one or two +30 nodes on the tree for this.
Last edited by Rottenbeer on Mar 20, 2019, 7:26:48 PM
Can you explain to me why you've taken "Lord of the Dead" on the passive tree?
Was it just to path to "Arcanist's Dominion"?
If so wouldn't it be better to take the crit nodes instead?
Am I missing something here?
"
Spewnicus wrote:
Can you explain to me why you've taken "Lord of the Dead" on the passive tree?
Was it just to path to "Arcanist's Dominion"?
If so wouldn't it be better to take the crit nodes instead?
Am I missing something here?

DoT damage does not scale with crit so the crit nodes are essentially useless. Lord of the dead is taken because it gives +damage to minions thus directly giving us increased damage due to Spiritual Aid.
I tried red elder yesterday and had a tough time with the portals in phase two.
The portals almost did not die, because of "resist chaos".
Do you have a tip for this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info