[3.7][HC/SC]Kira's Broke Tectonic Slam Juggernaut|6.9k+ life and 1M+ DPS with 30c|Shaper & Elder

"
fergsuk wrote:
Gave this a try and I'm finding it really squishy, I must be doing something wrong. AoE clearspeed is fine, yellow and unique mobs take forever to kill, so maybe my items are terrible. I had to drop Deidbell to resistance cap so it could be that mainly. Any suggestions? Char is "Imhardbrah"

For the damage: try using Combustion instead of Elemental Focus, it'll give you more penetration and make resistant mobs easier to kill. Also, you really need to get some abyss jewels as they are your primary source of damage after your rings + amulet. Most of mine were 1 ~ 2c, so they shouldn't break the bank. Also keep in mind that a Wise Oak won't do anything offensive unless you have more fire resist than cold and lightning resist. You are at less than the 10% mark for damage potential from this build, so you have plenty of room to scale there.

For being squishy: this build isn't that amazingly tanky, I'd give it a solid 5/7 for not getting one shot by most things, and being able to recover after. I also had some problems when I hit yellow maps, and I just happened to find an enchanted Lightpoacher on the market and thought I'd give it a try. The Lightpoacher's life recovery really helps make up for the lack of consistent instant recovery while mapping. Not so much against bosses, but that didn't stop me from killing yellow Elder + his guardians deathless without ever having seen any of the mechanics before.
Last edited by KiraPoE on Mar 24, 2019, 2:02:21 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply.

The way I read the text of Wise Oak was that if I have the +1 fire res node, then my fire res would always be higher for the multiplier. Is that wrong? Is it worth dropping some res from my gear and relying on the Wise Oak to fill in the gaps and grabbing more damage items?

Combustion is something I'll look into, thank you.

I left getting all the jewel nodes til late on as I wanted to focus on the rest of the tree, just started grabbing them now. They're giving me 2-5k tooltip in my hideout per gem so far, so not going to complain.

Lightpoacher is something I can't fit in right now, though that depends on the answer to the first question I guess.
Last edited by fergsuk on Mar 24, 2019, 3:57:59 PM
"
fergsuk wrote:
Thanks for the detailed reply.

The way I read the text of Wise Oak was that if I have the +1 fire res node, then my fire res would always be higher for the multiplier. Is that wrong? Is it worth dropping some res from my gear and relying on the Wise Oak to fill in the gaps and grabbing more damage items?

Combustion is something I'll look into, thank you.

I left getting all the jewel nodes til late on as I wanted to focus on the rest of the tree, just started grabbing them now. They're giving me 2-5k tooltip in my hideout per gem so far, so not going to complain.

Lightpoacher is something I can't fit in right now, though that depends on the answer to the first question I guess.

Uncapped is the number in brackets. This game is sometimes confusing about its wording.

I think I'll add a couple words regarding jewels to highlight their importance in the guide.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll ditch it for now and stick something else on to help my survival for the time being :)
Should I cap without Wise Oak or rely on the 35% from it to cap me and get extra dps through jewellery?
"
fergsuk wrote:
Should I cap without Wise Oak or rely on the 35% from it to cap me and get extra dps through jewellery?

Depends on your play style. I like to overcap in hideout (about 90 ~ 100% uncapped) for elemental weakness in maps because I can't stand having to activate flasks unless it's for a boss fight or something. If you can put up with pressing the Wise Oak on every pack of mobs, then you can rely on it for resists.
It's definitely starting to feel a little better with jewels and getting towards the last few points on the tree. I definitely still need to get some better gear though, any pointers where to start based on what I currently have equipped? I'm still low on overcaps and budget wise I can probably stretch to 100c.
Offensive:

You are missing flat damage. You have 66 to 122 (94) damage in PoB, my current set up has 101 to 176 damage (138.5) after I finish leveling my Herald of Purity again (I'm also trying to work 2 Circle of Guilts into my build for more damage, but I've been busy with other characters).

Things you can do easily:
1. Put a more offensive jewel in Darkness Enthroned, your right jewel is very lacking in damage so you don't get much value out of the 50% effect. Overall, you want to put your best jewels here.

2. Some of your jewels are lacking in flat damage, if you watch poe.trade, you can get some 6 flat damage ones for fairly cheap

3. Your rings are lacking in damage. Try to get at least around 12 flat damage on these (e.g. 9 ~ 15 roll). Alternatively, get 1 Circle of Guilt with a high increased buff effect roll (http://poe.trade/search/eyaneuomohoare about 20 ~ 30c), then go more defensive with the other ring, like 120% resists or something. Keep in mind that a good Circle of Guilt has more flat damage than both of your rare rings combined (12 + 31 = 43 for Circle of Guilt, 13.5 * 2 = 27 for rare rings is already extremely good).

4. You can get more damage on your amulet, too. A lot more. 19 to 20 flat damage is pretty doable.

Your shield isn't doing you much offensively or defensively. Look for more resists here.

As you level your gems to 20, you'll be able to vendor them for 20% quality and that'll be a decent boost once you level them back up.

Defensive:

Stop leveling your CWDT, in fact, you might want to even do the vendor recipe to bring it back down to level 14

Shield as mentioned above.

If you are really lacking resists, you can get some from your jewels. It takes days to get one with resists for a reasonable price in my experiences, though.

Lightpoacher will give you up to 15% of instant life recovery per second, and gives you an extra abyss jewel socket for more damage.

Overall:
Use Intensify or Increased Area of Effect for mapping, it'll feel better than a Concentrated Effect.

You might want to get an uber lab enchanted helmet (20% charged slam), so that your AoE feels bigger more consistently, too.
Thank you again for a wonderfully detailed reply.

First thing that stands out to me is the CWDT gem. It was no longer proccing the gems because they needed to be 64 or below, so just taken them back down to make sure they're working. Can't level them any higher without levelling the CWDT, so I'm at an impasse there.

The right gem in belt I need for the resistance at the moment.

The shield was a cheap stop gap as I couldnt use the recommended unique due to missing out on resists again.

Rings and amulet both scare me when it comes to upgrades because of the prices listed on trade.

I feel like I'm at a point now where I need to scour trade for days to find a single upgrade that isnt overpriced or out of budget.

I wasnt aware you could grab 20Q gems via vendor, must have a look into that.

I'd like to work in Lightpoacher but would mean grabbing even more expensive rings and amu.

Feel like I'm in a catch 22 :(
"
fergsuk wrote:
Thank you again for a wonderfully detailed reply.

First thing that stands out to me is the CWDT gem. It was no longer proccing the gems because they needed to be 64 or below, so just taken them back down to make sure they're working. Can't level them any higher without levelling the CWDT, so I'm at an impasse there.

The right gem in belt I need for the resistance at the moment.

The shield was a cheap stop gap as I couldnt use the recommended unique due to missing out on resists again.

Rings and amulet both scare me when it comes to upgrades because of the prices listed on trade.

I feel like I'm at a point now where I need to scour trade for days to find a single upgrade that isnt overpriced or out of budget.

I wasnt aware you could grab 20Q gems via vendor, must have a look into that.

I'd like to work in Lightpoacher but would mean grabbing even more expensive rings and amu.

Feel like I'm in a catch 22 :(

You leave the CWDT and the attached gems at below 20. The reason is because you want it to proc immortal call before you start dying too hard.

The unique shield isn't very good in late game, I got my rare shield for 2c and it performs better.

Yes, this game in general requires you to keep an eye on the market for days to get an amicable trade.

It's a level 20 gem + 1 GCP, you get a level 1 20% quality gem.

Well, I think the best thing you can do right now is to grab a Circle of Guilt, put a lot of resists on the other ring, and go from there. That'll get you a lot of damage for a relatively low cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info