[3.10] MRSEANCONNORS CRIT / ARC TOTEMS - Hierophant 4.5 MIL DPS / BEGINNER FRIENDLY [All Content]

"
Octaaviux wrote:
Awesome feedback. Again, thanks so much, I had no idea how much damage I am truly "missing" from this build.

I'll answer your bullet points and then add in whats happened in 24-hours..lol

1.- Yes, I un-linked one of the sockets for the minion.

2. Yup, that was the first one I saw, it was too late last night to be making these changes but I was excited.. So I backed out those points and re-allocated to "overcharge" and "Precision" I also pulled that lone dex node off. Sitting at 98 Dex now.

3. I have vaal haste sitting at level 5, so it satisfy the dex req.

4. Pulled AM out and dropped on Alt wand for leveling. Put the Vaal Rightous fire in its place. I'll shop for some windshrieker boots over the weekend, they seem to be running 30-50c, I will look for a set, might hold off to buy for a bit..

5. Swapped Culling strike for phase run.. I'll see how it feels.. I'm pretty sure the Flame dash does do damage, because I can dash a mob with no totems and they all seem to "poof" maybe some more experiments and research, but it feels like it burns(FD) and kills(CS).. but I dont know Im always smacking buttons..
When I try to move fast, my totems are not killing faster than I am moving..yet

6. thank you. I'll heat down the tree towards those.

7. I dont seem to have mana issues, and last nights tweaks with some gear arranging seems to have helped survivability. Before I was feeling like a glass cannon. I am definitely heavy on the res now, so need to start looking for better balance.

8.. Thats alot of buttons.. I am not sure how I am going to drop Vaal fire..
Left click is phase run, middle click is Arcane cloak, right click is Arc
Q - flame dash, W-Storm brand, E-Purifying flame, R- WOC, T-Minion.. I guess I could do Ctrl-T for minion and re-assign Vaal fire to T or R..

Vaal haste doesn't cast with CWDT??

9. I will work on unlocking the pantheon and read up on the nodes.

I compared the POB and I cannot believe how much damage comes from the flasks.. Over 200k DPS!!!!!!!!that's crazy. Took me 10 minutes to figure out where the onslaught charge was coming from..
I made all the adjustments to match and I am sitting at 502k/dps with 65% crit, your build is 672k/dps with 85% crit.. That is all flasks!!

So that should cover today's work. I bought some jewels this morning and hit level 82 so I unlocked a fourth socket, the one next to instability..
Take a look at the jewels and tell me if I should pull one/swap and go down to 3 jewels and grab the next passive, or wait for the next leveling.

I added the two jewels I bought into your POB file and re-saved it with the link below, this way it keep your recommendations cleaner..
Let me know if it was money well spent or did I flub it all up!?

Brood Spark-Crimson Jewel
8% increased Global Crit Strike
17% increased crit strike chance with lightning skills
5% increased max life

Hypnotic Glimmer Cobalt Jewel
13% increased Critical strike chance for spells
14% increased critical strike chance with lightning skills
7% increased max life

https://pastebin.com/BEADPhgX

Again Appreciate all the help and insight. Greatly appreciated.

Be well.
-Neo-

Glad it's feeling better and you're enjoying it more.

My button/hotkey setup might be weird to some people, but I do it this way to make it most efficient for hotkey usage.

Understand I have an 8-button programmable mouse, too, so I can re-map hotkeys both in POE and on my mouse. And no, this is not a 3rd-party macro program, it's simply re-mapping key/hotkey assignments, which really anyone can do.

Mine looks like this:

TOP ROW (3):
[LeftMouseButton: movement/phase run] -- [Spacebar: flame dash] -- [RightMouseButton: arc totems]

BOTTOM ROW (5):
[Q: vaal RF] -- [W: vaal Haste or purifying flame] -- [E: arcane cloak] -- [R: blade blast or storm brand or ball lightning] -- [T: WoC totems]

CTRL ROW (5): (MouseThumbButton1 mapped to CTRL)
[CTRL-Q/MiddleMouseButton: golem] -- [CTRL-W/E/R/T are all empty]

FLASK ROW (5):
[1: Atziri's Promise or Rumi's Granite] -- [2: Wise Oak] -- [3: Bottled Faith] -- [4: Blood of Karui or Catalyzed Eternal of Heat] -- [5: Seething Divine of Staunching]

This enables me to flame dash around with just my left thumb on the spacebar, and I can stick my golem on the CTRL row and still cast it without actually having to press the CTRL key. And, if i do assign anything to the CTRL row, I can access CTRL-Q/W/E/R/T without having to take my left hand off it's typical spot since the CTRL key is also mapped to one of my mouse thumb buttons, too.

Just a very efficient setup for any/every build I play.

I don't know, maybe it'll help you out a bit to see that. Your button/hotkey setup, especially with your mouse and trying to fit arcane cloak in between movement and arc totems, looks rough, so I can understand why you might have trouble with so many things to cast.

If mobs aren't dying fast enough for you to nearly be able to move and kill without stopping, except to maybe loot good drops, then you're probably not utilizing your +damage flasks and vaal skills enough.

You should be using an item filter too, like FilterBlade, which will give you distinct sounds and colors and map icons for certain item drops, as well as getting rid of trash on the screen that you'll never pick up.

https://www.filterblade.xyz/

And no, Vaal Haste will not be cast by CWDT. Look at the gem, it says it can't cast Vaal Skills, channeling skills, skills that reserve mana, nor totems, traps, or mines.

Vaal RF is WAY better than Vaal Haste, by the way. Significantly higher DPS boost.

And those jewels look great, especially since you don't have Doom Cast yet.

Looks like you're on the right path now with a good plan towards endgame.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 26, 2020, 3:20:21 PM
Hi !

I have a question I made your build and that's work prety fine but i don't have any power charge even if I pyed with Power Charge on critical...

How do you have your's ?

Thank's a lot guys! :D
"
Le_pierre wrote:
Hi !

I have a question I made your build and that's work prety fine but i don't have any power charge even if I pyed with Power Charge on critical...

How do you have your's ?

Thank's a lot guys! :D
Looking at your char, it appears you have Storm Call with Less Duration Support instead of Arc with Power Charge on Crit.

Maybe there's something weird where the Storm Call markers aren't giving you credit for critical strikes since they're being placed by totems.

That's the only thing I can think of.

But I assure you, if you attach Power Charge on Crit to Arc, along with Increased Crit Strike support, and some +crit strike chance passive nodes, you absolutely will gain power charges.

Plus, when you get Conviction of Power in your Heirophant ascendancy, you'll be able to keep them at max with ease.

Those Inya boots should already be doing that, too.
Thanks for your response. I changed my gems but still same problem, no one critical orb was generated :(.

Note: I don't have the uber lab done yet.

Last edited by Le_pierre on Apr 27, 2020, 8:26:58 PM
I have seen your fight vs Elder on your link and I think you cannot generate on you own power charge with Power Charge on critical the only way is when you place your totems. So I think we can change some gem on your build :p
Last edited by Le_pierre on Apr 27, 2020, 8:27:05 PM
"
Le_pierre wrote:
I have seen your fight vs Elder on your link and I think you cannot generate on you own power charge with Power Charge on critical the only way is when you place your totems. So I think we can change some gem on your build :p
Yeah I don't know what to tell ya without seeing your POB.

But I assure you, nobody else is having the problem you're having.

You say you have Power Charge on Crit attached to Arc on your body setup, along with Increased Crit Strike support, plus some +crit strike passive nodes, AND even Inya's boots, and yet you're still not getting a single power charge.

That just doesn't sound right. You're either bugged or you're doing something else wrong that's preventing crits.

But just for reference, with 8 power charges, which is what this build is supposed to get to, Power Charge on Crit gem equates to about +35% MORE damage, so it's pretty great for the build, even after you get Conviction of Power in the ascendancy.

Sorry you're having difficulty. Post your POB if you want to really figure out why you're not getting power charges.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 28, 2020, 11:22:05 AM
Do You have Conviction of Power from Your ascendancy yet? Because that's where You are getting power charges from.
That's I said. You generate Power Charges with your ascendency but not with Power charge on crit.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/MzGyPevn
Last edited by Le_pierre on Apr 28, 2020, 3:56:13 PM
I am interested if anyone done real endgame with this build. Because I'm worried a bit about damage output and scaling. I have tried maps tier 15, went pretty ok, but bossfight took few minutes. It might have been high boss elemental resistances and regen, but still this is something to be expected at higher tiers.

Not sure how could I improve my dmg output in the endgame, beside getting extra power charges from amulet anointment and boots.
"
MrMonkaos2 wrote:
I am interested if anyone done real endgame with this build. Because I'm worried a bit about damage output and scaling. I have tried maps tier 15, went pretty ok, but bossfight took few minutes. It might have been high boss elemental resistances and regen, but still this is something to be expected at higher tiers.

Not sure how could I improve my dmg output in the endgame, beside getting extra power charges from amulet anointment and boots.
Post your POB and I'll tell you where you can make improvements.

The OP build is outdated and several improvements have been made.

Mind over Matter + Arcane cloak with max level Arcane Surge attached, for instance. Adds upwards of 1700 effective life and big DPS boost.

Whispers of Doom anointment or Windshriek boots so you can do 2 curses and add Assassins Mark (Curse on hit + Conductivity + Assassins Mark + Ball Lightning or Storm Brand or Blade Blast). Adds significant DPS and crit strike chance.

A 20/20 Spell Totem Support + 20/20 Wave of Conviction (-25 lightning resist debuff). Just drop this down occasionally for a short moment in between arc totems to apply the WoC -lightning res debuff.

13/20 Purifying Flame used to put bosses on Consecrated Ground (+100 crit strike chance). It also gives you a 6% life regen boost when you put it under yourself, which is great.

Dump the lightning warp setup and minion life/culling strike junk and just go with flame dash so you can free up gems slots for these new additions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info