[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

Would it be possible to link a version of the passive tree through the website in addition to the Path of Building version? I would be ever so grateful!
"
pisschristt wrote:
How is the damage feeling on the Holy Flame rework? Is it pretty endgame viable?

More than enough damage in my opinion. Check out the videos section, neither Shaper or red Elder put up a fight. I'm about to spawn Uber Elder this weekend (maybe today if I get to sit down to play) and I'm pretty confident he'll die first try so long as I don't screw up the fight too badly.

"
Bovinecow wrote:
Would it be possible to link a version of the passive tree through the website in addition to the Path of Building version? I would be ever so grateful!

I should have done that from the start, yeah. I'll add this to the guide, here's a link for the 95 skill tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.6.1/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEUQSzBUIG5wj0EFgRLRZvFr8W8xo4HNwdFB8CH0Ei9CSqJjwmlScvKgsqEysIKyYsnC-dMPgy0TbFNuk5SToWOlg62EGWQ8hFR0WdSU9JsUyzTq5PBFBCUzVTUlVLVcZYbVjlWfNaK1ugXfJeXV8qYeJkM2ZUZp5oWmjyahtqQ2wLbRlwUnGFcg95sXwOfIOCm4Pbg_OFMoaCh2WJ04w2jmSPGpBVkyeUb5ctmFOa4KEvogCj8qQFp1WnlK07rhKus67_r42xNrVItvq8qrzqvorAZsMT0B_Q9dH91abXz-Nq5FXr5Ovu74jv6_Af96b5N_rS_rM=
Last edited by Wallach on Mar 16, 2019, 5:54:37 PM
Uber Elder down. First time I have attempted that encounter and he managed to kill me twice, but they were definitely avoidable deaths and the damage output was really comfortable. I'll upload the video later this evening, but I'm pretty happy with how the build turned out overall.

Edit - Uber Elder video added.
Last edited by Wallach on Mar 17, 2019, 12:25:47 AM
Is this a good league starter?
"
Kaiman13 wrote:
Is this a good league starter?

It worked out pretty well for me as a starter, yeah. As someone that started Arc totems for the three leagues prior to this it didn't feel far off from that honestly. The clear isn't as good in the mid-game as old Arc (and maybe even new Arc, I haven't tried it) but I felt like a steamrolled my way through pretty much. My entire leveling process should still be in my Twitch archive for a while longer if you want to flip through it.
I would rather use faster projectiles over one of the support gems for clearing maps. Your clear speed will improve a bit.
Hey all - I am trying to build now... quick question... Why are we not using Singular Focus in this build? Does MASSIVE more overall damage than something like Shamanistic fury. Let me know.

Also, is this fully optimized now? I did some substitutes like crafted a Scorching+Pristine fossil hubris with Conc Ground Holy Flame enchant... got 110 life, 3 % increased life with -9 fire res to nearby enemies. In addition, I also fossil crafted a Stygian Belt with +30 % increased fire damage, 98 life, and double t1 res. I did get Void Scepter and managed to crafted 20 % phys damage as extra fire with multi-mod.

Lastly, I was able to get Shaper Fingerless Silk Gloves which would help us a bit on the damage. Was able to only get Faster Casting at level 18 but that is good enough for me to help with the dmg.

Let me know on the rest if you can - enjoying this build so far on HC. Used all my currency to get it going.
"
Ofnir_ wrote:
I would rather use faster projectiles over one of the support gems for clearing maps. Your clear speed will improve a bit.

While I could see Faster Projectiles being a great clear gem, it's not very convenient unless you manage to craft at least one white socket onto your chest via Syndicate bench. If you do and don't mind gem swapping between clear and bossing, it seems like a reasonable idea to me.

"
dsata wrote:
Hey all - I am trying to build now... quick question... Why are we not using Singular Focus in this build? Does MASSIVE more overall damage than something like Shamanistic fury. Let me know.

Also, is this fully optimized now? I did some substitutes like crafted a Scorching+Pristine fossil hubris with Conc Ground Holy Flame enchant... got 110 life, 3 % increased life with -9 fire res to nearby enemies. In addition, I also fossil crafted a Stygian Belt with +30 % increased fire damage, 98 life, and double t1 res. I did get Void Scepter and managed to crafted 20 % phys damage as extra fire with multi-mod.

Lastly, I was able to get Shaper Fingerless Silk Gloves which would help us a bit on the damage. Was able to only get Faster Casting at level 18 but that is good enough for me to help with the dmg.

Let me know on the rest if you can - enjoying this build so far on HC. Used all my currency to get it going.

Singular Focus is a nice damage line but otherwise unremarkable, in my opinion. Importing my own character, it winds up almost exactly equivalent DPS wise to Shamanistic Fury on a per-point basis (actually slightly worse in the 4-point route while you have Onslaught due to the drop in value on cast speed) but you'd be giving up 15% totem placement speed for 4% totem physical damage reduction, which I'd consider a pretty bad trade. If Singular Focus' cast speed were global I'd more seriously consider trading it for something else on the basis of utility but I don't think it makes the cut currently.

As far as being fully optimized gear-wise, definitely not. The Path of Building import I don't want to fill with absolutely optimized gear if only to not give people wrong impressions; I'd like to keep the numbers in that profile somewhat realistic. In terms of just high-end suggestions for the guide, there's still some ways to go for sure, it just wasn't my top priority since I wrote the guide as a league starter. I've seen a couple pairs of boots floating around with perma-Onslaught or Unwavering Stance implicits, either of which would be pretty awesome for this build. The fossil crafts you mention also sound like pretty solid upgrades in the helm/belt slots.
Pantheon Choice? Greetings
Edited for being dumb.

I'm Really enjoying the build, thanks!
Last edited by jicamvp on Mar 19, 2019, 2:34:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info