[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
LordDuckiie wrote:
I got really confused here. In the build guide you wrote: This unique flask will grant us up to 15% Cold Penetration. But we go 100% Fire damage, so why would we go for cold pen on the flask?

Sorry, was typo from that Flask section coming over from my other build. Should be fixed now.

"
thomzon wrote:
Hey Wallach,

I'm leaning on using this as my starter for next league. However I wanted to try out something else than Hierophant, and got to make a pretty solid build on PoB-paper with a life based Hiero-Chieftain Ascendant. More or less same damage than this build, with between 6 & 6,5k life, with the Chieftain life-leech.

I have one question: do you think the build would still feel fine if we only summon 1 totem at a time ?
I must say the 2 totems per cast is one of the reason I got hooked on Hierophant this time around, so I'm a little worried.

That's one of the main reasons I don't go Scion, the other being you don't get the huge totem placement speed bonus Hierophant gets. The synergy with Mind Over Matter coming from Hierophant is also a big consideration. I personally wouldn't do it but I'm sure it is a viable path.

Thx for answering :) Btw i only have 3 totems atm, where do you get the forth?
Last edited by LordDuckiie on Jul 22, 2019, 7:25:17 AM
Thanks for the reply, that's the same conclusions I am at now.

I tried fitting it multiple totem support to kind of solve double-totems invocation, and reduce totem placement speed loss, but the max-PoB-DPS drops from around 550k (4 totems) to 330k (6 totems). It's still more than enough damage for all content, so I might try it anyway.
New player here so forgive me if this is a noob question

So is it possible and viable to run steelskin - cast on damage taken - increase duration - immortal call?

Like i said new player here and cant even afford a essence worm so any feed back is appreciated
"
CBridger wrote:
New player here so forgive me if this is a noob question

So is it possible and viable to run steelskin - cast on damage taken - increase duration - immortal call?

Like i said new player here and cant even afford a essence worm so any feed back is appreciated

The game won't stop you from doing this, but Steelskin and Immortal Call are both Guard skills, which means only one of them will trigger (the other will instantly be put on the shared Guard skill cooldown). Which one triggers would just depend on the order they're socketed.

Basically, no, don't do this. You can't use two Guard skills.
ahh ok thank you, what would you recommend running in the 4th red slot i have. i dont really want to go and start spending heaps of resources yet as i am only level 61
Hello Wallach! I wanted to ask what your opinion on running 'Wave of Conviction' as an additional source of fire penetration was. It can penetrate up to 44%, and you can put it on "Combustion" for extra burning and fire penetration. I was told that I can consider running: Spell totem - Wave of Conviction - Combustion - Multiple Totems.

I would like to know your thoughts on that, because I realize that I have a lot of trouble when going up against enemies immune to curses (not being able to use flammability)
"
CBridger wrote:
ahh ok thank you, what would you recommend running in the 4th red slot i have. i dont really want to go and start spending heaps of resources yet as i am only level 61

There are many choices for the final slot. If you ask for help from guild mates, you can ask them to recolor your gear for you. Four slots are quite cheap and you should be able to afford it.

Steelskin + Cast when Damaged + Duration increase + *Choose one*

1. Vaal Haste
2. Efficacy
3. Portal
4. Vaal Discipline
5. Phase Run
6. Vaal Righteous Fire (Danger!)

Each are used for different reasons, but the easiest choices are the first three. However, I am not quite sure if these choices are still viable, mainly because we have Cast when Damaged leveled pretty high for steelskin. It could be possible that anything except Efficacy would activate too late to make any impact.
"
QQinfinity wrote:
"
CBridger wrote:

There are many choices for the final slot. If you ask for help from guild mates, you can ask them to recolor your gear for you. Four slots are quite cheap and you should be able to afford it.

Steelskin + Cast when Damaged + Duration increase + *Choose one*

1. Vaal Haste
2. Efficacy
3. Portal
4. Vaal Discipline
5. Phase Run
6. Vaal Righteous Fire (Danger!)

Each are used for different reasons, but the easiest choices are the first three. However, I am not quite sure if these choices are still viable, mainly because we have Cast when Damaged leveled pretty high for steelskin. It could be possible that anything except Efficacy would activate too late to make any impact.

im not in a POE guild but recolouring is fine just the linking and socketing is what i cant afford plus i need to save what i can so i can get a essence worm for my build

yeah i am running steelskin + Cast when damaged + duration and as of last night i put Vaal Haste on but thinking of changing to Vaal purity of fire to reduce enemy fire resistance as i flame dash around
"
CBridger wrote:
im not in a POE guild but recolouring is fine just the linking and socketing is what i cant afford plus i need to save what i can so i can get a essence worm for my build

yeah i am running steelskin + Cast when damaged + duration and as of last night i put Vaal Haste on but thinking of changing to Vaal purity of fire to reduce enemy fire resistance as i flame dash around

If you already have your item linked (which it sounds like you do since you are currently running Vaal Purity of Fire in that setup) you can just take the gems out of it and use Chromatic Orbs directly on that item and it will change the colors of the sockets without disturbing the number of sockets or links. You say the item currently has 4 red sockets which means it is probably a pure Armor item (only requires Strength to equip), so it won't take too many Chromatic Orbs to turn it into 3R + 1G or 3R + 1B socket colors depending on what gem you'd like to run in the 4th slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info