[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

Hi. just wondering sould we use wave of conviction to debuff bosses -25% fire.
"
_Covenant__ wrote:
Hi. just wondering sould we use wave of conviction to debuff bosses -25% fire.

You can if you want the extra hassle on top of casting Flammability, however you need to set it up in a trap or mine, because Wave of Conviction needs to deal damage to apply Exposure so Ancestral Bond will stop you from doing that yourself. If you do it via traps or mines however it can still deal damage (since it counts as the trap dealing damage instead of you, similar to a totem).
Thanks for the build mate.Did uber elder with ease today.Also not bad map clearer.
"
hayrish wrote:
Thanks for the build mate.Did uber elder with ease today.Also not bad map clearer.

Glad to hear it. I just got my first Uber Elder kill of the league tonight as well. Wasn't streaming but did record it and added it to the OP, but it isn't the cleanest kill I've done (2 deaths). Shaper likes to teleport a lot more this patch it seems.

I'm not sure how much further I will gear or play this build for Legion but it again proved to be a very strong and reliable league starter. I don't think I'll league start the same way three leagues in a row, so now I think it's time to start working on new builds for 3.8 (and to play with stuff I haven't done in a while / ever). First up may actually be another totem Hierophant, as I want to try Freezing Pulse again now that you can get 100% reduced curse effectiveness and Freezing Pulse doesn't get bodied by doorways anymore. Freeze would be a valuable addition for Delve and general mapping / league mechanics (I am looking forward to freezing monolith packs solid).
Got a few more Maraketh splinters so I decided to take a crack at the 5 army version of Domain of Timeless Conflict. Really having a lot of fun with the league mechanic itself; I really hope they sort out the fundamental control issues they've caused with 3.7. It will probably wind up being my favorite league of all time, I just wish I could control my character properly to enjoy it fully right now.

Video of the 5 army run is added to the OP. If anyone has any other particular content requests they'd like to see video-wise, let me know. I will probably start working on my Freezing Pulse totem character this weekend otherwise.
i didnt played Flame totem after the rework, tried this league and found your guide, was one of the best written guides ive seen, easy leveling following the pob tree, and i killed uber elder using tabula and goldrim (indigon drop)
I just did my very first Uber Elder with this build, very nice
Glad to hear more people having success with the build!

I will probably move on to my second character at this point, but I will continue to check the thread for questions.
"
Wallach wrote:
Glad to hear more people having success with the build!

I will probably move on to my second character at this point, but I will continue to check the thread for questions.

Thanks for the build! Really well done.

Can we get a snapshot of your final gear so we can work towards something?

Also, you mentioned it for freezing pulse but what about soul mantle/100% curse immune for this build? Is it not worth it for the mana you'd have to reserve?
Can you please tell what map mods we should avoid for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info