[3.10] HOLY FLAME TOTEM, MARAUDER - CHIEFTAIN / BUDGET FRIENDLY - 5.3 MIL DPS [ ALL CONTENT ]

"
fid1 wrote:
Yeah the 120% is better but I can't find any boots I like. I personally do not like curses since the only time I really use them is vs. a boss or a metamorph. The leech wasn't that important to me because the only time I really die is when I flame dash into a mob pack before I cast my totem. It's the initial encounter of meeting a mob pack that usually gets me where my leech doesn't matter. Against bosses the leech can be helpful against prolonged boss fights, but I can just run around. I find the huge dps boost Ngamahu's gives to be very useful in boss fights.

Also I just changed to totemic zeal for the above reason as well and the DPS loss was minimal for me.

I curse a lot, as it is a big dps boost. I also just took half of your advice:
- added Ngamahu
- removed Ramako instead: Flammability and EleWeak remove 95% resist already, so I can spare the 15% ele pen
and I have to admit....Ngamahu rocks!
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 30, 2019, 4:25:47 PM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
fid1 wrote:
Yeah the 120% is better but I can't find any boots I like. I personally do not like curses since the only time I really use them is vs. a boss or a metamorph. The leech wasn't that important to me because the only time I really die is when I flame dash into a mob pack before I cast my totem. It's the initial encounter of meeting a mob pack that usually gets me where my leech doesn't matter. Against bosses the leech can be helpful against prolonged boss fights, but I can just run around. I find the huge dps boost Ngamahu's gives to be very useful in boss fights.

Also I just changed to totemic zeal for the above reason as well and the DPS loss was minimal for me.

I curse a lot, as it is a big dps boost. I also just took half of your advice:
- added Ngamahu
- removed Ramako instead: Flammability and EleWeak remove 95% resist already, so I can spare the 15% ele pen
and I have to admit....Ngamahu rocks!

I've also took your advise using the increased critical strikes boots for much more DPS. Another suggestion for you would be to use elemental focus instead of increased critical strikes. I got a 30k dps boost from that alone.
IGN:WitchSummonerz
"
fid1 wrote:

I've also took your advise using the increased critical strikes boots for much more DPS. Another suggestion for you would be to use elemental focus instead of increased critical strikes. I got a 30k dps boost from that alone.

Would then the following be optimal as 6-link?
- Holy Fire Totem
- Awakened Elemental Focus
- Awakened Controlled Destruction
- Awakened Added Fire Damage
- Combustion
- Multiple Totems or Infused Channelling, depending on how many totems you want?

Using this rather expensive setup with three totems, I am now at 162K per totem in my hideout (with Herald and Anger), going up to 262K when the 100% boost and Arcane Surge kick in.

Need to buy 21/23 Combustion, 21/23 Infused, 4 Empower and then starts my next major project: I bought a non-6L +1 to gems Covenant and this will require a giant stack of jewellers/fuses/vaals to 6L it.

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 31, 2019, 8:31:02 AM
i don't understand how can you summon 2 totems at a time without using multitotem support ?

btw great job and happy new year everybody :D
"
Dkapiteur wrote:
i don't understand how can you summon 2 totems at a time without using multitotem support ?

btw great job and happy new year everybody :D

Not sure which of the two you mean:

1) Summoning 2 totems with one cast: you need Multiple Totems Support for that (or Spell Echo, but that would be stupid)

2) Having more than one totem in play. This can be done through:
- the Ancestral Bond node on the passive tree
- the +1 to summoned totems that occurs on some Shaper shields
- Multiple Totems Support

I use three totems myself, but you should only do this when you have really great gear.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
in the shaper kill vids he summon 2 totems instead of 1

if you look the pob he don't use the multiple totem support ! that why i ask how did he do that ???

Sry for my bad english, it's not my first language :(
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
El_Pollex wrote:

I have currently this setup:

Gloves: Vixens for 1 more curse with the skills:
Projectile Weakness - Assasins Mark - Increased Duration - Elemental Weakness.

Chest: Covenant with the skills:
Holy Flame Totem - Added Fire Damage - Infused Channeling - Combustion - Increased Critical Strikes - Controlled Destruction

And when I check my character with PoB I only see in the Calcs menu the Curses and Debuffs:
Combustion - Flammability - Projectile Weakness

Is this meaning I am currently not using Assasins and Elemental weakness?

If you only use Vixen's, you can cast only two curses. You get one curse for free, forthe rest you must use gear or the tree:
- the Whispers of Doom node on the passive tree (either directly or through anointing your amulet, see below)
- one or two Doedre's Damning rings
- Windscream or Windshriek boots
and there are probably more

I use
Unavailable
Unavailable

An easy way to test is to go to a really low level area and cast Flammability on a mob. You can count the icons above their head to see how many curses you cast.

Finally, once you get quad curse working, I suggest to replace the Critical Strikes with Multiple Totems, as this works better with the Knockback you get from Projectile Weakness.

Thanks for the reply Man, now I understand better how it works, it seems I need to still works in my character to make it better...
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
thx i understand now :D <3
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
fid1 wrote:

Would then the following be optimal as 6-link?
- Holy Fire Totem
- Awakened Elemental Focus
- Awakened Controlled Destruction
- Awakened Added Fire Damage
- Combustion
- Multiple Totems or Infused Channelling, depending on how many totems you want?

Using this rather expensive setup with three totems, I am now at 162K per totem in my hideout (with Herald and Anger), going up to 262K when the 100% boost and Arcane Surge kick in.

Need to buy 21/23 Combustion, 21/23 Infused, 4 Empower and then starts my next major project: I bought a non-6L +1 to gems Covenant and this will require a giant stack of jewellers/fuses/vaals to 6L it.

I've now found that instead of added fire damage that fire penetration is better overall for bosses/killing mobs. However, if you have awakened added fire damage, then that's much better if it's at level 5. My effective DPS is 909k per totem with all buffs up according to path of building. It's 606k per totem for a standard boss. The only upgrades I see for myself in sight is if I can find a way to get rid of the covenant and sustain the totem cost through mana.
IGN:WitchSummonerz
Have any of you tried to use Molten Shell or Frost Wall instead of increased duration with cast when damage taken?

it is not better to have more resistance than time in this case?

Because with this setup we can have three of this: Molten Shell, Frost Wall, Steel Skin or Immortal Call

What do you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info