able to buy keys from devs soon?

i was chitchatting in global chat yesterday, and this transpired:

2012/03/31 15:26:38 87856814 162 [INFO Client 4624] #Amarus: if i could buy a beta key straight from the devs i'd do it in a heartbeat
2012/03/31 15:26:48 87866689 162 [INFO Client 4624] #Chris_ChatB: Amarus: soon

i took a screencap of it too but then i forgot and overwrote the clipboard with something else, so no pic available, sorry.

so apparently we'll be able to actually buy keys straight from the devs eventually? when will we be able to do this? i looked around and couldn't find any other mention of this.
I asked about it and one said something to the effect of in around a week and it would probably be about 10 bucks.
Yeah, Nerf said something about being able to donate for a key after the weekend yesterday in HC league.
I read somehing along those lines, if you were to donate some money towards the development then you would get beta access along with extra stuff... Looking forward to the anouncement!!!
Splendid. I've been waiting for a key for ages, I'd rather just buy one at this point.
"
Scylurus wrote:
I read somehing along those lines, if you were to donate some money towards the development then you would get beta access along with extra stuff... Looking forward to the anouncement!!!

Yes, it was something like this. I saw it coming from Chris, Brian and Rory. Basically it sounded like they would be asking about $10 and for that you would get beta access and some other stuff. There will probably be news posted about it in the next couple of weeks.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
I do not like this, the notion that you can "donate" $10.00 and get a beta key is fine imo. However the "some other stuff" bothers me. If it's like a skin or something for your character then that's fine, but if it's an item or free perk point than that is a BIG nono.

What do you guys think?
"
Kojinto wrote:
I do not like this, the notion that you can "donate" $10.00 and get a beta key is fine imo. However the "some other stuff" bothers me. If it's like a skin or something for your character then that's fine, but if it's an item or free perk point than that is a BIG nono.

What do you guys think?

They already said all cash purchases are cosmetic ONLY
One plan that I've heard hinted at was to implement a version of the in-game store and allow people to purchase cosmetics that would transfer over to the final version... with that purchase they would probably allow you in to play.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Earthdforce wrote:
"
Kojinto wrote:

What do you guys think?

They already said all cash purchases are cosmetic ONLY

I'm aware of that, I just hope GGG doesn't let all this popularity and good will from the community go to their heads and cause them to release content with these "donations" that give characters more power over others in an attempt to make more money to help game development.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info