Clarity

"
KaXXoR wrote:
Way too much mana reserved for the regen.
No need to say more.
You realize that mana total is meaningless right? Only thing that matters for maintaining spell damage output is mana regeneration rate.

That's what makes Blood Magic so powerful. Life regen is exponentially faster than mana.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
KaXXoR wrote:
Way too much mana reserved for the regen.
No need to say more.
You realize that mana total is meaningless right? Only thing that matters for maintaining spell damage output is mana regeneration rate.

That's what makes Blood Magic so powerful. Life regen is exponentially faster than mana.

That doesn't make turn round the fact that 400 mana reserved is A LOT for an aura. That's 45% of a standard mana pool. It almost forces you to pick eldritch battery.
IGN Rampage = Petral_Throw
IGN Beyond = Petraso_mental
"
VMP wrote:
That doesn't make turn round the fact that 400 mana reserved is A LOT for an aura. That's 45% of a standard mana pool. It almost forces you to pick eldritch battery.

Oooor you use it at a lower level and still get a crapload of Mana Regen?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
VMP wrote:

Oooor you use it at a lower level and still get a crapload of Mana Regen?

I could not disagree more. Higher level spells should be superior. The current design of Clarity is god awful. To make it better at higher levels it could be made to a percentage aura or just reduce the amount reserved by about 100% (to 50% of what it is now). Currently as a mana-hungry witch I still do not use clarity (and I have some mana nodes as well).. It is easier to spec in 40% mana regen nodes at templar and witch starts then to have enough mana to maintain clarity. Now were talking a mana-cost free 80% regen boost versus a ~100% regen boost for a high level clarity, using about half your mana pool. That is not right. I would take purity or discipline over clarity any day of the week.
"Now were talking a mana-cost free 80% regen boost versus a ~100% regen boost for a high level clarity"
Those percent-regen bonuses also apply to Clarity (after all, Clarity is not percent-regen :/ ). Using both of them gets you a multiplicative effect and it's ridiculously powerful. That "100%" boost on Clarity is stronger than the 80% from passives.

If you can't afford a max level Clarity, there's no reason to skip it entirely, unless you like using Mana Leech (which is entirely fine, mind!). Just grab a lower-level Clarity and get a ton of Mana Regen still. How is that a bad thing? The higher level Clarity is still superior, but your build cannot support it properly, so you don't use it. I really don't see an issue there.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 20, 2013, 12:27:39 PM
"
slyme wrote:
I could not disagree more. Higher level spells should be superior.

Where is that rule written down?

Skills generally get more *powerful* at higher levels, but the cost and requirements go up. If you think a gem is better for you at a lower level, dismiss the level-up message and leave it alone. If you're desperate for mana regen, you can always run Clarity with Blood Magic support.

Also, seconding Vipermagi's recommendation to get some mana regen passives *and* use Clarity. It's an incredibly powerful combo. If you take Inner Force, that multiplies the amount of regen you get from Clarity again. So e.g. if you have 100% in mana regen passives plus Inner Force, every 1 point of base regeneration on Clarity will actually give you 2.6 additional mana regen per second.
Last edited by Incompetent on May 21, 2013, 7:08:01 AM
Sucks, too high mana cost. Put away mana to gain mana? Wow, plus minus ZERO gain smart design.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
I can't wait to see the new buffed values after 11.0 patch releases...
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
So with the same gear as before, level 20 clarity, level 20 discipline, eldritch battery, same passive tree (inner force ring), I'm pretty sure my regen is still about the same lol.
Innerforce nerf took my mana regen down about 20... not nice.
IGN: Reoxy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info