Culling Strike

lets say I'm using a dual totem node and my Damage on main hand is "1"

with culling strike levelled multiplier e.g 10% increase damage, does my damage become 1.10 now?

Also, if I have lightning damage support, does culling strike affect this amount of (e.g 1-20 lightning damage) ? I'm sure it doesn't but I would like to clarify on this.

If you have dual totem, your damage is 0. 10% of 0 is still 0. 1-20lightning is also 0. Everything is 0.
don't mean to be pushy and keep up the good work etc, but can we get a confirmation on if rarity/quantity works with culling strike? (particulary the culling strike from power siphon)
I got a question that i think everyone would like to hear the answer to.

My question is: Does Culling Strike work in PvP on other players?
I didn't test it, but since the tooltip says it will kill "enemies" that are at 10% or less life it should work on players aswell as for monsters.

Yes, enemy players are still enemies.
that 10% is fixed and the is no way to increase it?
Yup.
Patch Notes Version 0.10.1 indicate:
-On-hit effects can now apply even if they deal no damage.

Therefore i can conclude that Culling Strike will now work with Ancestral Bond.
"
TinyAngryCrab wrote:
This gem seems hugely underwhelming. I struggle to think of many cases in which it provides superior bang for buck than any standard "damage increasing" gem, and combined with the cast/attack speed reduction the opportunity cost only seems vastly worse.

You have two ways of making it very useful:
- Attach it to a secondary attack, that you'll use to finish mobs (and 10% HP taken off in a single hit on a boss is quite a huge hit)
- Be the last-hitter in a group with high quantity/rarity gear. That gem guarantees that you'll get last hits on all bosses and most trash mobs so that your gear makes more items drop
IGN: EthInvictus

Trading Forums Enhancer: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244736
A fully leveled 20% quality Culling Strike gives 23% increased damage and 10% increased Cast/Attack speed on top of the culling aspect, for only a 10% multiplier it's not a bad deal I think. It's mostly useful for last hitting stuff with Item Rarity/Item Quantity or for refilling your flasks in groups though, since you generally can find a better support, but it's not a terrible one, at least with quality and once it's lvled a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info