(OLD) Public Weekend Ladder Race Events

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I sure hope people get queued for exploiting this in a competition.
The only problem is how do you punish people for exploiting it without also punishing people who get disconnected for legitamate reasons beyond their control?

yeah my team mate got DCd on the boss and i had to wait for him to come back and he missed the boss still so we had to do it again. (twice the loot i guess)

and those ladder results on that page posted above were the best and easiest for me. cheers for that, now i can see how bad i did ahaha no toilet breaks next time. lol

As someone who has done a couple of ladder races before I would like to have seen a race for non-alpha or beta members only to be fair to the weekend only participants. Pretty hard to implement obviously but just a thought.

I had a go at Event #1 and managed to fit in 90 minutes of play time between domestic chores. Cutting up onions can sure mess with your vision :) I reached lev 13 with a marauder and died about seven times, I may run a witch in Event #3 for a change. Good to see all the new temporary members enjoying themselves and Chris doing a great job fielding the blizzard of questions. I think the number one question had to be "How do I level up a Skill Gem?"
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
I'm died 5 minutes before the end of race #3 :p
But no matter... only lvl 14.
Last edited by Nosweet on Apr 1, 2012, 8:12:39 AM
Gotta say I like the 2 hour races much more than the 3 hour ones.
IGN @dime
"
dime wrote:

I'm undecided on this, the third hour offers some chances to gain experience in different ways, while the begining part nearly offers one rush direction...
But, to be cut at 120 minutes has its own flavour too, yes.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
dime wrote:

I'm undecided on this, the third hour offers some chances to gain experience in different ways, while the begining part nearly offers one rush direction...

I definitely think that as these events become more regular in Open Beta we'll see a wider variety of time and rule variants. The issue with short rushes is that luck plays a major role in the outcome. One lucky weapon drop can basically hand you the victory. On the other hand, long rushes severely limit the number of players that can participate. I definitely think there's room for both.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
dime wrote:

I definitely think that as these events become more regular in Open Beta we'll see a wider variety of time and rule variants. The issue with short rushes is that luck plays a major role in the outcome. One lucky weapon drop can basically hand you the victory. On the other hand, long rushes severely limit the number of players that can participate. I definitely think there's room for both.

Definitely agree. I personally prefer the 3 hour variant, but it was a good experience trying 2 hours. The major things I noticed:

On a 2h rush, only the top few (literally) players finish the basic difficulty. This is for a few reasons, but the biggest is that if you *can* finish the difficulty, but would only have 5-10 minutes in Cruel, xp-wise you're better off just farming Thicket/Waterfall.

And this results in the removal of one of my favorite parts of the 3h rush - the pace at which you try for in order to *reach* cruel. If only 2-5 players are even getting to cruel per race, it no longer becomes a competition to get to cruel, and instead focuses on maximizing xp gain in normal (which happens as well in the 3 rush, as one of the possible strategies).

As has been said, drops are WAY more important. Obviously drops still give an advantage in 3h races, but due to the fact that as you level, items get less important (the ones that you already have) means that each item has a "duration" for how long it is powerful. In a 2h race, that duation represents a larger chunk of time.

-------------------------

Additionally, comparing default to hardcore, having a party member on default is twice as good, because if you do die, a quick TP can prevent you from missing more than 10-20 seconds of xp.
NewDude: I killed Brutus. Now I have no quest. So what now?
Guy: I guess there are people that NEED quests for direction.
Guy2: I always wonder how those people get through life.
GuyMontag: They get married. Wives are like quest-givers.
event #4 : again 14 but I'm alive ! :p
wish I had seen these during the weekend. Really good for a ftp format and sounds like a lot of fun. Next time...
actually, doesnt really fit into the 'events' thread, but its the best I found...

is there any information available, whats the best results of non-beta players were from the weekend? (highest rank, maybe also separately for each class)
Also be nice would be to know the best race results from them...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info