Rhys wrote:
"
TwistedUp wrote:
The working PC is a Dell Inspiron 1525
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.87GHz
1014mb ram
32bit

That CPU there is from 2008 and is much more powerful than the other (and it supports SSE2). However, it still has a very low amount of RAM. You might be able to start the game, but I suspect it would crash with an Out Of Memory error in short order.

Yes, you are correct. The Dell supports SSE 1,2,3,3S. I'll see if it can run the game at a playable degree and let everyone know with a comment on this thread. Thanks for your help!
The Dell runs the game and I am able to create a character, etc. There is lots of lag and loading time but I was trying to minimize this by adjusting some visual settings and the game will not allow me to change the resolution to the lowest setting. I may post this issue in a new thread to see if I can get an answer to why this is. If this is a known issue please let me know before I post a new thread and make a fool of myself LOL.

Additionally: The game loads to the beach to start the beginning of the game and then it takes me back to the log in screen with a message in the lower left corner saying "An unexpected disconnect occurred" I was thinking I might be able to resolve this by lowering the screen resolution but it may not be related. If anyone knows about this issue too, please let me know.

**I do have a pc that will run this game no problem but would like to see if it will run on this one first to get some kind of idea of the minimum requirements that can be used.**
Last edited by TwistedUp on Mar 29, 2012, 10:16:34 PM
"
TwistedUp wrote:
The Dell runs the game and I am able to create a character, etc. There is lots of lag and loading time but I was trying to minimize this by adjusting some visual settings and the game will not allow me to change the resolution to the lowest setting. I may post this issue in a new thread to see if I can get an answer to why this is. If this is a known issue please let me know before I post a new thread and make a fool of myself LOL.

Additionally: The game loads to the beach to start the beginning of the game and then it takes me back to the log in screen with a message in the lower left corner saying "An unexpected disconnect occurred" I was thinking I might be able to resolve this by lowering the screen resolution but it may not be related. If anyone knows about this issue too, please let me know.

**I do have a pc that will run this game no problem but would like to see if it will run on this one first to get some kind of idea of the minimum requirements that can be used.**

Most of the problems I see in this forum is about graphic cards. To be able to answer your question they might need to know what your graphic card is and maybe even its drivers. ;)

The "An unexpected disconnect occured" is a standard-error that I have seen a couple of times mostly when their servers are having hiccups or restarting. My guess is that your client is complaining about the servers response being too slow, probably as a result of the low memory of your computer. Seems this "character-saving" feature designed to prevent lag-spikes from killing characters in the game is preventing you from OOMing and playing the game on that particular computer. :)
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Last edited by radiatoren on Mar 29, 2012, 11:03:26 PM
Do you think the loading screen takes more than 40 seconds? If the server doesn't hear from you for too long, it'll assume your client has crashed or disconnected, and will boot you!
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
Do you think the loading screen takes more than 40 seconds? If the server doesn't hear from you for too long, it'll assume your client has crashed or disconnected, and will boot you!

The game takes quite a while to load when going into the actual gameplay, I'd say about 60 secs or so. The game loads and I see my character and surroundings for about 10 secs, at this point it's still processing and can't move around yet. Then it takes me back to the sign in screen with the mentioned message.

With the information given about the nature of the system, you're most likely correct about it being because of the character idling too long while the PC is processing the area.

Edit: Sometimes I get a message saying something about Authentication and transferring

I will just upgrade the memory for $30 USD, not a big deal. Looks like the minimum requirements are Pentium 4 or later if intel and Opteron or later if AMD with a minimum of 2gig memory. I'm looking forward to contributing and enjoying the great gameplay.
Last edited by TwistedUp on Mar 30, 2012, 1:24:41 AM
OK, scratch that. I have somehow managed to load the game up quickly and am playing on the Dell now LOL. I let it sit on the Log in screen for a while and maybe that let the processing catch up.
Hi guys im not sure whether this relates to you'r problems but im not sure whether this is a glitch,bug or whether it was made this way, but when i downloaded the installer and and i installed path of exile it says
Checking resources...
And after a few seconds it crashes and says

Client.exe has stopped working

So is this meant to be like that so we cant start it up until the countdown reaches 0 or is it a problem that only i have?

PS. i deleted,downloaded,installed the files 4 times now and it still happens.

PSS.
MY SYSTEM SPECS:

Display Adapters:
Radeon x1650 SE

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @2.13 ghz
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @2.13 ghz
(no i did not paste it twice, its dual core)

Sound, video, game controllers:
Realtek High Definition Audio

Storage Controllers:
Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

Then i went to Control Panel, Classic View, System

Memory(RAM): 2046
System Type: 32-bit operating system

And i don't know if this is any help but i have a 300gb drive and only 186gb has been taken up so far.
Are you Polish?
No?
Then this is useless to you
If you are Polish then visit my Youtube channel!
Its a Polish channel on a few of my minecraft builds :D

www.youtube.com/users/CreeperPolski

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info