Client.exe has encountered problem

Hi, I haven't been able to start the game so far. When I open the game, I immediately get an error "Client.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I couldn't find any threads that have this error when trying to start the game. I have uninstalled/redownloaded/etc. Any suggestions?

Edit: I downloaded and installed on separate computer and it is working. The pc that is having problems starting client.exe is running Win XP sp.3 and the pc working is running vista. That seems to be the only difference. The PC running XP however has a faster CPU, better video card, and the same amount of RAM. If I can think of anything else I'll update this thread with that information. If anyone can think of something I might have missed, feel free to post your comments.

Additional Note: The default browser on the problematic pc is Firefox and the working pc is using IE as it's default browser. (Making IE the default browser didn't work)
Last edited by TwistedUp on Mar 29, 2012, 7:09:56 PM
There are some files in the Redist folder, perhaps try running some of them? It could be something there is missing? If that doesn't work, I'll pass this on to another more tech-savvy member of the team :P
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
There are some files in the Redist folder, perhaps try running some of them? It could be something there is missing? If that doesn't work, I'll pass this on to another more tech-savvy member of the team :P

Yes I ran both the DX and Open files with no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.
What are the specs of the computer where the game isn't working?
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
What are the specs of the computer where the game isn't working?

Microsoft XP SP.3
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
512mb ram
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series AGP
512MB of RAM is way too low to run the game; you need at least 2 GB.

That CPU from circa 2002 is also too old; it doesn't support SSE2 instructions which are required by the game.

Sorry, you'll have to upgrade your hardware before playing.
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
512MB of RAM is way too low to run the game; you need at least 2 GB.

That CPU from circa 2002 is also too old; it doesn't support SSE2 instructions which are required by the game.

Sorry, you'll have to upgrade your hardware before playing.

Ok, but that wouldn't be the reason for the screen with the patch notes to not even appear. The computer that it is working on has only 1 gig of ram and less cpu power so although the game may not run properly when gameplay has actually started that doesn't address the issue at hand. Sorry if I'm seeming persistent, I just would hate to see this issue happen with others who have the required PC specs.

Edit: I don't know anything about programing... Would the lack of ability to execute SSE2 instructions cause this error where the screen that downloads the 3.65GB files to not appear?
Last edited by TwistedUp on Mar 29, 2012, 8:16:32 PM
On that CPU, due the lack of SSE2 instructions, the game client cannot run at all, not even to the point of patching.

Out of interest, what are the specs of the "working" computer?
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
On that CPU, due the lack of SSE2 instructions, the game client cannot run at all, not even to the point of patching.

Out of interest, what are the specs of the "working" computer?

The working PC is a Dell Inspiron 1525
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.87GHz
1014mb ram
32bit
"
TwistedUp wrote:
The working PC is a Dell Inspiron 1525
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.87GHz
1014mb ram
32bit

That CPU there is from 2008 and is much more powerful than the other (and it supports SSE2). However, it still has a very low amount of RAM. You might be able to start the game, but I suspect it would crash with an Out Of Memory error in short order.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info