(HC/SC) Facebreaker + Cyclone - Fists of Fury Duelist [Videos Included]

One might assume that the Cyclone has a base spinspeed, that can be increased by IAS from Weapons, Nodes and Gear/Gloves etc.

Maybe diminishing returns on the IAS to not make it too OP
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Mar 10, 2013, 5:27:12 AM
Well the reason dual wield was favored in D3 was because of the resources gained from more crits. You could continuously sprint more and keep berserker up permanentlg much easier than with a 2 hander.

Doesnt seem like a problem here since the skill seems like you cant change direction while using it in short bursts.... and there isn berserker super saiyan mode to keep up. I suppose with quicksilver flasks you could keep moving fast by recharging them quickly but thats based off kills and not crits, so wep speed doesnt really matter there.

Im pretty excited for the skill next week I think its gonna be fun.

It could be balanced in D 3 if they chnaged the barb skill that generates mana on crits to generate a bit more with a 2 hander than a 1.... something like that.
"
Kwonryu wrote:
One might assume that the Cyclone has a base spinspeed, that can be increased by IAS from Weapons, Nodes and Gear/Gloves etc.

Well the IAS alone wasnt what made it OP its that there was too much synergy between getting crits and the resources gained from that. 2handers did a ton of dmg, but giving up the highly increased crit strikes wasnt worth it
Barehand attacks can crit, the chance is just really low.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
"
casval776 wrote:
Barehand attacks can crit, the chance is just really low.

Oh, if it's able to crit, I'm pretty sure the crit chance is something abysmal like 1%, so relying on them is probably not a good idea. Anyway, I'll have a look and edit the main post accordingly.

Edit: I just had a look and it doesn't show any chance to crit on the default attack when unarmed, but it does show a crit strike multiplier. Odd, but it means there is no chance to crit when unarmed I guess. If you can show me otherwise please do.

"
Kwonryu wrote:

This is how I assumed it would work, since that's how similar skills like Sweep work. Only time will tell, I suppose.
Last edited by EndOfEnds on Mar 10, 2013, 7:04:00 AM
obviously i will try facebreaker (fist time ever) with cyclone
thats seem to be very imba
I used the Passive Reset on my Unarmed Marauder to make him a Fire Breather(Incinerate)...

.....Deleted him the next day cause it was HORRIBLE....

---Going to make an Unarmed Duelist using a version of this build...
...kind of want to go CI Cyclone!

Already have this Unarmed gear from my Marauder...
Spoiler

Hopefully it will work out well:)
"
Defilade wrote:
If cyclone is anything like WW from D2 or WW from D3, it will scale with IAS from multiple sources, including weapons.

It doesn't make sense otherwise everyone will just run 2H cyclone all day and forget about dual wielding. Though, what happened in D3 was that everyone dual wielded because of the massive IAS(amazing synergy with LoH) and left WW and sprint really broken... They are going to have to balance the pros and cons for using different weapons with cyclone.

in d2 classic you didnt need ANY ias for ww

in d2 lod you need alot of ias !ON! your mainhand weapon and every ias from gear was useless!
Nice gear Epsilon2012, I'd definitely recommend getting the Meginord's Girdle, Heavy Belt unique though, it adds a ton of damage and gives you a nice health boost too.

Edit: CI Cyclone might not be a good idea if the animation could be interrupted by Frozen/Stunned. But we don't know if it can be interrupted mid-cast or not yet.

I've been thinking of ways to counter the biggest flaw of this build (physical reflect), and all I've come up with is using bear trap(s) and granite flasks. Can anybody else think of anything? I doubt the armour from gear would be able to offset the insane damage you'd be dealing to the enemy. At least we won't kill ourselves by killing an offscreen reflect mob, I suppose.

Last edited by EndOfEnds on Mar 10, 2013, 10:42:13 AM
Wonder if it works with Life on Hit or Life Leech. Then you could go unwavering stance + iron reflexes. Dual wield claws for incredible life gain and some movement speed bonus for extra win.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info