respecing.

my ideal would be to only allow respecs after lvl 25, and every 25 levels after that. so u get a respec at 25,50, and 75. or just level to 100 and have 3 respecs in wait still. this would only be on normal league of course.. no respecs on the other leagues ever! I only say this beacause I dotn really know what the minor respecs that they say they are going to allow are like.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It is in the game design that players are supposed to make new characters and play through the game multiple times. The leveling process is going to be fairly fast. (a lot faster than in mmorpgs).
if respecing is supposed to be a cheep form of replayability, i would suggest an experience loss in exchange; less savage when trying to test out a new formula or correct a long term mistake.
The Irish old-Man-inator. aka The TEMPALAR.
Or just not have re specs at all. Makes it so it takes people time to perfect builds.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
This is a free to play game, so maybe they can offer one or two free re-specs, then if you want more, you pay a small sum for it.
There should be a relatively rare item with which you can reset one skill point.
this way you character won't be flawed if you misplaced one or two skillpoints by accident - but you can't change your build willy-nilly. In addition, a full respec would be very costly and starting a new character probably be easier.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
I expect there will be an Orb of Respec that is a very rare drop that can also be used to buy or trade for high end items.
*Now with added Kiwi*
(His name is Colin)
I knew I had seen something about respecs, but could not remember where or what it said. But after a large cup of coffee and looking around, I saw this on the Developer Diary page:

Path of Exile doesn’t allow entire-character passive-skill respecs. We will allow a limited quantity of small-scale respecs to fix mistakes or planning errors, but we want to encourage people to build a new character rather than entirely repurpose an existing one. This isn’t just because we want people to play our game more, but because it’s meant to be fun to play characters, rather than some chore that people want to press a button to skip. Also, the quality of characters evolved through play is often substantially higher than that of characters that have all of their passive skills allocated in one go. As we’ve seen from resetting passives in the Alpha, many players are very short-sighted with their skill allocation and skip important skills to maximize damage. This means they don’t have the right amount of life/mana/accuracy and other crucial stats they wouldn’t think to allocate without actually playing the character as they allocate the points. The lack of full respecs means that it’s not trivial for people to merely copy a good build from the internet. This rewards players who come up with innovative builds themselves
"
Runeclaw wrote:
I knew I had seen something about respecs, but could not remember where or what it said. But after a large cup of coffee and looking around, I saw this on the Developer Diary page:

Path of Exile doesn’t allow entire-character passive-skill respecs. We will allow a limited quantity of small-scale respecs to fix mistakes or planning errors, but we want to encourage people to build a new character rather than entirely repurpose an existing one. This isn’t just because we want people to play our game more, but because it’s meant to be fun to play characters, rather than some chore that people want to press a button to skip. Also, the quality of characters evolved through play is often substantially higher than that of characters that have all of their passive skills allocated in one go. As we’ve seen from resetting passives in the Alpha, many players are very short-sighted with their skill allocation and skip important skills to maximize damage. This means they don’t have the right amount of life/mana/accuracy and other crucial stats they wouldn’t think to allocate without actually playing the character as they allocate the points. The lack of full respecs means that it’s not trivial for people to merely copy a good build from the internet. This rewards players who come up with innovative builds themselves

Honestly have to say I strongly disagree with the devs on this one, because they are implying that if I want to be successful in-game or avoid passive skill planning errors, I need to break immersion and follow someone else's build. I think that discourages experimentation and limits what you want to do, it scares people into thinking they need to have the right build to properly progress through the game and that seems like a huge mistake in D2 that they are repeating, but this time, without a second chance (there were 3 full respecs in D2 which allowed you to fix your character if a faulty build was preventing you from continuing the game). But in all honesty, I don't want there to be any "right" builds, I don't want there to be a "strongest" build, I want to see many unique builds that all work equally as well.

So sorry GGG, but I don't think "fix small errors" is good enough.
I think full respect should be allowed but very rare - 2 or 3 per game.

The ability to change about 5 skill points would be useful, but very very costly and have a in game time restraint

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info