Incinerate

Es ist einfach nur Schade und traurig, dass den Programmierern nichts einfällt, als einfach irgendwelche Skills so zu nerfen, dass sie nicht mehr sinnvoll spielbar sind.
So wird es den nächsten Skill wie z. B. Tornado Shot und den nächsten usw. gehen. Das machen die Kurzdenker so lange, bis keiner mehr dieses Spiel spielt.
Warum dürfen die Leute nicht ihren Spass haben mit diesem Skill, egal ob stark oder nicht.
Warum aber wurde dieser Skill aber an allen Ecken generft. Es hätte auch gereicht, die zusammarbeit mit Spell Echo zu unterbinden.
Ich finde das voll erbärmlich auf diese Art zu handeln, deshalb werde ich ab sofort meine Unterstützung in der Form einstellen, dass ich nichts mehr supporte.
Ich prognostiziere mal, dass es nicht mehr lange dauert, bis die Kurzdenker das gesamt Spiel kaputtgenerft haben!
We used to joke in the closed beta that the goal of GGG was to have the basic attack as the best option and that all skills were to be just flavour.

You can see this attitude in action, with how they reworked incinerate.Which is now a mid pack damage spell that requires maybe the highest build and gear focus of any skill in the game.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
INCINERATE.

Sorry ragnar.... My german isnt up to late.

Jeez where to begin nerf pls nerf some moore cus power charachters demand.
Jeez. tried to stick to it but yeay coc still rules.

Try stand still casting, its not easy try not to crit, try not to die..............

flametotem incinerate we die all the time whats the problem -50% dam uoch k we try t11 barley ................ jeez nerfy.

not very constructive post/d

Last edited by Hyboric on Feb 12, 2016, 5:04:04 PM
For what it is worth coming from a One-Post-Wonder:

I have had countless hours of PvE fun in this game (lvl 68-70-ish), both solo and teaming up with friends. (Up until the patch that "rebalanced" Incinerate.) I followed a build that centered around Incinerate and the nerf hit me hard. Standing still to build up charges that do far less damage means what I used to be able to kill before it hurt or target me too badly now has me stationary with 5+ mobs reaching my location - standing in a aoe/curse. I have to flee before I have even killed most of the trash. It prevents me from successfully targeting enemies based on threat level as I am swarmed by their mobs without the damage output to handle their numbers.

I do like to be mobile and understand I cannot remain stationary and expect no repercussions, but with Incinerate it was a worthy trade-off for me. It was not the only trick up my sleeve, but it was the backbone of my build. It let me combat the trash- & rush-mobs (and was forgiving on the occasional lag) and let me fight at midi-range (which is my ideal) - allowing me to re-position myself as new clusters of mobs arrived or skills were deployed. After the rebalance I found myself in hairy situations far too often, my health was always lower and I had far less control on the battlefield. I spent much more time running away and it was an altogether significant reduction of gameplay enjoyment for me.

I did not PvP and I did not rush dungeons. I soloed and explored a lot and liked to test out new combinations of gems/traits/abilities. I may have been a bit of a hallway hero with Incinerate, drawing aggro and funneling the enemies, but to me that was an enjoyable tactic and good pace of play.

The change to Incinerate has sadly left me with an ability that is not a viable focus at my level/capabilities. The ability went from star to supplemental. As much enjoyment as I've had from this wonderful f2p game; I used to play daily and now have not played since December. My friends were sympathetic of my plight after testing out the changes for themselves and we have moved on to other games. Reading on the forums I recognize that the change to Incinerate was done to balance PvP and from the "top down", but I could not fully leave this game behind until I had voiced my opinion on how this change affected me - as a casual player having spent countless hours reading Incinerate build guides, collecting equipment and attempting to fine-tune the skill I chose to dedicate my character to.
Yep, it seems they ignored what I and a few other key players said in this thread, that the lack of mobility was a significant tradeoff for the skill's ability to kill without stacking crit. It differentiated the skill and made for an interesting (DIFFERENT) gameplay option. You had to be tanky to take advantage of its high damage, and that's where many of those skill points were REQUIRED to go, instead of putting them into crit. Now you have the worst of both worlds.

The skill is now basically useless at high levels except perhaps on a totem with summons to protect it (and even then, seriously underpowered compared to alternatives).

Perhaps most significantly, this category of nerf has the effect of homogenizing skills even more. I hope GGG can keep that in mind when deciding what and how to nerf in the future.

Skill differentiation is just as important as balance, GGG. It's what keeps your game interesting for long-time players. If you make unique skills unable to compete, you are basically coralling your players into a homogenous pool of samey spells, whose biggest distinction is aesthetic.

And that's boring.
Wash your hands, Exile!
2.2 patch notes...

...No buffs for incinerate.

LAME.
Playing incinerate rn level 84. Only thing that sucks is maintaining 3 stacks. Since the damage is sub-par you have to get 3 stacks to deal the most damage. Either it needs to be reduced to 2 stacks and 75% more damage per stack or it should have a reave like mechanic.(Can maintain the stacks for a couple of seconds). Just my opinion. I like the skill, it just needs little improvements to be close to as good as other skills.
Please make this gem good again.
The skill needs a significant buff if echo doesn't work with it. There are so many builds out there that crap on any incinerate build. The mana cost is too high to maintain and as the above posters mention, it takes a while to get 3 stacks to kick in.

When you play in party, other builds just kill enemies while your ramping up to 3 stacks.

It is silly.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
GGG please buff Incinerate for 2.3 patch. The gem isn't even close to competitive to the current meta. The only way to get good damage is to go assassin incinerate, and thats lame because the gem was originally designed to do good damage without needing to crit. Its a channeling spell, with a tiny aoe that requires proj speed AND more projectiles to be even remotely effective. That being said it still leaves you vulnerable because it roots you when you cast it. There are many gems that are 1. mobile 2. do way more damage 3. kill the entire screen and you guys gut Incinerates damage. I have my hopes high for 2.3 patch that Incinerate can get a little love as its pretty much forgotten about (and will definitely be forgotten about if chaos conversion is nerfed alot)
[User Social Credit Score: 596]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info