Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

I ... am ... so hyped. Build and Item Diversity is everything for me in PoE. I rarely ever play builds till red maps, but I start a new character once I hit either white or yellow maps and everything that gives me more options, more stuff to experiment or new skills is like tailored for me.

I understand everyone who is concerned with any of the nerfs but for me they are great as they open the field. I am not playing "that one particular build" and although I loved Blade Vortex and Brands I consider the nerfs fine and I doubt they will be unusable. I only would be said they nerf them so much that they are not viable anymore - as BV is my favorite build so far.

I really have difficulties to understand how people are so angry about the melee changes postponed to 3.7.0. I much prefer bigger changes and to get them later. I played several melee builds in 3.5.0 just to not be burned out on casters in 3.6.0 and I had a lot of fun. However, I am not saying they melee changes are not important or needed, all I say is I have absolutely no problem waiting for 3 months and play the heck out of 3.6.0 until then.
Last edited by MNNoxMortem on Mar 5, 2019, 10:46:56 AM
"
MaxGor31 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axgevs/

that's the link to reddit where dev is clearing things up. And what i wrote in 1st post is exactly how it will work. 10% max hp per instance determines both life recovered and instance duration. There will be 3 (fucking three!) modifiers to life leech that will be able to increase that 10% but where they will be and in what numbers we don't know. But one thing is clear - Slayer's 20% of overkill damage is leeched as life is totaly useless now cause if those 20% of overkill is more than your 10% * (some modifier) * (max hp) then it could as well be a regular hit.

Edit 2.

Also Mark writes that leech rate will be always 2% of max hp per second for 1 instance. That means Vaal Pact (will increase maximum achievable recovery rate) does nothing for slow hitting builds cause you won't be able to reach it's potential before instances start to run out.

Very unthought through change.

Bro think i misunderstood you then. Maybe the way you wrote it dunno. Btw the bolded part i 100% agree.

EDIT: ok now i got what you were trying to say.
Last edited by etkratos on Mar 5, 2019, 10:55:12 AM
To sum things up.

More nerfs to traps and totems.

Some spells are going to get buffed although it's still very much questionable whether they will be worth it.

Curses are getting a buff. Hopefully to the point where they are truly useful in boss fights now but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Shield leech may be worth using now. When are the shield potions coming up though?

That about sums up the important points.

Now for some notes. Why are traps and totems getting nerfed? yes they are good, they are still nowhere nearly as good as the 10+m DPS builds that can also tank nearly everything if not everything. Yet what gets nerfed is what is popular and archievable by a large number of people, not the ridiculous levels of power only within the reach of a few. it's easy to see who the Devs favor. I'll leave question of why this is to others. I sure have my theories but hey, no need to break out the tinfoil hats.

On a second note. Why is there a need to make balance by making things worse. Why not balance by making things better instead? I'm sure I'd have more fun if a lot more builds were viable rather than less. By viable I mean a build that is cheap enough that anyone can easily do and able to do almost all content.

Lastly I'd like to see things change in this game, while they don't I will refuse to play and as such spend money on GGG games.

General content should have the same level of difficulty. That is to say, delve monsters should deal about the same damage as map monsters of the same level. Similarly, vaal pyramid monsters should deal the same level of damage as monsters of the same in maps. Reduce the damage on sindicate and their damage sponginess. This is after all standard content. As standard as mapping!

Less timed related stuff. Let people play at their own pace, not at a pace you enforce. Enforcing people to play one way is a terrible game design! Redesign the vaal pyramid cause no one likes its timer (while you're at it redesign the RNG levels in getting a decent pyramid layout!). Remove darkness mechanics from delve, it's not fun to fight against things that are invunerable while at the same stacking huge dots on the player. remove timers on sindicate missions. This whole synthesys mechanic, yet another not fun thing! Please understand that this only caters to streamers. Streamers are not the majority of your playerbase, they are the minority and while they bring in players. Once they start dealling with this kind of mechanics, they will leave because it's no good for them!

Until this whole level of overdamage given to enemies is removed and until the stramer content is removed. I'll not be playing and I'm not the only one. Every single friend of mine that used to play with me has already given up on the game ever since delve, they didn't even wanted to check out sindicate league and guess what, they definitely do not want to go anywhere near this new one either. I tried sindicate. Didn't even played 2 weeks. I only did 1 month for delve and that's because despite how bad it was, delving was giving me a lot of currency on my totem build but of course it got pretty stale when all i could do was get more currency than I normally did but couldn't make other fun builds since delve would wreck them. Builds that were other than delve tried and tested.

Maybe you'll want to take a really good look at what you are doing. It reminds me of EVE. great game when I joined but bad decision after bad decission slowly killed the game as it shifted the ideal of play the game the way you like to, we only want you doing PVP. Thus I advise you stop this whole idea of making the game only for streamers and some people who are very skilled at the game and have plenty of time to play. Least you end up like EVE. Don't forget that when you lose people, they tend never to come back!
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
lagnard wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

It refers to ES leech (that can be buffed via passives)not life leech.
Btw try to read about life leech on the wiki to understand how leech works.

Slayer´s leech effect on full life is getting nerfed but that´s a good thing (it´s too OP now).

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

First, this is in a separate bold section after energy leech. As such I see no reason to assume this is in reference to energy shield leech only as it is separated in the same way curses and support gems are from energy shield leech.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore.

What I see is there is now a cap on each individual hit.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds.

And this is the limit that is incoming.

Would like GGG clarification .

Their wording isn´t ideal here.
You can take a look at reddit post from Mark_GGG.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axgevs/could_it_be_just_poor_wording_when_it_comes_to/

As I understand it. It should effect Slayer (Ascendant / Slayers) at first place (their potential of leeching on full life) but it might affect slow hitting characters too. Although I am not sure about practical application.
Last edited by Rakiii on Mar 5, 2019, 11:21:46 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:

Their wording isn´t ideal here.
The 10% limit you´re talking here about (in the last sentence) is the same for all leech types, and is an entirely different thing than the maximum total recovery per second from leech (which is 20% of max base for life and mana - same as now, and 10% for ES).

But leech is more complex than that so you can take a look at reddit post from Mark_GGG.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axgevs/could_it_be_just_poor_wording_when_it_comes_to/

As I understand it. It should effect Slayer (Ascendant / Slayers) at first place (their potential of leeching on full life) but it might affect slow hitting characters too. Although I am not sure about practical application.

Mark in his post actually proved what I was asking to be true.

You can leech a maximum of 20% of your total life/es pool per second, but each hit can only restore a maximum of 10% of your total life/es pool at 2% of your total life pool per second.

This means that you need to hit more times per second or leech will be near worthless to you. Might as well just get more life regen.

And this is/was my complaint. Which means, this is total destruction of slow hard hitting builds.

*Edit spelling/grammar
Last edited by lagnard on Mar 5, 2019, 11:26:29 AM
Enfeeble and Temp chains nerf... lovely.

Glad my chaos DoTs won't be sticking for long and I will have to run around even more trying to dodge uber hits while also trying to inflict more, shorter duration chaos DoTs.

*insert EXCUSE ME WTF meme*
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
omg! omg ! omg ! super hyped for this to come in the future

"Attacks need the same level of attention (if not more) that spells are getting in 3.6.0, as well as changes to Abyss Jewels and Physical Weapon Damage, but we'll be spacing these changes over 3.7.0 and beyond to make sure they get the time and attention they deserve."
twitch.tv/hudi3n3
Many seem to forget that characters are just not supposed to facetank bosses through leech easily.

Against multiple targets (=multiple hits), the sustain will still be there.

Against single target, it won't be as strong, as it's supposed to be and pretty much has been since they reworked leeched couple of years ago.
Storing minutes worth of overleech was just really too much imo.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I feed off of all the salty tears shed in this discussion. <3

Only buffs to the builds I play or intend to play. <3
Arian Synthesis of G3
I have read these comments about new path and I think I keep going with
Metro Exodus. But maybe I sleep over night. Tomorrow we know better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info