Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

so... i have to play with new skills or with basic attack? lul
"
Rakiii wrote:

It refers to ES leech (that can be buffed via passives)not life leech.
Btw try to read about life leech on the wiki to understand how leech works.

Slayer´s leech effect on full life is getting nerfed but that´s a good thing (it´s too OP now).

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

First, this is in a separate bold section after energy leech. As such I see no reason to assume this is in reference to energy shield leech only as it is separated in the same way curses and support gems are from energy shield leech.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore.

What I see is there is now a cap on each individual hit.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds.

And this is the limit that is incoming.

Would like GGG clarification .
cant wait the patchnotes!
"
forawan wrote:
so... i have to play with new skills or with basic attack? lul

Basic attack is too OP for you sry:)
D'oh! Was planning to play Winter Orb. FML!
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

It hasn't changed aside from overleech

if you were playing EQ as either of those ascendancy setups your going to notice but for everyone else it'll be the same as always.

What?? Mate you drunk? Maximum 10% of your max hp can be leeched from 1 hit. So to leech whole life pool you'll need at least 10 hits no matter how hard you hit, every leech instance will just disappear after 10% is leeched by that instance. It's stupid as fuck. They just don't give a shit about non-multustrike slow builds like EQ or Ice Crash or non-Crimson Dance bleed builds, or stun Heavy Strike. It's the whole direction, a playstyle that being fucked, they simply don't think abouy it, cause they don't play the game, they watch streamers, and streamers only play meta.
"
MaxGor31 wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

if you were playing EQ as either of those ascendancy setups your going to notice but for everyone else it'll be the same as always.

What?? Mate you drunk? Maximum 10% of your max hp can be leeched from 1 hit. So to leech whole life pool you'll need at least 10 hits no matter how hard you hit, every leech instance will just disappear after 10% is leeched by that instance. It's stupid as fuck. They just don't give a shit about non-multustrike slow builds like EQ or Ice Crash or non-Crimson Dance bleed builds, or stun Heavy Strike. It's the whole direction, a playstyle that being fucked, they simply don't think abouy it, cause they don't play the game, they watch streamers, and streamers only play meta.

that's not how it work bro. The 10%/max life is a cap on the dmg stored by each leech instance that determine the instance duration, not the total life recovered. On most chars this change nothing. It just affect slayers and scions.

"
etkratos wrote:
"
MaxGor31 wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

that's not how it work bro. The 10%/max life is a cap on the dmg stored by each leech instance that determine the instance duration, not the total life recovered. On most chars this change nothing. It just affect slayers and scions.

Where did i say it determines total recovery? I said it destroys life leech for heavy slow hitting builds, and that is exactly what it does. It does nothing to builds with high attack speed and/or multiple hits with one attack (Molten Strike for ex)

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axgevs/

that's the link to reddit where dev is clearing things up. And what i wrote in 1st post is exactly how it will work. 10% max hp per instance determines both life recovered and instance duration. There will be 3 (fucking three!) modifiers to life leech that will be able to increase that 10% but where they will be and in what numbers we don't know. But one thing is clear - Slayer's 20% of overkill damage is leeched as life is totaly useless now cause if those 20% of overkill is more than your 10% * (some modifier) * (max hp) then it could as well be a regular hit.

Edit 2.

Also Mark writes that leech rate will be always 2% of max hp per second for 1 instance. That means Vaal Pact (will increase maximum achievable recovery rate) does nothing for slow hitting builds cause you won't be able to reach it's potential before instances start to run out.

Very unthought through change.
Last edited by MaxGor31 on Mar 5, 2019, 10:43:34 AM
"
Awesome. Everyone complaining about not having a build need to play a different game. Poe is for people to build new and different characters. Not the same shit. Go play Diablo complainers.

"
Everyone complaining needs to play a different game. A game that is boring and same characters.

This is poe, path of building. Not path of copying.

Spoiler

Enjoy not getting past Kitava with your Staff Sweep/COMK Ice Nova Ranger and spending 5-6 hours going through the 10 acts to make somethings completely new every time. Because yeah, who cares about fighting Shaper/Elder, doing deep and dangerous delves, fighting uber atziri or bestiary bosses... when you could just repeat campaign forever.

"
Innomen wrote:
Soooo fuck everyone except the merchant class that can spend their way past any partial nerfs by buying perfect rolls and mods... Same shit different day.

And for good measure fuck everyone that isn't a merchant that also doesn't play this game like a Korean bullet hell shooter.

Anything less than 200APM for 8 hours a day? Welcome to permanent junk tier challenge mtx. (Now with less pants!)

Love the newb trap ES leech trash also, fat lot of good that does when you're dead in one hit because you intentionally balance the game vs streamer tryhards and merchants with 10exa per slot gear.

Oh well, I had one good league without being a merchant tryhard. I guess that's enough.

Back to forever broke for me.

Because streamers advertise the game for free and merchants also usually regularly buy supporter packs?

But yeah, I do agree that rng/grind gating of content was a huge let-down in Bestiary and Delve (even Abyss to some degree, good thing they boosted Lich spawning).
I cannot comprehend the Devs decision making here.
If you are finally aware of the grievous state that melee is in, why did you not act on that ASAP instead of handing out more goodies to play the game in ways the melee player base does not enjoy?
But instead you tell us that some obviously needed love for melee is beyond the outlook of Synthesis, patch 3.7 or rather the next two leagues? That's abominable!

Berserker has been the trash Ascendancy for so long and now Slayer has to join hands with it? Cause there was no easier way to fix minute long over-leeching issues than to punish a 1-2% player base by destroying their Ascendancy as a whole, without offering ANYTHING to make up for it in return?

But instead you go ahead and give meta builds, which can run around in circles and actually dodge attacks while applying their own damage from afar at the same time, more means of survivability (leech)? Most melee's have to facetank bosses and cannot avoid taking those hard hits, because in order to apply their own damage they need to be close.

Rereading this makes me feel kinda dumb, but looks like someone has to point out the basic game mechanics as bluntly in order to raise awareness.
Slower attack skills like Earth Quake or Consecrated Path are truly screwed by those nerfs.

I may have bought a core supporter pack more recently, but I am totally not in agreement with how the stuff that should matter gets postponed for months to come.

Please let the Berserker finally make his return from Valhalla, without having the Slayer taking its place, thank you very much!

edit: For the sake of this chance, I have participated and read feedback regarding delve and betrayal leagues and have to agree with the majority on making delves more accessible and having betrayal encounters being instanced (like everything else is too). This should be the way to go in order to keep the game fun and enjoyable for everyone.
Last edited by Psykrom on Mar 5, 2019, 10:52:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info