Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

So leech nerf slayer is baiscally dead now absolutly needed that waaay to many slayers out there and they where so op....
Spells and Energy shield get even more op and stupid then they already where and melee is still everyones favourite glue eating trashcan child nice work ggg nice work
Making self-casting fun is good, hopefully the changes are well executed.

Not sure I like the direction GGG's taking to channel the player base towards flavour-of-the-league "archetypes" and new skills.

All that work that went into Ascendancy classes ...

"
Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes (Feb 2018)
... a substantial balance pass to make sure that they're all at the same power level, and to address the design of ones that have shown to be less versatile than others.

We care about a consistent power level for Ascendancy Classes. We want there to be 19 good choices, rather than people feeling like several of them are "noob traps".

We care about class identity. We want each Ascendancy Class to feel completely different from the others, so that players can connect with the identity of each class, and feel tempted to try other ones out."

Lol
Last edited by Sinaranu on Mar 17, 2019, 7:44:34 PM
"Onslaught Support and the Summon Phantasm Support now have effects on hitting Rare and Unique Enemies."

YES!!!!

Time try a new build with Summon Phantasm Support :D
"
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
You seriously nerfed Storm Brand? It was a good clear skill but not so good at bosses... Unless you are dipshit rich it was by far not able to be "too powerful"...

Storm brand had one function I really liked: In a 4l it could curse things *WELL* offscreen (SB, CoH, curse, chain) until its duration ran out.

Other than that I found it 'okay' but not spectacular. Most of it's overpower aspect came when there were 5 out there and someone used 'recall' on the boss...

Exactly. It was really FINE and one of the few things in the game that have been well balanced, unless you could go nuts with money, then it could be dumb but none of the super rich ones I know used it as they went all that meta crap. So really no reason, especially when killing that chaos stuff which made that extreme damage possible.

And recalling didn't do anything but stick 2 brands onto the boss. The extra brands didn't do any damage.

All active brands activate when you use recall, one of the reasons why extra gem levels for recall are a huge single target dps increase.
I am very interested in the trickster changes and the potential for hybrid energy shield and evasion rating to become viable. My issue with this is, if you want to evade attacks, acrobatics is just too good not to have, yet it wont be an option for those who want to be hybrid evasion and energy shield because you will just lose 30% of your energy shield.

I'm not sure if acrobatics will be that important or not but in most cases its an incredibly strong node even if you're not evasion. I still think acrobatics through to phase acrobatics should be a viable option for a hybrid evasion energy shield characters without massively punishing them. At the moment the best key nodes (acrobatics and phase acrobatics) for fulfilling that dodging attacks evasion fantasy for a character are reserved only for life based characters.

That being said if you're pushing this cool hybrid in trickster for being evasion and energy shield then why punish them for making that decision by blocking out some of the best evasion keystones and nodes. Seems counter-intuitive to me.
Last edited by Inexer on Mar 5, 2019, 7:28:50 AM
Love that essence drain and shadow are getting some attention! Excited for tomorrow's official notes
"
Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

Why don't just remove overleech entirely at this point?
I can see that Scion/Slayer is a bit too much powerful, because you can just slap it on top of any other ascendancy, and I totally agree with Scion nerf.
But why would you nerf Slayer himself? It's not like he's overwhelmingly (or any) popular like Scion is. There whole point of Slayer is overleech (20% culling doesn't do that much since your average build melts shaper in a few seconds anyways), so this absolutely unjustified nerf makes him even worse than zerker.

Also RIP VP RF Obliteration Slayer. I won't forget you.
Last edited by okseeque on Mar 5, 2019, 7:37:32 AM
"
Gaxxlol wrote:
Just play Juggernaut 4Head

Agreed 4Head

IMO, people should not complain or blame for metabuild nerf, experiment new skill waste time, melee no buff etc. Instead ppl should play for fun, POE is free.
But of course slayer nerf is kinda over, the 1% should be those who really like slayer playstyle. I was also a slayer, but since ever the OP Bet Syndicate, and yet still exist in new league, I think GGG should come out a new ascendancy for Duelist.
Just like me, fun at stick to a build, fun at not playing metabuild, fun at dont care about league content, fun at not metacraft. 4Head
"
TitansFury121 wrote:
and ofc +1 totems goes to shaper shields, not elder. who cares about melee warchief builds...

I was very worried when they mentioned it would be moved to a shaper/elder craft. As long as its only available on one or the other, there are going to be builds that SHOULD have endgame potential, but don't (including ones that want a synthesized implicit). They should have just buffed ancestral bond and deleted the shield mod altogether imo.
Had really fun on my slayer/ranger RoA ascendant. For once something I managed to get to T15 maps with again thanks to leech.

And leech gets fucked. Again.

I don't even know anymore why I bother trying to finish the epilogue in this game.

I could smell my incinerated corpse at the red eradicator once and that's the furthest I got.

GGG, I am guessing you really don't want the more casual audience to actually ever finish it or something.
Last edited by Naedingur on Mar 5, 2019, 7:48:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info