Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Unique Nerfs
We've made some adjustments to a few unique items that were problematic. Details will be in the patch notes tomorrow.

Will it affect all versions or create legacy ones?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
I don't know. Ignoring melee balances again, and nerfing BF, will not improve build diversivity so much. Last league, top competitor players didnt play melee, now u ignore it for another patch again. It's fine you will change it on 3.7.0, but who will play melee this league? Probably somebody who doesnt care about racing and casual players.

So this really will be casters league, as u announced.

Oh god..Some of these posts here are just embarrassing.

"My build is destroyed" - yet patch notes aren't even revealed yet.
"No more money from me if you nerf my items" - wtf? just lol
"I quit if you change this and this" - bye?

I only hope that bv isn't nerfed too much. I really like to delve in ssf hc btw with my tri-herald bv elementalist.
"
xardas149 wrote:
"
The Gluttony of Elements skill now also provides Curse Immunity, to prevent interactions with Temporal Chains letting it last far too long. Technically, this is a buff.

Was that really needed? You really were that desperate for a bad joke lol?

Always love to hear BV getting nerfed.

The Slayer leech nerf is pretty overkill. I mean it is clearly aimed at ascedant, not slayer itself because lulz who plays that in comparison, but was that really needed?

Btw I really irritated that unique NERFS are put into the forefront. Honestly it makes it seem there are several fucking the game but besides maybe Unnatrual instinct nothing seems really problematic?!

You better fucking buff the endless parade of vendor trash lol.

Yea, so many uniques you wouldn't think of using in a year of playing drunk and upside down.
Typical GGG_Dev:
Hmmm... Arc is pretty popular - 3rd on Top, what I can do with it? Let's look closely: 65% of Arc users are Saboteurs (obviously, trappers) and only 15% are Elementalists (selfcasters + COC).
What I can do here?
Got it! Let's punish selfcasters, by nerfing Arc by itself, nerfing most iconic support gems, and by adding even more "musthave" support gems! Damn, I'm genius!
Who said it's still only 5-links possible to add to Arc? Noobs! Are you forgot about our OP-IMBA mods for elder and shaper items with double support gems on them? Add here corruption too!

So every selfcaster now would be forced to waste trucks of currency just to be able play as before.
That's a bold move, GGG, applause.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Leech Length Nerf
Previously, there was no upper limit on how much an individual leech effect could restore. This meant that a very high damage hit with enough leech could last minutes, if not longer, if you had an effect letting your leech remain on full life. Now, there is a limit of 10% restored per leech effect, so each individual leech effect can't last more than 5 seconds. For the Ascendant's Slayer Passive Skill, this is 5% lower.

This barely affects the fast hitting skills (eg. the overrepresented Molten Strike) but hugely affects the less used slow ones. Why is that any good?

This might be a rational nerf to the Ascendant-slayer (honestly I don't know) but it is basically a more-than-nerf to the Slayer class itself.

That being said the whole Slayer class represents about 1% of the builds. Is that something that needs to be nerfed? Or was it the Ascendant-slayer that needed the nerf? Then why not nerf that and leave the leech mechanincs alone?

This change renders the Endless Hunger node's 20% overkill leech literally useless. Even the verious Increased Life Leeched per Second effects will further reduce the leech duration. Also some of the new veiled mods suffer.

What is the reason behind all that? Someone mentioned that leech was not supposed to replace regeneration ... but c'mmon ... it is the single most defining unique aspect of the Slayer class! Slayers have lasting leech effect.

This is what made the Obliteration RF Slayer build possible for example. Which is a unique and creative build with no OP superpowers but still a nice build to play in high maps and most endgame content. And now.... is it gone? It seems.

Sometimes ppl find creative ways to use the mechanics and develop new and unexpected builds. This adds to build diversity, they are like a breeze of fresh air. Why do you want to kill them? Of course from time to time it turns out to be too good and some inventions break the game balance. They need to be nerfed. They have their 15 minutes of fame and be gone. But why kill something as underrepresented as the Slayer and their lasting leech?

Isn't POE's one of the defining unique characteristics that it enables players to go creative, to combine gems and tree nodes as they wish... and to find creative new solutions with unique interactions? I thought POE was offering more than just a pseudo freedom to chose from a couple of spells and attacks.

We believed it once, make us believe it again! ;)

May I suggest a quick adjustment to this nerf:

I have no idea about the balance of the Ascendant-slayer but a quick and safe solution would be just to make the Slayer class itself ignore these limits... or at least the Endless Hunger node's overleech should ignore these limits. As simple an adjustment as this would save the already underrepresented Slayer class from being killed by this nerf.

Thanks for listening, GGG!
Dear GGG, is you force me to use handcasting spells I will uninstal PoE faster then 1 min. And forget it forever.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Spells
...A small number of spells that we consider too powerful for their ease of use, like Brands, Winter Orb and Blade Vortex have had their damage lowered. We'll be revealing the full list of changes in the patch notes.

I didn't even have time to play this new skills.

They introduced some kind of shits for the Champion: 'Shattering Steel' and 'Lancing Steel',
I (and everyone else) killed time - 2/3 of the league on this shits.
Themselves GGG didn't test this shits on crap players damage. Only gloom.
After this shits (steal our time), didn't want to play the league content.

Now those who played this skills are going to start with new skills tested in the league: the Winter Orb and Brands. And now you NERF this? I'm sick of what you do GGG.
RIP my three ideas for starter builds. It seems that TS will be safest option again. Ugh.
"
Ecdubs wrote:
why 90% and not 95% to be consistent with other hard caps

more shit to explain to new players i guess
To be consistent with the existing 90% physical damage reduction cap?. The only thing that can increase it to 100% is immunity, like Immortal Call.

"
Talamoe wrote:
"
Player Maximum Resistances now can never go above 90% - R.i.p CI

as far as i am concerned chaos res does not count as elemental resistance :p
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Player Maximum Resistances now can never go above 90%. Any maximum resistance you have above this value will have no effect.
At what point does it say "elemental"?

But that still has nothing to do with the immunity of CI, just like the physical reduction cap and Immortal Call.

"
keeperofstars wrote:
spell focus - the spell shifts from AOE increase to a powerful damage multiplier as you repeatedly cast.
Since BV isn't a channel it's a cast. spell focus is adding a more damage mod, and when you first start casting it's adding AOE. So you are going to get free AOE and a more mod from the support. BV is getting a huge boost in damage unless they nerf it to zero damage, and then it will still be good.
The Spell Focus Support might only work on spells that target an area, like Spell Cascade does now. We don't know the specifics yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info