[3.6] L0RDIE's Ranged cast on crit Chaos (Toxic Rain w/ CoC Essence Drain/Contagion)

15+ tries on fossils crafting, but not get the +1 gem and 20 COC prefix combo, as per Lordie said, it is better to try crafting on your own only at end games.
Last edited by furaoing on Apr 14, 2019, 10:59:07 AM
"
L0RDIE wrote:
Re: hardcore, stats get a bit tight. You need to balance defenses with crit chance, attack speed, damage, accuracy. Most "safe" hardcore builds don't need to aim for this many stats, but I don't think it is impossible either.

Re: bow - yeah, the crafting is not a sure thing. I hope I didn't give that impression. The mods have different odds, and even though you only need 2 out of 7 possible prefixes, the odds still aren't easy. It is only "easy" by the standards of end-game crafting.

But you can pick up a cast on crit bow with a crit base for 1-10c, the only thing you are losing is one extra level for your gems. It is a fair bit of damage, but it isn't the end of the world. You can easily get to end-game with a bow like this.

If it was me, I would get a cheap base with crit implicit, lvl 20 CoC, attack speed and crit chance, and craft on chaos multi until you have the currency to craft on +2 supports. The real challenge for me is usually 6-linking anyway!

Even if you can't ever hit the combo of the two prefixes, you can always aim for your endgame bow to be a multimod with +2 supports and chaos multi. It isn't as good, but it isn't bad either. This is easily achievable/not RNG based.

I just did a simulation using POECraftingShenanigans (https://github.com/Gloorf/POECraftingShenanigans).

The odds of hitting both prefixes (+1 gem and lvl 18 or lvl 20 CoC) is 0.0246, around 40.6 trial per succeed.

The average crafting cost per success is 102 Chaos.
(powerful chaotic resonator = 1 alchemy, jagged fossil = 1 alchemy, metallic fossil = 1 chaos, corroded fossil = 1 alchemy)

Raw data as follows:

+1 Gem and lvl 18 CoC

+1 Gem and lvl 20 CoC

Trial per succed and average crafting material cost calculation:

(Python Script)

t1t1 = 1237/100000
t1t2 = 1206/100000

print("+1 Gem and lvl 20 CoC Odds: %s" % t1t1)
print("+1 Gem and lvl 18 CoC Odds: %s" % t1t2)

total_probability = t1t2 + t1t1
average_craft_trail_to_succeed = 1/total_probability
avg_cost_per_cratf_trail = 1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5
avg_cost_per_succeed = average_craft_trail_to_succeed * avg_cost_per_cratf_trail

print("\n")
print("Average Craft Trail To Succeed on Hit Both prefixes: %s" % average_craft_trail_to_succeed)
print("Average Cost Per Succeed Crafting: %s Chaos" % avg_cost_per_succeed)

(Python Script Running Result)

+1 Gem and lvl 20 CoC Odds: 0.01237
+1 Gem and lvl 18 CoC Odds: 0.01206

Average Craft Trail To Succeed on Hit Both prefixes: 40.93327875562832
Average Cost Per Succeed Crafting: 102.3331968890708 Chaos

Last edited by furaoing on Apr 14, 2019, 11:24:44 AM
Hey,

I have a bow that has: lv 18 coc, 26% crit/50% on crit,
pierce 2 more characters and 26% psn dmg. 8,65% Base crit.

Do you think i can make a poison build out of yours?

Would also be a way of getting power charges(10% chance on psn mobs) with Fenumur helm.

Just dont know if this wil add dps or lower it.

Thanks!
Last edited by Grotebozebeer on May 17, 2019, 10:54:28 AM
cool build rip no update for 3.7

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info