[3.6] L0RDIE's Ranged cast on crit Chaos (Toxic Rain w/ CoC Essence Drain/Contagion)

I haven't quite got there yet, but it easily killed shaper in 3.5 and the damage is much higher after the buffs.
Is there a problem with the PoB? I only see 49/123 points invested
Hi,

Love the idea of your build, so I switch from Bane/Soulrend to this.

Got to be honest with you, I'm a little confused as to why my guy sucks! :P

I would imagine it is because I am missing the +2 to socketed support gems on bow?

Just hoping someone will take a look at my char MolestyKoala and let me know why he sucks so bad compared to when he was bane/soulrend. Almost no monster survived longer than a second or two, but now I am really suffering to get kills..
"
JustRubes wrote:
Hi,

Love the idea of your build, so I switch from Bane/Soulrend to this.

Got to be honest with you, I'm a little confused as to why my guy sucks! :P

I would imagine it is because I am missing the +2 to socketed support gems on bow?

Just hoping someone will take a look at my char MolestyKoala and let me know why he sucks so bad compared to when he was bane/soulrend. Almost no monster survived longer than a second or two, but now I am really suffering to get kills..

I haven't played bane/soulrend, but since they are the meta skills I'm assuming they are pretty strong. That said, this build can melt bad mod t16s no problems, so something isn't right.

I'm a bit unsure about your char too though. What are you feeling, is it that you aren't getting spells off often enough? If you are in mid to high tier maps already, you need to get contagion and essence drain on the packs or they won't melt, and your crit rate is only 45%, and effective crit is 37%.

Options are:
1) swap weave the arcane for swift killer, or get another source of power charges.
2) swap swift affliction for increased critical strikes (with the aim to put efficacy in that slot down the track).
3) +% crit to attacks body armour
4) you need to use a blessed orb on your bow - 33% implicit crit vs 50% makes a fair difference.

I find anything below 60% base crit feels a bit bad, and below 50% is janky. I have been running around 70% base crit, feels good. If you do all of the above except for the body armour, you will have 85% crit with a diamond flask.

You definitely don't need the +2 supports craft to make it work. Damage is lowish, but I am currently clearing t15s with a similar amount of damage. That said, if you can get the craft and boost your empower to lvl 3 or 4 your damage will skyrocket (over double, if you max out your gems you can almost triple your damage).

Also, get a wither totem for bosses. Not sure what you are using blight for, channelling doesn't really suit the build, but vaal blight can boost your dps on bosses.
Last edited by L0RDIE on Mar 23, 2019, 6:42:04 PM
hi, can u post the entire pob? tyvm loving the build
Unfortunately I am running an occultist this league and don't have an up to date trickster.

My occultist (unfinished) is here: https://pastebin.com/ezk2gKXS

Here is a Trickster, but bear in mind I am not playing this right now. I think this is roughly how I would build it though (gear could be improved a lot, especially could get more life).

https://pastebin.com/KXuMFxmB

You have a choice to come to the big life wheel from the top, meaning you can take MoM and another jewel socket, or from the bottom, giving you attack speed from Harrier and some evasion. Both directions have skill duration nodes nearby.

I've updated the PoBs in the OP as well.
Last edited by L0RDIE on Mar 23, 2019, 6:36:56 PM
tyvm, i'm enjoying the build
Is there anyone trying this on hardcore? Playstyle looks really fun, but i'm afraid that it would be too squishy on hardcore. Any advices for it?
Just a heads up for anyone trying to craft the bow with fossils as described by L0RDIE. I have 20 tries now, and I am yet to hit the combo of prefixes. I am not sure what the odds are, but it is not as easy as i thought..
Re: hardcore, stats get a bit tight. You need to balance defenses with crit chance, attack speed, damage, accuracy. Most "safe" hardcore builds don't need to aim for this many stats, but I don't think it is impossible either.

Re: bow - yeah, the crafting is not a sure thing. I hope I didn't give that impression. The mods have different odds, and even though you only need 2 out of 7 possible prefixes, the odds still aren't easy. It is only "easy" by the standards of end-game crafting.

But you can pick up a cast on crit bow with a crit base for 1-10c, the only thing you are losing is one extra level for your gems. It is a fair bit of damage, but it isn't the end of the world. You can easily get to end-game with a bow like this.

If it was me, I would get a cheap base with crit implicit, lvl 20 CoC, attack speed and crit chance, and craft on chaos multi until you have the currency to craft on +2 supports. The real challenge for me is usually 6-linking anyway!

Even if you can't ever hit the combo of the two prefixes, you can always aim for your endgame bow to be a multimod with +2 supports and chaos multi. It isn't as good, but it isn't bad either. This is easily achievable/not RNG based.
Last edited by L0RDIE on Apr 4, 2019, 12:49:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info