My Advice To You

=^[.]^= =~[.]^=

Yeah I've done lots of research on keto. Just to clear something up, I initially lost the weight on a low fat, low calorie diet. I've never used keto for weight loss. I've used it in order to keep my insulin down! This is the diet for managing insulin problems. And all those carbs and sweets I used to eat have wrecked my liver and metabolism. So Charan mentioned the vitamins and stuff... well there are two kinds of keto. The pop keto and the real keto. Pop keto says eat cheese and bacon all day long. Real keto says eat SOME cheese and bacon, but then eat a gigantic salad and fast. Roughly. The real keto couples insulin management with feeding your liver the vitamins and minerals it needs in order to maintain your metabolism. Anywho...

One of the fun things about keto is that you discover all these new recipes for things that never existed in your life before.

Like, right now baked avocado bacon is genuinely one of my favorite foods ever. Even if I wasn't doing keto it tastes so fucking delicious. It only takes 10 minutes okay guys here's the ingredients in order to have yourself a really good time. I mean this shit is better than Litter Caesar's pepperoni bread:

Bacon Avocado

2 avocado
3 strips of bacon
garlic powder
pink himalayan salt
black pepper

Peel and halve the avocados and place them alongside bacon on a sheet of foil or baking pan or whatever. Then season them. Put them in the oven for 10 minutes at 420 degrees.

The secret is to allow the bacon grease to infiltrate the avocado. Any left over grease is sort of a seasoning dip for said avocado as well. To eat, you take a small bite of bacon (a little bit goes a long way) and then a nice big chunk outta dat 'cado boi!!

You won't even miss having breaded sandwiches because avocado is its own starch/butter/cheese - it's weird how many niches it can satisfy depending on how you season it. Of course you could still add cheese to it for some pseudo cheese on cheese but I try to avoid casein until they figure out whether its actually dangerous or not. I still eat some cheese though for my eggs.

--
--

Keto Frosted Flakes

Unsweetened coconut flakes
Chie Seeds
Chopped macadamia nuts
Chopped walnuts
Monkfruit sweetener
Vanilla unsweetened almond milk
Heavy cream

Just mix that up. And tell me that you would ever choose Frosted Flakes over dat. You can add dark chocolate, peanut butter, or cinnamon for flavor just know that chocolate and peanut butter are going to cost you more carbs.

Not a bad thread.

What people don't know is that the "total carbohydrates" you see on the nutritional label consists of fiber, sugar and starch. Starch are chains of glucose molecules. Glucose molecules are a type of sugar.

It's the starch that is getting people fat/obese. Eating 2 packs of noodles could be like >200 grams of starch. That is a lot of glucose molecules that your body doesn't need b/c you likely aren't that active. So you store it.

Lots of people check the nutritional labels and look for "sugars". And this is their criterion for whether the food is healthy or not. But it's actually more useful to subtract the "sugars" and "fibers" from the "total carbohydrates" to figure out the amount of "starch".

One serving of a product could be listed as having 10 grams of sugar. So you might think that's a low amount of sugar and you'll be losing weight by consuming one serving of the product. But what people don't know is that that same one serving of product could also consist of like 70 grams of starch. 10 grams of sugar + 70 grams of starch is a lot of grams of sugar.

Basically you need to pay attention/limit how much noodles/bread/rice you eat a day. You could also cut out starch completely and just get your sugar from fruits, milk. But it's hard and your body is constantly hungry. Glycogen stores will deplete. Brain might not function 100% either. Feel confused a lot.

Most people don't know how to read a nutritional fact label. They also don't know what starch is. Nor do they think starch is important b/c it's not openly listed on the nutrtional labels. It amazes me federal regulations leave it up to the consumer to figure out the total amount of starch in their products. Definitely the influence of industry.
Last edited by coatofarms on Feb 21, 2019, 7:34:46 PM
Yes, they've been poisoning us. And the wickedness of this trap lies within the fact that healthy food costs 2-3x much as the unhealthy stuff. Which means that the very same people getting sick from eating these foods are the ones without the means to pay for the doctor bills that they are going to accrue from being sick.

Anyway the point of keto diet is to intentionally deplete your sugar stores so the body will be forced to consume its own fat. Also, the 'realest' keto diet involves eating tons of salad AND fasting for 16, 24, 36, or even more hours at a time. And I'm telling you, as long as you're doing it right - fasting becomes easy. You'll never get hungry. And your muscles will become harder.

It's a big change but when you get used to it - it's easy. Like tomorrow I only eat once; it's gonna be 2 avocados + 4 strips of bacon and about 7 cups of baked kale chips. I won't be hungry so the entire meal will just feel like extra shit.
"
BearCares wrote:
Yes, they've been poisoning us. And the wickedness of this trap lies within the fact that healthy food costs 2-3x much as the unhealthy stuff. Which means that the very same people getting sick from eating these foods are the ones without the means to pay for the doctor bills that they are going to accrue from being sick.

Anyway the point of keto diet is to intentionally deplete your sugar stores so the body will be forced to consume its own fat. Also, the 'realest' keto diet involves eating tons of salad AND fasting for 16, 24, 36, or even more hours at a time. And I'm telling you, as long as you're doing it right - fasting becomes easy. You'll never get hungry. And your muscles will become harder.

It's a big change but when you get used to it - it's easy. Like tomorrow I only eat once; it's gonna be 2 avocados + 4 strips of bacon and about 7 cups of baked kale chips. I won't be hungry so the entire meal will just feel like extra shit.

Sounds like what you are doing is working for you and that you're happier now. I'm happy for you.

If you keep this up for months if not a couple years, you might end up a little bored. I know I got bored. In case you haven't discovered it yet, yogurt is a good alternative healthy food too. The greek yogurts can get you something like 24-36 grams protein, 0-12 grams of sugar per serving. Where I am at, there is a large variety of yogurts in the stores.

Good luck and keep experimenting what works/doesn't work for your body!
Last edited by coatofarms on Feb 23, 2019, 6:18:23 PM
Ah thanks. But actually, for me, the more I learn about keto, the more delicious foods that I discover. For example, I just started making my own kale chips and dude... they are better than potato chips and they melt in your mouth like popcorn. They are pretty much the ultimate snack. You really can't tell they are healthy whatsoever.

Also chie seeds and almondn milk are like... MY JAM now. And I don't mean preservatives.

The problem with avocado is that you can't use the grocery store's online ordering service cuz those jack asses will pick the worst ones and shove them into your bags.

The only real problem with keto is that it's actually pretty complicated because... when you never get hungry, you're constantly making plans to eat and not to eat based on an algorithm and it feels unnatural. But, I have no choice but to do what I can to keep the insulin low.
Sorry Bear but i think you're fibbing here. It was soda products that destroyed your body not caesar. I'll have a soda every once in a while these days. Shit is so harmful for you if you have them often.
Last edited by HappyRogue on Feb 26, 2019, 4:15:27 AM
"
HappyRogue wrote:
Sorry Bear but i think you're fibbing here. It was soda products that destroyed your body not caesar. I'll have a soda every once in a while these days. Shit is so harmful for you.

It was both. Even though I was drinking 90% water at the time. If I went out, then sure I'd get a fruit punch or a sprite with my burger or my pizza or whatever. But in case you didn't know, refined carbs turn to sugar very quickly after consumption so basically they both have the same effect on your insulin.

Or I could have just been a smartass and said. "Dayum you caught me. This whole thread was a front to smear Lil Caesar's good name in order to lower their stock value so I could become the majority share holder and get rich! And I woulda gotten away with it too..."
Gotta say this cuz, as I mentioned in another thread that you prob missed pfft, I wrecked my health and metabolism by poisoning my liver with carbs and sweets over the years. Some people call it nonalcoholic fatty liver disaease or NAFLD. One of the complications can be arthiritis. And I've had a severe case of that for the past 5 months that caused me to not really be able to walk without a cane.

In other words I'm not mentioning this shit out of vanity I'm mentioning this shit because I'm sitting here and my feet never stop hurting and so I'm evangelizing the end of the traditional american diet thank you very much.

Anywho - the past 3-4 days the pain is only half of what it usually is. So that's good. (Don't end up like me.)

But I discovered a recipe for making relatively whole food chocolate bars for myself tonight. Maybe you can snack on these instead of the processed food sometime, yeah?

the measurements are all to taste. It shouldn't really matter just put in whatever seems to make sense ;)

100% pure Cacoa powder(not to be confused with cocoa)
organic chie seeds
almond milk
a pinch of pink himalayan salt
cream cheese
(optional sweetener)

Just mix it all together and depending on whether you want fudge or a candy bar either put a lot of milk or a little bit - either put it in the fridge or the freezer. Then eat it. Done. I eat mine without sweetener for a nice bitter treat. Taste great with macadamia, almond, walnuts or whatever.

I should be a chef: I just came up with ANOTHER recipe! And this one turned out way better than I thought it would.

Mexican Tuna Zoodles:

4 cups Zucchini noodles
3 oz canned tuna
2 chopped mushrooms of choice
3 tablespoons organic salsa
mexican mix cheese
black pepper
cayenne pepper

preheat oven to 420 degrees and cook for 15 minutes

tastes so fookin' good too bad tuna has so much mercury you can only eat like 1 or these per week pfft

Last edited by BearCares on Mar 14, 2019, 3:25:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info