[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

About to start this build, couple of quick questions?

Coming Calamity for chest for reduced herald costs?

If we get a 6L bow with a 30% reduction to herald cost can you add ele damage or something? Lose the 4lvl Enlighten? Seems we can squeeze some more dps out somehow, though I haven't tested it yet....
Also a little question that I'm always struggling with.
At what point does one swap out the tempest for doomfletch while leveling?
It's just so hard to tell since tooltip isn't a indicator for this build and so on.
"
Chridian wrote:
Also a little question that I'm always struggling with.
At what point does one swap out the tempest for doomfletch while leveling?
It's just so hard to tell since tooltip isn't a indicator for this build and so on.

Once you can use both the Doomfletch Prism and the Shroud of Lightless together then go ahead and switch over.
I Didn't even level with Tempest. Doomfletch itself is op enough lol. Died 0times until maps. Was wearing goldin,doomfletch,bereks grip and a random phys dmg quiver while lvling. Worked out really well.
"
About to start this build, couple of quick questions?

If we get a 6L bow with a 30% reduction to herald cost can you add ele damage or something? Lose the 4lvl Enlighten? Seems we can squeeze some more dps out somehow, though I haven't tested it yet....

No. Just - ugh. Too much to explain here why that doesn't work. I like that you try to think for yourself and enjoy the game - but no. This is not how this works or functions and do not do that.

Just follow the guide? ^^'
"
Huh it doesn't reduce herald cost it ups it from 25% to 45%. Only use of it I ever saw was herald of agony minion builds where HOA has so many support links it grows to reserve all your mana. So then cutting it to 45% is actually a gain.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Fixed the one pob link. Thank you!

Depending on your gear and where you are at dps wise you might value that differently. Again - this is subjective on where you are gear-wise. Same goes for the Acuity nodes btw. I always encourage people to path their own tree - with the way Accuracy works the best pathing might be different depending on gear - and I to be quite honest I will not spend hours updating this buildguide with every patch for some minor % gains due to some changes on the passive tree.
Bigger things I take into account or remark on, sure. But please be considerate when you expect me to make minute adjustments to every guide/character I make. I do not really have that much time available. :)

If you lack damage/accuracy go for Master Fletcher, sure. Or try the Lionseye jewel and go for the claw nodes etc. There are multiple ways for bow builds to path on the tree. I choose this one since it gives a lot life and survivability - especially for a bow build - and damage after a certain point (after 1Mio+ in my experience) doesn't really add a lot. :)

I am so sorry if my comment seemed I found your guide lacking or was expecting more from you, I was trying to understand the utility side of things as that was something your guide and most of the best ones make clear, and I somehow didn't realize those nodes allowed endurance charge generation. DPS is only a number at a certain point while things like generating endurance charges is far better. I was simply getting confused with the differing trees, and the fact that at one point in the guide you say to take infused channeling over crit, and in another part we use damage on full life, which I'm not sure on myself since we have only 5 links and 3 of them are taken. Have your personal preferences as of 3.8 gem-wise changed?

I have a busy life too and am enjoying your build very much (it's nice to just vaal orb and go), and found it very honest without number inflation. It did take a fair bit of attack speed and levels for scourge arrow to feel smooth for me, but it's seriously grown on me now. Thanks for the guide!

Ps: I'm an idiot and sold a lioneye's fall on day 1 for 20c so I could get my bow early, rofl. REGRETS.
Last edited by Xenithos on Sep 14, 2019, 2:35:26 AM
"
Xenithos wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Fixed the one pob link. Thank you!

Depending on your gear and where you are at dps wise you might value that differently. Again - this is subjective on where you are gear-wise. Same goes for the Acuity nodes btw. I always encourage people to path their own tree - with the way Accuracy works the best pathing might be different depending on gear - and I to be quite honest I will not spend hours updating this buildguide with every patch for some minor % gains due to some changes on the passive tree.
Bigger things I take into account or remark on, sure. But please be considerate when you expect me to make minute adjustments to every guide/character I make. I do not really have that much time available. :)

If you lack damage/accuracy go for Master Fletcher, sure. Or try the Lionseye jewel and go for the claw nodes etc. There are multiple ways for bow builds to path on the tree. I choose this one since it gives a lot life and survivability - especially for a bow build - and damage after a certain point (after 1Mio+ in my experience) doesn't really add a lot. :)

I am so sorry if my comment seemed I found your guide lacking or was expecting more from you, I was trying to understand the utility side of things as that was something your guide and most of the best ones make clear, and I somehow didn't realize those nodes allowed endurance charge generation. DPS is only a number at a certain point while things like generating endurance charges is far better. I was simply getting confused with the differing trees, and the fact that at one point in the guide you say to take infused channeling over crit, and in another part we use damage on full life, which I'm not sure on myself since we have only 5 links and 3 of them are taken. Have your personal preferences as of 3.8 gem-wise changed?

I have a busy life too and am enjoying your build very much (it's nice to just vaal orb and go), and found it very honest without number inflation. It did take a fair bit of attack speed and levels for scourge arrow to feel smooth for me, but it's seriously grown on me now. Thanks for the guide!

Ps: I'm an idiot and sold a lioneye's fall on day 1 for 20c so I could get my bow early, rofl. REGRETS.

Sure, no worries.

Just check your own pob and decide what you wanna run. Elemental Focus disables Ailments. I have no clue if you want to run that or not. For me it depends on what content I am doing. Freezing and shattering mobs is really useful in delves where there are a lot of 'on death/corpse' effects.

If you just run normal maps and bosses and stuff propably use something like this?

This is all mentioned in the guide btw - why there are support gems etc.

I would really encourage you to read what the supports are doing if you are unsure or what their drawbacks are. I could just tell you to run something but that would be an uninformed decision. All the gems work and work well though - if you are still unsure chuck in whatever you have the colours for.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 14, 2019, 6:29:44 AM
Reading the gem section it seems you use ROA but then looking at the passive tree it seems you use SA. which are you running currently?
"
nichenry wrote:
Reading the gem section it seems you use ROA but then looking at the passive tree it seems you use SA. which are you running currently?

Reading the guide you will notice that you can play whatever - the build works with each skill. I think the videosection even shows the t16 elder guardians with RoA and the t16 shaper guardians with SA. (or vice versa)

This is a versatile bow build with which you can basically play whatever bow attack skill you want (as long as its an phys based one).

€dit: Scratch that - even the gem section mentions that you can use a bowskill of your choice. What are you even talking about? Ô.o
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 14, 2019, 1:38:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info