[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
What other popular builds out there uses the shroud?
According to poe.ninja, icicle mine saboteur...
Looking good for now, stuck at tier 7 maps thanks to shitty drops but eh. The build wrecks Blights and I love it lol. 3,7k life but going up.
Still missing some life nodes on the tree and im 74 anyway. Also my belt is trash.

"
NameMerken wrote:
Looking good for now, stuck at tier 7 maps thanks to shitty drops but eh. The build wrecks Blights and I love it lol. 3,7k life but going up.
Still missing some life nodes on the tree and im 74 anyway. Also my belt is trash.

Is it going to be hard for you to get your life above something comfortable like let's say, around 5-6k?
I've only just now started leveling this build myself you see.
"
Chridian wrote:

Is it going to be hard for you to get your life above something comfortable like let's say, around 5-6k?
I've only just now started leveling this build myself you see.

No I wouldn't say hard. It has been one day and I'm already at 4,5k now at lvl82. Now it's just a matter of time getting more abyssal jewel sockets and abyssal jewels with t1 life roll, when I have that I'll be probably around 5.5k or something. Still no uberlab too, so missing 2 skillpoints. Unnatural instinct is also a small life boost.
ah yes quite right.
I was thinking, it's expensive to get all t1 rolls on the jewels we want at the start (for me anyhow) so unless I'm lucky, I would probably prio a higher life roll and perhaps a lower damage roll to start off with.
Best of luck on uber lab!
"
Chridian wrote:
ah yes quite right.
I was thinking, it's expensive to get all t1 rolls on the jewels we want at the start (for me anyhow) so unless I'm lucky, I would probably prio a higher life roll and perhaps a lower damage roll to start off with.

Don't forget to buy high level searching eye abyss jewels and alt-spam them. Even if you just hit t1 life with one phys roll it might very well be better then most things you can buy for expensive on the market. Take whatever the regal gives you. Only much later on when you farm endgame you can go crazy and invest a lot into perfect jewels.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:
ah yes quite right.

Don't forget to buy high level searching eye abyss jewels and alt-spam them. Even if you just hit t1 life with one phys roll it might very well be better then most things you can buy for expensive on the market. Take whatever the regal gives you. Only much later on when you farm endgame you can go crazy and invest a lot into perfect jewels.

Yeah that was what I was planning to do, just get something usable and with high life, and later if and when I try to min-max the character I'll try to get really good jewels.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

This is absolutely right though I've somewhat learned this the hard way. Also, that shroud is really important guys, try to get it as a tabby is only so good.

I'm seeing a few small discrepancies on the build guide as of 3.8. For instance, there are 3 PoB links all for 3.7, and two of them are the same while the other is different. and the tree is slightly different from one of them that also has higher damage but took King of the Hill instead of the other arrow nodes...

The PoBs in this guide:
3.7 PoB: "https://pastebin.com/SzJ1yY36"

"Some small changes to the Tree with 3.7 you can take a look at here in the PoB:

Spoiler
"https://pastebin.com/YQmcb09A"

The one that I was following was originally the tree one, but it takes master fletcher instead of King of the Hill.

Also, are the channeling nodes actually good for us to take over say the other half of the bow cluster we already dip into? Also, is the pathing through finesse into eagle the best for us as well?

Just asking to make sure I'm on track and understanding what the best utility is here.
Edit: I'm also not sure on the gems as I'm seeing different things as I read. Not sure if I should be taking damage on full life, crit, or infused channeling as the most important gems after scourge, and elemental damage with attacks and mirage archer.
Last edited by Xenithos on Sep 12, 2019, 7:03:10 PM
What pantheon souls are you guys running? I've been leveling both SA and ROA but been using Lunaris and Shakari. Im thinking invlun to poison will be nice and mvspeed/damage mitigation from lunaris is nice but it seems bosses are more of an issue than groups so I'm thinking maybe solaris would be better
"
Xenithos wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

This is absolutely right though I've somewhat learned this the hard way. Also, that shroud is really important guys, try to get it as a tabby is only so good.

I'm seeing a few small discrepancies on the build guide as of 3.8. For instance, there are 3 PoB links all for 3.7, and two of them are the same while the other is different. and the tree is slightly different from one of them that also has higher damage but took King of the Hill instead of the other arrow nodes...

The PoBs in this guide:
3.7 PoB: "https://pastebin.com/SzJ1yY36"

"Some small changes to the Tree with 3.7 you can take a look at here in the PoB:

Spoiler
"https://pastebin.com/YQmcb09A"

The one that I was following was originally the tree one, but it takes master fletcher instead of King of the Hill.

Also, are the channeling nodes actually good for us to take over say the other half of the bow cluster we already dip into? Also, is the pathing through finesse into eagle the best for us as well?

Just asking to make sure I'm on track and understanding what the best utility is here.
Edit: I'm also not sure on the gems as I'm seeing different things as I read. Not sure if I should be taking damage on full life, crit, or infused channeling as the most important gems after scourge, and elemental damage with attacks and mirage archer.

Fixed the one pob link. Thank you!

The reason for King of the Hill vs Master Fletcher is the Accuracy.
If you are capped on accuracy (which tends to happen with the unnatural instinct) King of the Hill offers more DPS - if you are not, the Accurancy from Master Fletcher might make that pathing more valuable to you.

So it isn't really an easy answer of: 'that there is always better' - its an: thats better or more optimal given those circumstances.

About the channeling nodes: DPS wise the other part of the Bow tree might offer you more, yes. But getting endurance charges is IMO worth more then getting a bit more DPS when the DPS is stupid anyhow. This also obviously depends a bit on playstyle and other things.

Depending on your gear and where you are at dps wise you might value that differently. Again - this is subjective on where you are gear-wise. Same goes for the Acuity nodes btw. I always encourage people to path their own tree - with the way Accuracy works the best pathing might be different depending on gear - and I to be quite honest I will not spend hours updating this buildguide with every patch for some minor % gains due to some changes on the passive tree.
Bigger things I take into account or remark on, sure. But please be considerate when you expect me to make minute adjustments to every guide/character I make. I do not really have that much time available. :)

If you lack damage/accuracy go for Master Fletcher, sure. Or try the Lionseye jewel and go for the claw nodes etc. There are multiple ways for bow builds to path on the tree. I choose this one since it gives a lot life and survivability - especially for a bow build - and damage after a certain point (after 1Mio+ in my experience) doesn't really add a lot. :)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 13, 2019, 8:58:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info