[3.10] Winter Orb League Starter Build

"
JeansJoe wrote:
"
vaidaraul wrote:
With the 3.6 patch now published do you think that this build was hit in any way?
I am quite a newbie and it's the first time when i play from day 1 of a new league, so I want to start with this build.

yes it was "hit". But it's still viable.
Winter Orb had a slight damage nerf - not too serious tho. And the support gems might change.
I'll publish a leveling guide for this build in the 2nd post of this thread.
I expect it to be a little less powerful but still very good - especially as a starter build it can still carry you to at least red maps without big investments.

i ve done phoenix with winter orb with 3.3k HP 5L at betrayal ... EZ PZ game
Last edited by sK1LL3Rko on Mar 8, 2019, 11:44:40 AM
Thank you for your guide. I'm following it right now and it is kinda funny to play with. :D
Nice guide. Any particular reason for not picking up Ele Overload?
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
Pastebin EndGame?
"
Nice guide. Any particular reason for not picking up Ele Overload?

Yes, ele overload makes a different build. Crit Multi is useless with Ele Overload. Only Crit Strike chance counts for it. So it basically makes your hits reliably 40% stronger. While crit strike + crit multi makes your hit unreliably average or crazy high.
I like crazy high crits every now and then. So that's why I don't use it. If you want to use it make sure to drop any nodes with crit multi on them.

"
ronimuriki wrote:
Pastebin EndGame?

I am undecided whether I should actually post one.
2 reasons:
1) My profile is public. Character Synthetic Witch is my current build for 3.6 with very specific gear. Easy to import into PoB
2) I hate cookiecut build that cost 200ex. PoB makes those builds. I don't craft theoretical items in PoB because they are no use to me. I use actual items I found this league. I can see no use for a PoB other than e-peen comparing with other builds. The information is in the guide.
I currently melt red elder. If you halfways know how the fight works you'll have no problem doing him with it. Same for shaper and elder guardians.
UberElder is a bit mew. It can be done but you need to know what you are doing - just like on any other build.
So what I am saying - I have a very good experience with the actual gear that I have. It's obtainable if you farm it yourself and maybe invest 3-4ex. If you want to buy everything its probably 10ex. But it does not require items that cost 40ex each. I don't see a point in doing such a build. that's why I don't need a pob. I'd just import my current gear and publish it as is.
Yo, awesome build, I'm using it right now and loving it. But I have question, if I ever get enough currency or it just drops: is The Eternity Shroud good chest for this build or Inpulsa is better? And I would be very grateful if you can tell me what should I upgrade now, I was thinking about my wand, but with cast speed it has, it's hard for me to find something much better DPS wise (in PoB) and still not costing more than 1 ex.
Last edited by Gravewaker on Apr 15, 2019, 3:14:15 AM
"
Gravewaker wrote:
Yo, awesome build, I'm using it right now and loving it. But I have question, if I ever get enough currency or it just drops: is The Eternity Shroud good chest for this build or Inpulsa is better? And I would be very grateful if you can tell me what should I upgrade now, I was thinking about my wand, but with cast speed it has, it's hard for me to find something much better DPS wise (in PoB) and still not costing more than 1 ex.

Carcass Jack is an affordable and very good chestpiece. I recommend it for starters. Since both inpulsa and Shroud are just minor upgrades I recommend upgrading those last.
If you have decent wands / scepters or a shield setup under 1 ex for each item I recommend getting the Mark of the Shaper Ring and a craftable elder ring for the 2nd slot. Two-Stone rings above iLvl 82 are best but also pricy. Sometimes you can snapshot a decent life rolled corrupted ring for a few dozen chaos before buying a ring that you craft warlords mark on.
After the rings:
you want to upgrade your amulet. Either of the unique options are fine - I hardly recognized any difference apart from having more trouble to balance resistances with a double curse setup. A really good rare shaper or elder base might do it as well.
And then you can buy an inpulsa if you feel you need it. The Heralds kind of do the same thing but there you go.
And last but not least you can buy a helmet enchant. but these are really pricy so bring your spending pants with the big pockets.

Rare Gloves, Boots, Helmet w/o enchant are "normal" priced. They can go from 10c to 1ex depending on the rolls. Even 2 or 3ex for really nice rolls. Upgrade them as you feel necessary. But since they are only there to balance resistances and not damage it's on a need to invest basis and not on a "you have to invest at this point" basis.

For Weapons you kind of have to get into crafting rules a bit. You can often buy weapons with an open prefix that allows spelldamage on it. The official trading site - not poe.trade allows you to search for items with an open prefix. Then you just have to know what kind of rolls block another spell damage roll. I usually find my weapons myself and they are pretty good.
Investing into a craftable shaper scepter is an option but - in my experience you will find something equivalent until you make the currency to buy one / craft one. So adjust your item filters to show the bases that are worthwhile to your build and identify them. There is a point when neversink regular starts to fail you. No matter if you use semi-strict, strict or whatever. If you play a build 80% of the time it is worth picking up certain bases.
Cast speed is on the tree and on wands it's an added bonus but not too necessary. It only helps you channel the orb faster to 10 stacks - orb doesn't cast faster then. So of all the damage options you can get on a wand cast speed is one of the least efficient and more quality of life. Still - Personally I enjoy a little cast speed.

Hope that helped you!
Last edited by JeansJoe on Apr 16, 2019, 2:44:21 PM
Hi!

Support gems for WO.

Any priority?
I got a 5-link so I'm curius :) Thank you!
"
Nihkajyon wrote:

Support gems for WO.

Any priority?
I got a 5-link so I'm curius :) Thank you!

WO - GMP
are a must have. do not go LMP or anything else. Only in this combination you have a powerful Winter Orb,

Ice Bite is your Frenzy Charge generator. Which you use for Damage as well as for Phase run. This is a must have for yellow mapping and a maybe for white mapping. Highly recommended tho.

Efficacy gives damage and around 1 second more of Stack duration. Also highly recommended.

Controlled Destruction - no help with stack duration but higher damage

So you have:
1 - Winter Orb
2 - Greater Multiple Projectiles
3 - Ice Bite
4 - Efficacy OR Controlled Destruction
3 Blue 1 Green

To this you add 1 Red:
Cold > Fire Support:
You have to use Herald of Fire with it to make it more useful than say a Controlled Destruction. So tripple herald or do not use it.

Increased Duration Support:
Helps you keeping your stacks at 10. At 10 WO fires faster which means more damage. At a certain cast speed it is definitely more useful to use Cold>Fire. I recommend this one for "new players" that are maybe a little slower than a pro player at pushing buttons. It eases you into the playstyle while also giving you more damage. When you close in on endgame gear with enough cast speed you should definitely drop it. but it has a lot of use to it.

Infused Channeling is a good option as well because it gives you some defenses and spell damage.

So as a 5th gem you want:
Pure Damage: Controlled Destruction OR Cold > Fire
Damage + playstyle support: Efficacy or Infused Channeling
Pure playstyle support: Increased Duration

As a 6th gem you can use any of the above.

If you are using a coruppted 6L and you have 3 Green you use Cold Penetration
If you have 2 Red use IncDuration and Cold > Fire
If you use any corrupted 6L you NEED to have at least 1 blue 2 green.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ShoveMoneyDeeper/characters?characterName=SynthWOOcultist

Can anyone explain to me why my damage is just fucking beyond ridiculous with 2 void batteries?
What am I missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info