Being an adult sucks

All* men are created equal.

*not all men tho

The amount of cognitive dissonance that Jefferson, a bigly slave owner, must've had when he wrote that shit still blows my mind.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I wanted to type something but then I realized that many eons have passed and I_NO is indeed probably an adult these days, bloody hell.

You just wait girl, I tell you, if being an adult sucks, being a double adult sucks even more. I can't fucking wait until retirement.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Responsibility just means you are held accountable for your actions.

So i find it weird people equate it to adulthood, like a child does not have to account for his actions.

As far as i am aware actions, or the lack of them, always produce results.

Is the natural implication that "responsible adults" foresee the impact of their actions and if so, wouldn't that just be hubris speaking.

The therm laplace's demon comes to mind.

I don't assume any one person is capable of taking actual responsibility since the chain of actions and consequences started prior to us being born and will continue long after we are gone.

So what does an adult make?

The attempt at responsibility armed with the wisdom you are incapable of doing so?

Trying certainly seems to be morally more virtuous then not and seems to impact social standing.
People generally seem to respond quite well to people trying their best even if nobody knows what this "best" actually reffers to.

It's an interesting topic given how frivolous the therm is used.

Is the action of a father "responsible behavior" when he does something that saves his own family but denies the survival of three other family's, maybe he needs to repent and punished(presumably by being killed by a higher instance?) before it count's as "responsible behavior"?

Aplogies, my mind wend off on a spin :)

I_NO shape your own life, being an adult doesn't suck. It only sucks if you don't get what you aim for which simply means to try harder so even that isn't all bad.(something else to do? yes please.)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

That's only the second definition. The first definition is:

"the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone."

That's what kids usually don't do, or they do it on a much smaller scale.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
John Grammaticus wrote:
You just wait girl, I tell you, if being an adult sucks, being a double adult sucks even more. I can't fucking wait until retirement.

For real! I spend about 10 hrs a day working on my business and it is NOT fun. But I want to have money so I CAN retire so ....
Censored.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

That's only the second definition. The first definition is:

"the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone."

That's what kids usually don't do, or they do it on a much smaller scale.

Yeah i understand that, i just find it all ambigous.

A duty? To whom? Your family, your country, work provider, yourself.

And in what order does one preceed the other?

I mean, we just come back to morality and the believe systems we relly on to even attempt and define these propperly.
And when we do, we equally judge people that deter from our moral/believe structure.

It's entirely possible to be viewed as responsible by some and irresponsible by others.

I can take myself as an example, i don't work so by some i am viewed as "irresponsible".

On the other hand we have a social system here and i actively don't take any of the benefits it offers me, so some tell me i am responsible because i don't take advantage of the situation even though i could.

And some others will call me a fool for not doing so aswell.

So many factors, so i'll defined, so easy to utilize as moral high-ground.

Peace,

-Boem-
Last edited by Boem on Jan 25, 2019, 3:53:00 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Yeah i understand that, i just find it all ambigous.

Yeah, well it is in the eye of the beholder. For example, some people call a responsible adult anyone that takes care of themselves and their immediate family. Others anyone that is not in jail or some trouble.

We have people in this very forum that consider people like me, that are business owners, work hard, support their family, give to charities, as irresponsible. While they themselves do nothing all day except play vid games.

Go figure. Like I say, in the eye of the beholder.
Censored.
"
Boem wrote:

Is the action of a father "responsible behavior" when he does something that saves his own family but denies the survival of three other family's, maybe he needs to repent and punished(presumably by being killed by a higher instance?) before it count's as "responsible behavior"?

Closer ones go first over unknown people. Being punished by others for saving your own family? No issue at all. It was a loss/loss situation then, people going on revenge if you choose to save your own means they are not worth saving at all in the first place. You prolongued your survival and they won't be able to punish your family since they weren't resposible for anything.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jan 25, 2019, 6:07:12 PM
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Closer ones go first over unknown people. Being punished by others for saving your own family? No issue at all. It was a loss/loss situation then, people going on revenge if you choose to save your own means they are not worth saving at all in the first place. You prolongued your survival and they won't be able to judge your family since they weren't resposible for anything.

It's a fair answer but misses my point.

Depending on social/cultural upbringing, inclination of character and age answers will vary.

Which makes the whole "i judge you responsible or not" meaningless.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

It's a fair answer but misses my point.

Depending on social/cultural upbringing, inclination of character and age answers will vary.

Which makes the whole "i judge you responsible or not" meaningless.

Peace,

-Boem-

Just watch some documentary about animals, parents are responsible for feeding and defending their children. Specially on mammals familiar ones and members of the pack go first.

That's a natural fact. Specially on species whose females can't give birth more than one or twice.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jan 25, 2019, 6:15:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info