[3.6] Arborix Voidfletcher ScourgeArrow / all content / videos / 3.6 guide fully updated

"
iPerSeus wrote:
Just a question , i like this build !
but what if i don't have the Currency to get the Bow/Quiver yet ?! ..

like can this build still be viable ? and can farm with it til get the required gear ?

using normal Scourge arrow setup , etc ! .. but with other cheap Unique / Rare til i get this ?! .. or i have to farm currency with another Char 1st cause this build not optimal without the required gear ?!

in the early league, I farmed currency with lioneye's glare and hyrri's ire using scourge arrow only. all other gear were dirty cheap things.

and I would recommend that you do not do that. the experience of playing scourge arrow build with and without the core three gears(bow, body armour and quiver) is so different.
"
premiumgrape wrote:
"
azuz22 wrote:
All in all, really enjoyable build. I'm still missing Unnatural instinct and a watchers, and need to do some work on my tree, but it all works out nicely. I also dropped Iron reflexes considering Arborix farshot etc is really great for mapping. Went with an Assa mark on hit ring with Mark of the Elder for some extra damage/crit chance. You can check some of the changes i made in my profile. It's in no way optimal but works for me. ^^ Also the build lacks a bit on the defensive side, so having a high hp pool is a must, since iron reflexes doesn't grant enough armor to warrant any defence against phys.

I was also balling with the idea of using the new ring for Herald of ice, to reduce mana reserve/increase cold dmg, and then add Arctic armor to the mix.

And i also noticed that i'm really jealous of your gear op. :D

my guildie also recommended me to drop iron reflexes node. so I tried it and it was amazing. 30% movement speed and attack speed feels really good for mapping.

as you said, the biggest weakness of this build is lack of defence and IR is unreliable in endgame bosses. since we're using acrobatics, I think it's only life pool that we can invest in defensive aspects. so I'm trying to avoid using gear that doesn't have flat life mod.

and haha, I was pretty lucky in this league, so I was able to get nice gear quickly XD

thanks for the feedback!

Without IR and (with) acrobatics, we should be around at ~50% evade and 54% dodge alone, not to mention a flat 40% spell dodge, so it SHOULD work, as long as the lifepool is above 5,5k (for fun things like Uelder etc, i could reliably make a few drunken mistakes on shaper with IR on, but i figured it's a lot more beneficial to run without IR, since you can nearly never be right next to the boss anyway, and arborix gains plenty more on the right times by being far away. Even just shooting randomly and letting mirage do the job works if someone is bad at working boss strats. But as i said, awesome build, will deff. finish my league with this one. :)

And as you mentioned above, Scourge is a horrible starter skill. I found that even toxic rain worked better despite the links. Use anything you find fitting until you can run a 5L at least, even then it is going to feel slow for mapping. I find myself with a 6L just doing 1-2 stack shots while mapping, and it easily clears the screen with the help of +2 proj from arbo and +2 from dying sun. (Without the voidcharges having the time to blow up), as in, i mostly just work the initial shots instead of the pods for mapping.
Last edited by azuz22 on Mar 22, 2019, 9:41:13 PM
hey im gona try this Build now looks intresting. Ím only 91 so what nods should i drop till i get higer lvl ? And we drop Iron reflexes? and after 95 go for life/deffens nods or dmg perf?
"
Bobrage wrote:
hey im gona try this Build now looks intresting. Ím only 91 so what nods should i drop till i get higer lvl ? And we drop Iron reflexes? and after 95 go for life/deffens nods or dmg perf?

some life node and empty jewel socket node will be ok to go later.

as azuz22 said, there are many benefits when you drop IR. but I didn't drop IR. the biggest reason I picked IR is that I wanted my character's movement speed to always be predictable. changing movement speed every 8 seconds has sometimes caused a dangerous situation, especially when it suddenly accelerated. but since this is just my personal opinion, I would recommend that you try both playing with IR and without IR.

after 95, I took another jewel socket node with two passive point.
Last edited by premiumgrape on Mar 27, 2019, 6:43:11 AM
"
premiumgrape wrote:
"
Bobrage wrote:

some life node and empty jewel socket node will be ok to go later.

as azuz22 said, there are many benefits when you drop IR. but I didn't drop IR. the biggest reason I picked IR is that I wanted my character's movement speed to always be predictable. changing movement speed every 8 seconds has sometimes caused a dangerous situation, especially when it suddenly accelerated. but since this is just my personal opinion, I would recommend that you try both playing with IR and without IR.

after 95, I took another jewel socket node with two passive point.

oki Thx. Lets try this out then
"
Soulferin0 wrote:
with the 3.6 changes you mentioned, is it still worth to stick to Scion instead of Ranger for example ?

I'm sorry to answer so late.
I just noticed what you wrote.

I still think scion is well worth it because scion is much easier to get enough life pool than other class. it's very difficult to reach this life pool while achieving the same level of damage as other class IMO.
Last edited by premiumgrape on Mar 27, 2019, 10:35:35 AM

Tested out the new HoI ring. It works nicely and improves the clear compared to the Mark of the Elder ring i was using with Assa mark ring

BUT, with the price being what it is right now (2-3ex), i'd say a Mark of the elder or even a rare ring would be better bang for the buck.
Last edited by azuz22 on Mar 27, 2019, 10:03:09 AM
"
azuz22 wrote:

Tested out the new HoI ring. It works nicely and improves the clear compared to the Mark of the Elder ring i was using with Assa mark ring

BUT, with the price being what it is right now (2-3ex), i'd say a Mark of the elder or even a rare ring would be better bang for the buck.

I didn't know that the ring had this potential. the HoI ring looks really good. I'd like to try it when I play another build XD
"
premiumgrape wrote:
"
azuz22 wrote:

I didn't know that the ring had this potential. the HoI ring looks really good. I'd like to try it when I play another build XD
Yeah, definitely not worth using with this build, but a 3 herald elementalist etc would absolutely love it. The pack shatter effect alone is a sight to behold.
Playing this build now got some of the gear running on 5l and 4l for barrage but il try to fix that and get +1 on rings and amulet when i can afford it but so far build is amazing.
And wanted to ask u what minor did u pick? and is it better to use a non corrupted quiver with Arrows Pierce an additional Target as an implicit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info