[3.8] Demi's Fastest Lemon: 190% Quantity Legacy MF Windripper Raider (ALL SKILLS + ALL CONTENT)

so im levelling my character with elemental hit as suggested in the guide , When should i move to Tornado shot??
"
What are you guys doing for damage @ around 55. Are you doing the toxic rain route then swapping over? I didn't want to waste regrets doing that. But now @ 55 Deodre took like 10min, it's probabyl the slowest leveling I have ever experience for any character, I have about 6 uniques relevent to the build.

I'm actually wondering this myself. Levelling with HoA felt cluncky as fuck, so I didn't try to get the poison nodes (and that probs a mistake from my part) and now I'm somewhat clearing decently with TS on a 4L but whenever I'm on a boss it's a nightmare (15 death and counting on Kitava act 5).
I hit a wall leveling this with act 5 Kitava.

Leveling with a friend to push thru to maps and start grinding gear.

Also really struggling for mana.
I am also having a hard time with dps, not terrible but its far from efficient. I am following the elemental hit leveling recommmendation but am finding it slowwwww.

When to switch to tornado shot? I have it and am leveling it.
Not sure what's up with this build. I've got a decked out headhunter TS ranger 2 seasons ago and roll everything. Problem is, i don't remember how to get there. I leveled up with Rain of Arrows and can't get rid of it since TS does not switch over well, at all. Dps is pathetic. Granted, I don't have all the opop jewels that this particular tree requires but ugh, this league start was damn painful.

Still leveling and just about to hit 75. For other's reference, I'm using a 6L RoA(tabby) with Lioneye's Glare and Hyrri's Bite. Rest of gear is standard life, res, and some dps mods.

Good luck all.
I have tried to level an MF Ranger a few times. I run into the same problem every time. Sub par DPS and no clear direction when to switch to using your AOE "grind ability". I really doubt Demi leveled this from ground level drops. He "turbo" charged his leveling process in standard more then likely. So he effectively by passed the "struggle" phase. I don't feel this is even remotely a league starter.

But as he mentions in his forum post. "you can make any build work". It just takes experience and trial and error.

I tried Tornado shot and it sucked badly. It took me like 5 mins of kiting to kill the Act IV boss. I had to switch back to using elemental hit. Which for me is about 2.5x more damage. And when using penetration and mirror image is fairly effective. I was cursing my lack luster speed a bit on my witch with ZiggyD's Frost Vortex build. And now I'm going back to it. It's way smoother and does not require any gear. Personally this is not a fault of anyone's but the game in general. Ranger's are just hard to level from league start if you don't know what your doing with the ranger spec. I love Demi's content and his videos are extremely entertaining. I just don't think he levels much of these "well established builds" anymore as league starters. Much <3 <3 Demi.
Ok so I decided to open my eyes and actually pay attention to the PoB and I switched to Toxic Rain and Herald of Agony, both on 4L. That took care of the mana issue for me, and speed clear as well. Going to try it on single target but it feels much smoother.
Herald of Agony build are solid. :) This one is solid for MF farming but you need the gear first. :)
It was a painful route but I finally managed to beat act 10 kitava. The problem is, there is no way I can complete any maps currently. I leveled using barrage/lightning arrow duo, which was okay except towards the end.

The question is, now what? I can barely farm 2 chaos every hour, how to make this work?
Last edited by Arakheo on Mar 10, 2019, 4:46:51 PM
To everyone having some struggles leveling - use elemental hit all the way through maps. Don't switch to tornado shot at all as it feels absolutely terrible. You need way more gear to to sustain any sort of decent FPS and the only way you'll get that gear is by grinding. Remember, this build is supposed to increase your item drops OVER TIME...can't just expect exalts to drop like nothing cause you have +100% MF.

Keep playing and stick with ele hit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info