0.9.7c Patch Notes

Chris,

Anyway that we could get auras to stay toggled on through instance changes? This isn't a game breaker or anything, but more of a convenience!

Chris,

I know that somekind of item change is coming soon so I'm giving my 3 cents here.

In terms of item balancing and time of item usability reducing the spread in TOP mods would actually prove to be better. I don't mean 50% cut per stat but now 0-400% enhaced base defense/energy shield/evasion on armor-type items seems to be overkill. Also I don't know what you got in mind about level scalling of items for future versions.

It will be bad for market if weapons / armors will be usable just for 5-10 levels. At last some part of the equipment (maybe rings and amulets) should be avaliable to be maxed or close maxed at lvl around 50. This could be balanced again by reducing the chance of appearing of mods on that items for instance rare items would have only 1/20 chance to apear with 6 mods. If all the best items will be avaliable in lvl 90+ high end game this will basically kill the market because most of the people won't even reach the chance to find something good enough to trade with top players. What would that change ? Actually it would force people to seek items not with just one powerful mod but items with 5-6 mods. Maybe reducing the mods on rares from 4-6 to 3-6 would be an option too. Improving usability of regals and exalts in same time.

Now it is very artifical there is no point in blowing 10 chaos into level 40 weapon because it's far more worse than level 50 one. The spread should be a lot more slower or somehow balanced so items with good mods (even if low level) could be usable for more than just few hours.

Also Item Quanitity/Rarity mods are way too strong, there should be some more hard (at last to understand) mechanic of farming be avaliable in game than just stacking pure IQ/IR. Not an party / leeching easy mode farm for sure :) And 50% Item Quantity bonus per person in party is too much (they already kill faster and co-op which gives them benefits) the bonus is too good for the effort in my opinion (Just 50% more hp for mobs is nuff for two persons to brake trough). Right now it's not so bad because game is much harder than most of people could stand (while the market is saturated with good items). But generally getting strong items is too easy in my opinion. In shorcut, Raw-power of character don't give as much benefit as full Item Quantity/Rarity character. I remember in d2 people were stacking a lot of MF, reducing greatly their character power. And it was never ever efficient because being strong with proper balance of MF was working far better. It's funny thing actully game have more than 10 years and people still know not too much about efficient farming there. But what I like in PoE is that getting godlike items is near-impossible and there is always chance for something better.
Last edited by deMoxE on Mar 21, 2012, 7:31:52 AM
"
Attack speed, accuracy (percentage), critical strike damage and multipliers that occur on weapons are now calculated multiplicatively with other instances of the same stat off-weapon. These values have been lowered slightly to offset this.

Wow. Most people will not notice, but this is huge and a good answer to some of the more talked about problems in the game. And it will come in a sub-patch?
Thanks! I feel the game is definately moving in the right direction. My last big problem with the game is now the function of evasion and specifically the one-shot syndrom.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
LXj wrote:
Speaking of art -- did I correctly notice that there were no voice over during character creation before 0.9.7? ("Attention prisoners! Blah blah blah crimes blah blah exiled!")

I actually started playing a few days before patch, nice to see the game progressing :)
that reminds me.. will there be a way in the future to disable the quartermaster's speech? I find it quite annoying that the guy never shuts up.
+1 to mute feature
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
The Dual Gem for reward problem still seems to occur, just killed Hílock for the "Enemy at the Gate" quest on ruthless and the Rewards offer me Hatred twice.
Last edited by 09skyline90 on Mar 21, 2012, 4:20:01 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.7c
Attack speed, accuracy (percentage), critical strike damage and multipliers that occur on weapons are now calculated multiplicatively with other instances of the same stat off-weapon. These values have been lowered slightly to offset this.

Something's really wrong with this.

Best example i can give is a sword that says it has 1.48 attacks per second gives me 1.45 attacks per second on the char sheet when I equip it (even though I have at least 19% attack speed bonuses).

Other weapons have been weird too. Before the patch I had one that was 1.44 per second on my char sheet, now it's 1.33 — why would it go down (well I guess I can kinda see how it could go down since the nerf was probably applied to attack speed, but it would have had to of been a pretty serious nerf to cause such a loss)

This may be a display bug. It shouldn't have negatively affected weapons that already exist. I'll talk to Rory/Mark about it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
deMoxE wrote:
Chris,

I know that somekind of item change is coming soon so I'm giving my 3 cents here.

In terms of item balancing and time of item usability reducing the spread in TOP mods would actually prove to be better. I don't mean 50% cut per stat but now 0-400% enhaced base defense/energy shield/evasion on armor-type items seems to be overkill. Also I don't know what you got in mind about level scalling of items for future versions.

It will be bad for market if weapons / armors will be usable just for 5-10 levels. At last some part of the equipment (maybe rings and amulets) should be avaliable to be maxed or close maxed at lvl around 50. This could be balanced again by reducing the chance of appearing of mods on that items for instance rare items would have only 1/20 chance to apear with 6 mods. If all the best items will be avaliable in lvl 90+ high end game this will basically kill the market because most of the people won't even reach the chance to find something good enough to trade with top players. What would that change ? Actually it would force people to seek items not with just one powerful mod but items with 5-6 mods. Maybe reducing the mods on rares from 4-6 to 3-6 would be an option too. Improving usability of regals and exalts in same time.

Now it is very artifical there is no point in blowing 10 chaos into level 40 weapon because it's far more worse than level 50 one. The spread should be a lot more slower or somehow balanced so items with good mods (even if low level) could be usable for more than just few hours.

Also Item Quanitity/Rarity mods are way too strong, there should be some more hard (at last to understand) mechanic of farming be avaliable in game than just stacking pure IQ/IR. Not an party / leeching easy mode farm for sure :) And 50% Item Quantity bonus per person in party is too much (they already kill faster and co-op which gives them benefits) the bonus is too good for the effort in my opinion (Just 50% more hp for mobs is nuff for two persons to brake trough). Right now it's not so bad because game is much harder than most of people could stand (while the market is saturated with good items). But generally getting strong items is too easy in my opinion. In shorcut, Raw-power of character don't give as much benefit as full Item Quantity/Rarity character. I remember in d2 people were stacking a lot of MF, reducing greatly their character power. And it was never ever efficient because being strong with proper balance of MF was working far better. It's funny thing actully game have more than 10 years and people still know not too much about efficient farming there. But what I like in PoE is that getting godlike items is near-impossible and there is always chance for something better.

I agree.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info