Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

0.9.7c Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:

Maybe, but there are implications. For a start, players would complain they can't generate "good" items any more :P
Well it's just for the purpose of having the mods balanced, so you could just buff all the crappy mods instead. Overall I think a nice balanced mix of increasing base weapon damage slightly, increasing other mods slightly, and reducing "increased weapon damage mod" somewhat would work best.
"
Chris wrote:

We don't yet have a firm plan to return the conditional charge passives you mention.
You don't plan to let melee characters use power charges (at least for the short-term)?

This seems rather unfair considering all the other charges are obtainable.
Frenzy charges has 2 skills to obtain charges, endurance charges has 2 skills (including a very cheap, very spammable, very effective skill at that), and power charges only has 1 skill [power siphon], which only works for wanders.
There's also voll's but that's more for casters — melee simply can't afford the terrible defense it has, not to mention they generally don't have huge mana pools to let them deal with the halfed pool size.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Mar 21, 2012, 1:00:19 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Lo4f wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
  • Added taunts back to goatmen.

What exactly do these taunts accomplish for the monsters? I see them stop and perform the animation, but the only taunt I ever noticed a result was for the ape chieftain.

Do the other monster taunts provide hidden boosts to damage, or call other nearby monsters to reinforce?

To keep things in sync, we have monsters stop and do nothing briefly every few seconds. This allows them to get back into the correct place if they're out of sync. We've replaced the "do nothing" with "taunt occasionally", which has the same sync benefits but looks nicer!

I always thought that monster behaviour was a bug that couldn't be solved yet. Now it makes sense :)
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Hey.

I started playing the game a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it so far - good work! It's also great to see developers' enthusiasm that shows in the frequency of patches appearing. I hope this keeps up in the future.

The game plays great at current stage - I'd say it's impressive for a beta. I've played many retail-released games in a much worse state.

About the only thing I don't like is the camera zoom level - it's a little too close to the ground for my taste. Higher-placed camera would benefit ranged-based characters. As it is right now they seem to be at a disadvantage, due to relatively low field of view on the screen.

One small question, btw. Any chance of adding an "undo" button for the passive skill tree in the future? I could really use that as my frantic clicking already made me waste a couple of precious skill points. ;-)
Last edited by MicoSelva on Mar 21, 2012, 3:47:19 AM
"
MicoSelva wrote:
One small question, btw. Any chance of adding an "undo" button for the passive skill tree in the future? I could really use that as my frantic clicking already made me waste a couple of precious skill points. ;-)

To remove used passive skills, you can use Orb of Regret :)
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Speaking of art -- did I correctly notice that there were no voice over during character creation before 0.9.7? ("Attention prisoners! Blah blah blah crimes blah blah exiled!")

I actually started playing a few days before patch, nice to see the game progressing :)
Last edited by LXj on Mar 21, 2012, 4:14:16 AM
So here I am still loving 0.9.7, and were nearing revision d? And now were nearing 0.9.8 fast? You guys are really getting the patches out fast!

This I like.

Very much.
Feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xorjt
GGG_FanBoy_101
Last edited by Xorjt on Mar 21, 2012, 4:29:55 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.7c
Attack speed, accuracy (percentage), critical strike damage and multipliers that occur on weapons are now calculated multiplicatively with other instances of the same stat off-weapon. These values have been lowered slightly to offset this.

Something's really wrong with this.

Best example i can give is a sword that says it has 1.48 attacks per second gives me 1.45 attacks per second on the char sheet when I equip it (even though I have at least 19% attack speed bonuses).

Other weapons have been weird too. Before the patch I had one that was 1.44 per second on my char sheet, now it's 1.33 — why would it go down (well I guess I can kinda see how it could go down since the nerf was probably applied to attack speed, but it would have had to of been a pretty serious nerf to cause such a loss)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Chris wrote:
To keep things in sync, we have monsters stop and do nothing briefly every few seconds. This allows them to get back into the correct place if they're out of sync. We've replaced the "do nothing" with "taunt occasionally", which has the same sync benefits but looks nicer!

Thats an amazing cool idea! Even if it looks a bit strange and somewhat funny to see the little spiders in the Cave doing their jumps - first impression (with a leap slam char) was that they also try to leap slam on you... ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Wertron wrote:
"
MicoSelva wrote:

To remove used passive skills, you can use Orb of Regret :)
Unavailable

Good to know. However, undo button would still come in handy to immediately recall points applied by misclicking, for example. It should, of course, be on a timer (30 seconds?) or available only until passive skill window is closed, or something similar.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Yes an undo option on open passive tree window would be great idea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info