[3.6] Arctic CoC Hipster Assassin – Permanent Onslaught – [LOWER BUDGET] – CoC with a Twist

Got to maps yesterday and jumped straight to T6. Could've gone higher but I feel like I'm lacking survivability at the moment since I'm only at 4k health.
Overall a really fun build that tanks my fps haha.

Edit: tanks my fps, not dps
Last edited by Soosiz on Jan 8, 2019, 12:47:52 AM
"
Soosiz wrote:
Got to maps yesterday and jumped straight to T6. Could've gone higher but I feel like I'm lacking survivability at the moment since I'm only at 4k health.
Overall a really fun build that tanks my dps haha

Don't worry, you'll get there. :)

I've done all content so far and only at around 5K life at level 87. You just simply do so much damage that life isn't too much of a problem. Just make sure you are always Cycloning everything to oblivion.

You'll get more life at a higher level too so don't worry too much about it. Glad you are enjoying the build though. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Loving the build so far! Feel a bit squishy at level 91 with 5.2K life, but I got room for improvement on a couple pieces of gear. Hoping to upgrade those when I can. Thanks again for the build :) If you happen to check out my character at all let me know where my biggest points of improvement might be, I'm assuming belt and ring are biggest upgrade contenders.
"
seelroy6 wrote:
Loving the build so far! Feel a bit squishy at level 91 with 5.2K life, but I got room for improvement on a couple pieces of gear. Hoping to upgrade those when I can. Thanks again for the build :) If you happen to check out my character at all let me know where my biggest points of improvement might be, I'm assuming belt and ring are biggest upgrade contenders.

Glad that you are liking the build. As you said, 5.2k life is definitely a bit on the squishier side. I had over 5k life at 80 so for sure you can get more life onto your gear to raise it up. Just in general though, the build is still a bit more difficult to get life just because of the nature of unique items.

One suggestion would be if your mana regeneration is already sustaining you, you can swap your amulet to one that has life but also a mana regeneration mod to make sure your mana sustain is still solid. Another reason why I know why this build is a bit squishy is because I went a bit more with a cheaper budget. I was honestly a bit tired of seeing builds relying on the same items over and over again and wanted to put my own twist on CoC. Nothing wrong with those items though because they are amazing, but I wanted to use under utilized uniques and reworked items.

Like you said though, you can definitely try to get more life on your gear. Since we already rely on Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark to leech, you can just focus on getting as much life+resists on your ring which should be a lot easier than getting an actual curse on hit ring. They don't get too expensive either so try some of your luck there too. One other thing too is that since this build already does so much damage, you can forgo some DPS boosting nodes and grab more life as well. Nothing wrong with that either. :)

Glad that you are enjoying the build though. Keep me updated and let me know if there is anything else you need. Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 9, 2019, 10:06:25 PM
Really enjoying this build as well. Probably one of the most fun builds i have played. After having put around 1200 hours into this game says a lot. My only complaint would be the squishy nature of the build. I am level 79 with 3.7k life so i know that is part of the problem and getting better gear is the other part. I cant get my stupid Carcass Jack to 6l either. But other than that i really enjoy the build and just the crazy amount of damage you can bring to bear on enemies. Great job!
"
ThoronElee wrote:
Really enjoying this build as well. Probably one of the most fun builds i have played. After having put around 1200 hours into this game says a lot. My only complaint would be the squishy nature of the build. I am level 79 with 3.7k life so i know that is part of the problem and getting better gear is the other part. I cant get my stupid Carcass Jack to 6l either. But other than that i really enjoy the build and just the crazy amount of damage you can bring to bear on enemies. Great job!

Glad that you are enjoying the build. Yeah, you are definitely going to feel pretty squishy until you can get more life on your gear. Honestly, if you can even just 5 link your Carcass Jack, I would use that over Tabula Rasa just so you can get that extra flat 60 life for more survivability. The build already does such stupid damage as it is. Nothing wrong with sacrificing a bit just to make sure we get more life.

Like you said though, there are definitely a lot of areas that can get your life there. The build has a lot of jewel sockets even at the level 70 range too, so try to get some flat life or percent life on your jewels. There's a lot of flexibility you can do to get more life. I think my guy is 5.1k+ at 84 right now.

Yeah, once you get more life on your gear, it will feel even better. Other than the life, I'm sure at least you can see how much damage the build offers though. I just wanted to take a different outlook compared to the same cookie cutter CoC builds. This version is a lot more cheaper and utilizes a lot of other different mechanics which is what I truly enjoy about it.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Glad you're having fun!

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
"
seelroy6 wrote:

Glad that you are liking the build. As you said, 5.2k life is definitely a bit on the squishier side. I had over 5k life at 80 so for sure you can get more life onto your gear to raise it up. Just in general though, the build is still a bit more difficult to get life just because of the nature of unique items.

One suggestion would be if your mana regeneration is already sustaining you, you can swap your amulet to one that has life but also a mana regeneration mod to make sure your mana sustain is still solid. Another reason why I know why this build is a bit squishy is because I went a bit more with a cheaper budget. I was honestly a bit tired of seeing builds relying on the same items over and over again and wanted to put my own twist on CoC. Nothing wrong with those items though because they are amazing, but I wanted to use under utilized uniques and reworked items.

Like you said though, you can definitely try to get more life on your gear. Since we already rely on Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark to leech, you can just focus on getting as much life+resists on your ring which should be a lot easier than getting an actual curse on hit ring. They don't get too expensive either so try some of your luck there too. One other thing too is that since this build already does so much damage, you can forgo some DPS boosting nodes and grab more life as well. Nothing wrong with that either. :)

Glad that you are enjoying the build though. Keep me updated and let me know if there is anything else you need. Good luck!

Changing things up a bit and will be seeing how well I survive and how my damage is. I opted to pick up a Pandemonius for the blind and other offensive stats, put Aspect of the Avian on a new pair of boots (Move speed + 10% to deal double damage), got myself an alright Warlord's Mark ring for a solid price and putting in a Mark of the Shaper ring in my other slot tomorrow. Have to run Purity of Fire to cap fire res LOL

Quite the change, but I had the money and I'm interested in survival. May also check out Aspect of the Cat once beasts can be traded again - or I'll find someone selling it for a reasonable price. Feelin' a bit less like the original build and how you wanted to make use of under utilized uniques, but I'll forever have my characters roots planted firmly with this build! :P
"
seelroy6 wrote:
Changing things up a bit and will be seeing how well I survive and how my damage is. I opted to pick up a Pandemonius for the blind and other offensive stats, put Aspect of the Avian on a new pair of boots (Move speed + 10% to deal double damage), got myself an alright Warlord's Mark ring for a solid price and putting in a Mark of the Shaper ring in my other slot tomorrow. Have to run Purity of Fire to cap fire res LOL

Quite the change, but I had the money and I'm interested in survival. May also check out Aspect of the Cat once beasts can be traded again - or I'll find someone selling it for a reasonable price. Feelin' a bit less like the original build and how you wanted to make use of under utilized uniques, but I'll forever have my characters roots planted firmly with this build! :P

Nothing with swapping to the more expensive gear, if anything, I would recommend you do if you have the currency to. I just aim my builds toward the more budget side of things but that doesn't mean items can't be swapped out for better stuff. Definitely do so. The Pandemonius with the blind mod is going to be a huge buff in the survivability department. I honestly have enough currency to get one myself, but with working on multiple builds, I have to save currency to craft and trade items for them.

Good luck on your new and buffed up changes. I'm sure it will feel a lot smoother. I really am just providing the template, it is totally up to you guys to change it to however you want. Just let me know if you need anything on my end or got any unanswered questions.

Good luck, exile!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Hello, I would like to know how did u run no regen maps, since we have 30mana degen. I ran a few no regen maps but I have to switch my boots to another.
"
smoakng wrote:
Hello, I would like to know how did u run no regen maps, since we have 30mana degen. I ran a few no regen maps but I have to switch my boots to another.

Honestly, just Warlord's Mark sustains my mana enough already. As long as you have enough mana regen to out regen the mana degen from Dance of the Offered, you should be good to go. You just need to be a bit more wary on no regen maps with your spamming of Vortex.

You rarely get no regen map mods when you roll maps, but if you do, just play carefully and watch your usage of skills and how you are using them. You can also get mana gained on hit jewels and also rings to counter no regen maps too but running Warlord's Mark as an aura from Blasphemy should cover this pretty well. You just need to make sure you are actually hitting enemies with your skills and spells.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about no regen maps. It is more so I mentioned it because I have tried no regen maps and got them completed before with just careful playing.

If you are really unlucky and keep rolling no mana regen maps, then I would suggest you just have a pair of boots to swap for it. You should be able to simply re-roll the map if it becomes that big of a problem though.

Good luck.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 31, 2019, 2:08:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info