[3.6] Arctic CoC Hipster Assassin – Permanent Onslaught – [LOWER BUDGET] – CoC with a Twist

Tbh i'm just using herald of ice with onslaught gem linked and it's working fine, and i get another slot to balance out my resists.
"
Zimmzamm wrote:
Awesome! Going to start it today. I've done uber on RG, arc traps, double strike and wanted to find a different build. This is definitely it. :)

Glad that you took interest in the build. I just wanted to go a bit more of a different route compared to the typical CoC builds out there. You can do this build on much smaller budget compared to the other versions that use The Pandemonius and whatnot.

I downed Uber Elder without a cooldown recovery belt and while using Atziri's Foible so it is totally possible without relying on expensive gear. Let me know if you need any help as you progress with this build.

I am all ears and ready to help. :)

Good luck on your journey, exile!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
viray wrote:
Tbh i'm just using herald of ice with onslaught gem linked and it's working fine, and i get another slot to balance out my resists.

True, you could do that too, but we are trying to cover all situations. HoI with linked to Onslaught won't really have any use in certain boss fights where it is just 1v1. Unless the boss you are fighting has trash that spawns so you can get Onslaught to proc off of HoI. Having permanent Onslaught is different from being able to get Onslaught sometimes or only in certain situations.

We have 6 jewel sockets to utilize to cover our other resists too so capping our resistances isn't as bad as it seems. But, as you said, use what works for you. The build here is really just a template. You can tweak it to however works best for you.

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)
[Build/Stream Thread]
Ok, with using Malachai's Artifice Unset Ring, we are doing that so our Molten Shell procs EE, am I correct in that? If so, then when we run Herald of Ice it adds cold damage to Molten Shell, and give the monster resistance to cold/fire since the proc would be at the same time, at least according to the current mechanics of EE. Or am I wrong?
"
ZenJelly wrote:
Ok, with using Malachai's Artifice Unset Ring, we are doing that so our Molten Shell procs EE, am I correct in that? If so, then when we run Herald of Ice it adds cold damage to Molten Shell, and give the monster resistance to cold/fire since the proc would be at the same time, at least according to the current mechanics of EE. Or am I wrong?

It is actually funny that you brought that up because I was just swapping the gem to a Summon Flame Golem instead. I was leveling with a different weapon so the flat added cold damage didn't play a role into the EE setup from Malachai's Artifice.

Gonna swap it in the build and swap out the Summon Ice Golem. All of the flame golem's attacks are fire so the proc rate of EE is still solid. It will at least get in a few attacks before it dies against the harder bosses and content.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 6, 2019, 1:49:49 PM
Can you post your MTX looks coos
"

It is actually funny that you brought that up because I was just swapping the gem to a Summon Flame Golem instead. I was leveling with a different weapon so the flat added cold damage didn't play a role into the EE setup from Malachai's Artifice.

Gonna swap it in the build and swap out the Summon Ice Golem. All of the flame golem's attacks are fire so the proc rate of EE is still solid. It will at least get in a few attacks before it dies against the harder bossed and content.

Ya I tested it for sure last night and molten shell was for sure procing EE on both fire and cold. I swapped to flame golem after reading your post and it's working much better.
Even w/o HoI CM got added cold to spells & attacks. Only usable thing inside MA is a minion, eg. lightning golem with +150% buff enchant.
"
EvokePhantox wrote:
Can you post your MTX looks coos

Sure, here it is. :)

Whoops, forgot the body armor's MTX, but it is the "Master Soulstealer Body Armor."
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Jan 6, 2019, 10:08:24 PM
I was originally using Molten Shell while leveling up and wasn't using Cospri's Malice yet but now since we use Cospri's Malice, it will add cold damage to our spells and attacks. Because of this, I swapped out Molten Shell in our Malachai's Artifice into Summon Flame Golem.

You can still use Molten Shell just for defensive purposes though. I now swapped out my Summon Ice Golem for Molten Shell so I can still use it as some utility as well.

Just make sure you summon your flame golem for bosses and mapping.
[Build/Stream Thread]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info