So account and or gear linking coming when?

Thank you GGG, I finally get to sport my supporter titles!
Guys, Path of Building just got updated, so we can now import our characters there as well. Awesome!
Ok, actually I´m just more confused now. Could some1 explain to me how this works and how you actually do sign in with your Xbox here?
Do I actually have to do it via my actual Xbox?
I´m already signed in here and still I can´t figure out how to make myself (like in this) to appear with my Xbox things.
And when and if I manage to figure this one out (I am probably overthinking a few issues here) will my/this Account be "seperate" then?

"
Kundarin wrote:
Ok, actually I´m just more confused now. Could some1 explain to me how this works and how you actually do sign in with your Xbox here?
Do I actually have to do it via my actual Xbox?
I´m already signed in here and still I can´t figure out how to make myself (like in this) to appear with my Xbox things.
And when and if I manage to figure this one out (I am probably overthinking a few issues here) will my/this Account be "seperate" then?

Logout out your current account and go back to the login page. You will see a button to login via your Xbox account. PC account and Xbox account are separated.
Ok, I see how things works now with this link thing. I have to click on Sign-In Microsoft.
Which again means it will be with Microsoft, and not signed in with my already existing Account here and it will be kinda like seperate Accounts in a way.

In fact it just feels weird in a some way having kinda 2 seperate Accounts while in the same way it is not.
Guess that is what actually why it confuses me in some way, since I just want to have one single one and still use my login credentials I´m actually using here already and it all to be merged as one.
"
Kundarin wrote:
Ok, I see how things works now with this link thing. I have to click on Sign-In Microsoft.
Which again means it will be with Microsoft, and not signed in with my already existing Account here and it will be kinda like seperate Accounts in a way.

In fact it just feels weird in a some way having kinda 2 seperate Accounts while in the same way it is not.
Guess that is what actually why it confuses me in some way, since I just want to have one single one and still use my login credentials I´m actually using here already and it all to be merged as one.

It is worded very poorly, this is not account linking. It is just logging in under your account of choice, be it PC, Xbox, or PS. There is literally 0 connection between any of the accounts.

That being said, it is amazing that console users can finally check their gear and characters on here whenever they want. And use PoB to help tweak without having to manually input everything. It will take some getting used to logging in as a different account and some minor QoL features (like all my posts and quotes from PC account will not notify me on my Xbox acct, even with same exact name and email address).

Thank you GGG.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:

It is worded very poorly, this is not account linking. It is just logging in under your account of choice, be it PC, Xbox, or PS. There is literally 0 connection between any of the accounts.

That being said, it is amazing that console users can finally check their gear and characters on here whenever they want. And use PoB to help tweak without having to manually input everything. It will take some getting used to logging in as a different account and some minor QoL features (like all my posts and quotes from PC account will not notify me on my Xbox acct, even with same exact name and email address).

Thank you GGG.

Now, ok. So that actually means that if I Click and Sign in using my Xbox thing on the login page now here, that would actually make my name here on this forum to the name I am actually having on my Xbox then?
Since my name here is Kundarin. But that is not my name I´m using on my Xbox, you know.
So that means if I am signing in Xbox thing here, that means no one would know that I am Kundarin then, and it would show my actual Xbox name instead? Or is it so that my name here on the forum already as it has always been is not effected at all?

Could someone from the GGG Team come in here and actually explain this to me.

No wonder I´m confused. But probably overthinking a few things.
"
Kundarin wrote:

Now, ok. So that actually means that if I Click and Sign in using my Xbox thing on the login page now here, that would actually make my name here on this forum to the name I am actually having on my Xbox then?
Since my name here is Kundarin. But that is not my name I´m using on my Xbox, you know.
So that means if I am signing in Xbox thing here, that means no one would know that I am Kundarin then, and it would show my actual Xbox name instead? Or is it so that my name here on the forum already as it has always been is not effected at all?

Could someone from the GGG Team come in here and actually explain this to me.

No wonder I´m confused. But probably overthinking a few things.

1. Yes, no one would know your Xbox GT is the same as Kundarin (your current account).

2. Only shows your Xbox name. They are not tied together in any way.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Apr 8, 2019, 6:12:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info