[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Great build! Just got my first Uber elder kill ever! I had literally no idea about the fight or mechanics or anything and I just yoloed it and it went great! It would have been deathless except for his stupid self destruct explosion I had no idea about at the end that I got caught by. But hey, I will be ready for it next time. Here is my gear, I would love it if someone would take the time to look it over and give any recommendations for improvement or things I might be doing wrong. Also side issue, but POB says that the cold damage over time multiplier nodes next to fingers of frost are pretty much strictly better than the + minion damage node near shaper, is this an error, or just an un-optimization of the build, what am I missing here? Thanks!

Hello Exiles,

I am slightly at a loss. I tried U-Elder and failed twice mostly due to my inexperience. But is there a way to change the odds to my favour? (I do not have all too much time on my hands, the fewer tries the better :) )
Also I'm kinda new to PoE and all its tools, mechanics, etc. https://pastebin.com/ZiHyigCC <- this should be the current version.

Any help is appreciated, thx for that in advance, also not-native-speaker-disclaimer(though any hints are helpful - thx)

By the way: awesome build, thanks to OP for this, I have never gotten this far. You helped me enjoy PoE a lot more :)
Thxs again for this guide....you made my life in POE so much easier. a little question.... i cant get rid of this belt...so much dps and regen...any suggestion? is just me or it does not worth it
Bated Breath
+(9-20) to maximum Energy Shield
10% increased Damage
+(15-25) to Intelligence
+(20-30) to maximum Energy Shield
20% increased maximum Energy Shield
50% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate

Last edited by vonrichtofen on Feb 19, 2019, 6:02:29 PM
"
vonrichtofen wrote:
Thxs again for this guide....you made my life in POE so much easier. a little question.... i cant get rid of this belt...so much dps and regen...any suggestion? is just me or it does not worth it
Bated Breath
+(9-20) to maximum Energy Shield
10% increased Damage
+(15-25) to Intelligence
+(20-30) to maximum Energy Shield
20% increased maximum Energy Shield
50% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate

The Bated Breath is a really good belt until you start spending decent coin on your equipment. I was curious how much different it would make, so I bought one, of the variable stats it has 14 ES, 19 INT, 27 ES. It does give me 102 total ES more than my 151 max ES belt. Damage is 1.1% higher with the bated breath. However, I give up 60 total resist, and aspect of spider. Losing that much resist would make my rings, ammy, and shield significantly more expensive to get the total resists and total ES. So I don't think from a holistic view of your character its worth it when you can afford a belt for somewhere between 1 and 4 ex or so.
Thank you, is a good point. And in fact my problem is to have the resists nicely capped.
But to be honest what i love it for is the shield regen, im used to jugg so
i still make some positioning mistakes and that shield regen saved my ass many times, but is a good point thank you
"
HouseHlaalu wrote:
Hello Exiles,

I am slightly at a loss. I tried U-Elder and failed twice mostly due to my inexperience. But is there a way to change the odds to my favour? (I do not have all too much time on my hands, the fewer tries the better :) )
Also I'm kinda new to PoE and all its tools, mechanics, etc. https://pastebin.com/ZiHyigCC <- this should be the current version.

Any help is appreciated, thx for that in advance, also not-native-speaker-disclaimer(though any hints are helpful - thx)

By the way: awesome build, thanks to OP for this, I have never gotten this far. You helped me enjoy PoE a lot more :)

I would have certainly dropped cinderswallow urn. It's kinda useless unless you're running no regen map. (I only use mana flask because it's more convenient for me). One thing for sure, never ever forget Quartz Flask. No matter what build you're running, this is always one of the most important flasks. Also, drop that armor flask and get Jade/Stibnite flask instead. Also, never run a map without Quicksilver flask. You can't just rely on flame dash and phase run. You need to move fast man. This build is so strong and all you have to do is to cast vortex and get the fck out. Haha
Still loving the build, very forgiving to mistakes and poor play.

First every Uber Atziri attempt, took 5 portals but even got "kill A'Alai last". Spoiler: If you kill A'Alai last, don't run into enraged rain of arrows after they are all dead to grab the Terrace map. That was only death to trio but for reference: enraged rain of arrows 2-shots me, has a moderately large aoe and lasts minutes.

With mediocre gear damage shreds everything, but good lord is that map rippy. Anti-bleed flask after spears isn't bad, split phase goes very quick, but flame blasts. They cover most of the screen, and they one-shot me a few times at 11.9k ES.

Bleeds do seem to be a bit of Achilles's heel in general. Wonder how immortal you'd be with Apep's Supremacy and 20 ex or so in gear.
GGG please don´t nerf vortex and the occultist ascendancy :D
Sorry I am a noob, but could one of yu explain EE a bit.

I think I get it, but if I have something like "ADD # TO # cold damage to spells, does that mean when Storm brand casts that it will also hit with cold damage and increase the cold damage resist makeing my damage less with Vortex?

I need to avoid all forms of + to cold or fire on my gear right?

thanks
"
Bizzlock wrote:
How do i use all curses at once?
I use:
- discipline
- Enlighten
- Blasphemy
- Enfeeble

I have Aspect of the spider on a ring but I dont have any mana left after I turn it on...

Would appreciate some advice :)

Hi there, I've been using OP's build for only 4 days, and I got to beat Red Elder, Shaper guardians and even Shaper deathless now, right in the first encounter (Chimera and Red Elder took me to the 2nd run for deathless) and this build has been running over Syndicate like they're nothing. I have actually never lost to Syndicate ever since level 1. I do have some problems with mana sustain early on. What I did is, I removed Blasphemy immediately, as I also run Aspect of Spider (it is a sick skill), enfeeble and discipline. So the new 4 links that I put are:

Discipline (Vaal) - Clarity (lv 4 to reduce mana reserved and still gives some flat mana regen) - cast when damage taken (lv 2) - enfeeble (lv 6)

The rest of my setup is the same as OP's recommendation. Cwdt is lv 2 to make use of enfeeble casting while avoiding overlap with Immortal Call setup with cwdt lv 1. Since this build runs into mobs all the time to deal dmg, you'll basically cast Enfeeble all the time anyway, so it's pretty much the same as Blasphemy-Enfeeble setup, but it even helps you regen your mana here. Right now I ditched Enlighten (lv 3) together with Blasphemy, and got some mana regen nodes in tree (Shaper - gives 40% mana regen rate) and some mana regen on gear, such as shield, crafted ring, and jewel (look for jewels with mana regen rate while moving and also some flat ES if you can, those are pretty cheap). Right now I have 304 mana unreserved and total of ~900 mana, and I never run out of mana again with this setup (in fact, my mana almost regens instantly, with roughly 72 mana regen per sec when I move).

In fact, for those who struggle with keeping mana up, I do make this suggestion for OP as well, if you can afford Discipline + Enfeeble + Aspect of the Spider all at the same time.
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hologram_o on Feb 21, 2019, 11:53:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info