[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

The best way is the boot enchant "0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently"

The second best way is the boot enchant "Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently"
"
ezarurazvan wrote:
I'm having some issues with mana, I got some mana regen but it's still pretty bad. Any idea what I should do ?

as above like what roselan said. also if you're playing with Shav's wrappings, get clarity, should solve all mana issues. mana is a known problem with the build, but those enchants help out during mapping a lot.
Hi guys, I saw on someone character with this build he switched orb of storms to frosbite curse on our weapon, what is your opinion about it ?
P.S. Thanks about an amazing tooltip about enchant on boots, it's saved me a lot, especially since I have 1 lvl arcane surge on body.
Last edited by nikpoe on Jul 17, 2019, 3:30:20 PM
"
Hi guys, I saw on someone character with this build he switched orb of storms to frosbite curse on our weapon, what is your opinion about it ?

"cast on skill" in the weapon is mainly useful against bosses, as mobs need to be alive for EE to be applied. Now in legion I guess it's useful against rares too. If storm brand is enough to apply EE, then why not.

I like frostbite on blasphemy (that's one of the reason I'm big fan of heretic veil), so that it's applied before vortex. It helps a bit for clearing speed. I have no idea if frostbite effect is applied if it is cast after vortex. But this is true for other effects like bonechill or frost bomb debuff, and there is no reason frostbite works differently.

Frostbite on blasphemy reserves quite some mana plus a second gem slot (apart on heretic veil). And casting curses manually sucks. I mean it's annoying ^^'. Plus one of big strength of vortex is that you never stop running. And to cast curses you have to stop. So getting it in the weapon setup is a compromise I really like.

That said, if you can apply only one curse, witchfire brew is always an option.
Last edited by roselan on Jul 17, 2019, 7:53:46 PM
"
P.S. Thanks about an amazing tooltip about enchant on boots, it's saved me a lot, especially since I have 1 lvl arcane surge on body.

there is really no need to apply EE on every single mob. during mapping, vortex has no issues with mobs. the build only needs some help with single target uniques/bosses. which is where frostbite comes in (and stormbrand is sufficient). mechanics wise, I believe dps is increased the moment the -% cold res is applied. even if not, the fight is either too short (for you not to notice), or long enough such that on the next iteration after frostbite is applied, the next vortex dot will deal more dps.

regarding frostbite on blasphemy, there's many ways to play it, I personally do not, because I rather have a high ES helm with the correct enchant, rather than play around with heretic's veil. I also do not wish to reserve my mana for that.
A third option is cwdt - ice nova - curse on hit - frostbite.

That means dedicating a full 4 link and demands cwdt to proc. But at least you can keep cwdt lv 1 and have frostbite at 20, so it triggers regularly. (setup is cwdt 1, ice nova 3, curse on hit 20+, frostbite 20+)

I totally agree that that Helm enchant is #1 priority.
Last edited by roselan on Jul 18, 2019, 1:50:08 PM
What is the best enchant for helmet ? Vortex cooldown recovery?
"
What is the best enchant for helmet ? Vortex cooldown recovery?

Yes, it helps clearspeed nicely.
Got stygian vise and abyss jewel with 8% change to gain phasing on kill, very helpful for clearing speed.
"
Got stygian vise and abyss jewel with 8% change to gain phasing on kill, very helpful for clearing speed.

yes I always recommend this. % phasing on kill jewels. also look for "cannot be inflicted by corrupted blood" corrupted implicit so that you dont need a staunching flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info