[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

quick question on EE. having storm brand/inc crit/frost bomb in the 3l weapon, doesnt the frost bomb spawn cause the ee to go to cold so they get 25% inc cold res? i know with rf the DoT doesnt actually trigger ee so i assume vortex doesnt either but what about cold snap and frost bomb? does it "hit"? so id have to use vortex first and let the ee proc then start cold snapping? or no? sorry just trying to understand the mechanics
Last edited by Mtntech on Jan 19, 2019, 4:37:51 PM
The explosion of the frost bomb (as will any initial “hit” from vortex or cold snap) will swing EE to cold res buff temporarily, but a split second later as soon as a storm brand bolt hits it is back to -cold res, so no big deal.
Last edited by warrofua on Jan 19, 2019, 6:02:52 PM
"
warrofua wrote:
The explosion of the frost bomb (as will any initial “hit” from vortex or cold snap) will swing EE to cold res buff temporarily, but a split second later as soon as a storm brand bolt hits it is back to -cold res, so no big deal.

thanks for the info :D wasnt sure how long one EE proc lasted
"
warrofua wrote:
Just FYI for anyone trying to craft a sceptre like Inva, I did this last night and hit a snag because I didn’t realize cold damage % increase can be a prefix OR a suffix. If it is a prefix you won’t be able to craft %spell damage AND % damage over time like Inva did.

Here is my understanding of the best way to craft this thing (please advise of incorrect info/order of operations):
1. Get ilvl 78 sceptre or higher with 40% elemental implicit (void or opal)
2. Alt/aug until you get the mystical “heartstopping” prefix or the 2nd tier (still good) “Gelid” prefix, this can take 2-3k alts! (+\- a few k standard deviation)
3. Regal
4. Annul and pray it doesn’t hit your CDOT multi (if it does, scour and start over)
5. If you are feeling extra ballsy, and the remaining affix isnt great, annul again
6. If you are left with only CDOT multi you wins, but don’t be a noob (like me) and mess it up at this point
7. Be sure to consider before crafting further (ie plan it out, double check it, ask experience player if unsure) :
-if you have two prefixes on your rare after annul (CDOT multi + something else) you won’t be able to craft %spell damage AND %damage over time, so make sure to craft %spell damage since it’s the bigger stat of the two
-if you have a prefix and suffix on your rare after annul, you won’t be able to fit any other suffixes except for the trigger and multi mod.
-cold damage explicit can be a prefix OR a suffix, so make sure you look closely at what it is before you plan (I didn’t realize this and ended up not being able to craft % spell damage on mine, just % damage over time)

I you mess up after crafting multi mod there is not really an option to fix it afaik, just have to make due with a substandard craft or sell it and try again (bye bye 3-4+ ex so plan carefully!)

Good luck!

This is a really great piece of advice.

To add to it, I strongly recommend everyone enable 'Advanced Mod Descriptions' under options and UI so you'll know what mods are suffixes/prefixes.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Crafted some gear for this build

livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

Thats some nice gear, thanks for sharing!

That spell cascade mod on ur sceptre would actually be pretty useful if you have frost bomb socketed in it as opposed to lightning golem, but I suppose u prefer the incr. cast speed for the time being.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

That spell cascade mod on ur sceptre would actually be pretty useful if you have frost bomb socketed in it as opposed to lightning golem, but I suppose u prefer the incr. cast speed for the time being.

Oh yeah you can ignore the links I was just testing some things out. It's awesome for Frost Bomb.

The build is good, like all of your builds are. The playstyle just isn't for me. Going to be selling the gear.

The gloves were by far the hardest to make of the 3. Getting cold dot was very hard.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

Oh yeah you can ignore the links I was just testing some things out. It's awesome for Frost Bomb.

The build is good, like all of your builds are. The playstyle just isn't for me. Going to be selling the gear.

The gloves were by far the hardest to make of the 3. Getting cold dot was very hard.

lol my 9k alts for T1 cold dot on sceptre would like a word with you :)

also, use an imprint in Menagerie imo
Hey hellomy friend, i have a question why you place minion damage on CI build?
I picked up this belt in delve, and after a bit of crafting, I think it works. My plan is put spider then +dmg on it. I was able to get a +2 duration corrupted 6 link shavs. I'm running CI, and about ready to roll over to LL. I think after changing points a bit, Ill hit about 11k es, which obviously could be better, but my main concern is Chaos Res. I've been able to ignore it being CI, how is it affecting people who are LL. It seems like there is a lot more chaos damage in the last two leagues than there was prior.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wodahs/characters?characterName=MrsShivers
Last edited by Wodahs on Jan 20, 2019, 7:23:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info