stupid phrases we hate

"not half bad"
"with all due respect"

go
"not to be rude, but...[insert rude comment here]"
"I honestly don't care"
"shut up/fuck you/piss off/[insert non-constructive dismissal phrase here]"
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"With all due respect" bothers you? I will grant it is often not used properly.

One I loathe is "couldn't care less". Yes you could, if you put any thought into deciding how little you care it means you care a bit more than not at all.

A gaming specific one that is bugging me is "the cancer that is killing gaming". It is inherently meaningless and cancer is a terrible disease.

And any permutations of phrases using "noob" "fanboy" etc. They are just empty slams flung about and add nothing to a discussion.
"We're making changes to our game based on exit polls." That's right folks! we're changing our game for the people who DON'T PLAY it!
"
LunacyPolish wrote:

One I loathe is "couldn't care less". Yes you could, if you put any thought into deciding how little you care it means you care a bit more than not at all.

"could care less"!
YOLO. I said it.
1337 21gn17ur3
"
YOLO.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Fine.

Whatever.

Honey. Hon. Cutey. Sweetie.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
Sickness wrote:
"
LunacyPolish wrote:

"could care less"!

That one is even worse !
IMHO - ...because there are folks apparently throwing dishonest opinions around. >.>

I know the feeling Bro - Yeah, unless you grew up in the projects in Philadelphia for instance you sound like a complete idiot.

I know the feeling Brah - See above - multiply by zero and destroy yourself.

Oh snap!(of the 500 times per day variety) - Yep, I'm gonna snap your fucking neck if you say one more time.

Oh snap! (of the every now and then variety) - If you would just snap your fingers instead I wouldn't have to listen to idiots like you anymore.

Okay Hon... it's allright Hon... - Hon? I don't see any rings on these fingers. And is two syllables really all that difficult compared to one?

I could probably go on but it will just raise my blood pressure thinking of everything that annoys me. It gets thrown into my face enough as it is.

If you find yourself disagreeing with something I've said then you can take solace in the fact that you are no longer alone in the world.

"Give me fuel... Give me fire... Give me Aul that I desire..."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info