3.6 CI Occultist Vortex Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | All Content +Video

"
Kolchin5 wrote:
Hey, I think you've got asked already, but what is about malevolence? Do you use it since 3.6?

I haven't checked that on PoB until now. I thought that was not better than Aspect of the Spider + Frostbite but it is a bit better at least on PoB.

And I've played this build on Betrayal league. I'm not playing this build anymore. Just updating the guide based on patch changes
"
XulaZ wrote:
u use Controled Destruction on both Vortex and Cold Snap
how do u keep Elemental Overload up all the time?
thanks!!

Thats the reason of the Storm Brand setup
@Durnz, nice guide btw, im almost lvl 91 and is prety straight forward, why in the guide you mension the mana problem? i dont use clarity and i have no mana regen in the gear and my mana doesnt go out because the cooldown of vortex, so what is the problem with mana?
"
frannyx04 wrote:
"
Jaba01 wrote:
"
krut0n wrote:
Thank you for the build guide. I am trying this as league starter in 3.6, it is going pretty good so far. However im in my low 50's and things are beginning to hurt allot more. What defenses does this build have to mitigate some of the dmg taken? No CwDT + Immortal Call + Enfeeble is not suggested etc, witch is just squishy to begin with and no way to mitigate incoming hits at all im just curious where this build will take it to help with that unless I just need to power though the levels until I can get better gear and equipment and ES refresh etc.

I leveled with this build, following the guide pretty much. Had zero issues. I went the hybrid way until after act 10 kitava. You have a pretty big life pool because of all the ES and Life nodes, this should carry you through 'til you go CI easily.

Make sure to keep your resistances as high as possible. That's really important.

Also having the second lab makes it way easier in terms of survivability.

When did you start going CI?
Im sitting at 4607 ES considering to go for CI but a tad worried might just melt & die

Are you playing HC? If not, you don't have to worry. I'm only at 6k ES @ lvl 90 and I can brezze through t13 maps without issues. My whole gear costs like 50 chaos, haven't felt the need to upgrade anything because everything just melts and even with that low amount of ES you're still tanky.

Last edited by Jaba01 on Mar 11, 2019, 7:14:47 PM
"
Evoluxion wrote:
@Durnz, nice guide btw, im almost lvl 91 and is prety straight forward, why in the guide you mension the mana problem? i dont use clarity and i have no mana regen in the gear and my mana doesnt go out because the cooldown of vortex, so what is the problem with mana?

You're probably not using Aspect of the Spider. With Aspect of the Spider setup I had mana for 1 vortex and nothing else so I must have enough mana regen to spam Vortex on CD.
Last edited by Durnz on Mar 11, 2019, 7:25:21 PM
GUIDE UPDATED!

Check the new Skill Gems setup and PoB Pastebin. I just realized (Kolchin5 commented here and I checked that on PoB) that Malevolence is better than Frostbite + Aspect of the Spider and you can still have Enfeeble or Frostbite on Cast on Damage Taken setup. Thats a great upgrade!
"
Durnz wrote:
"
Evoluxion wrote:

You're probably not using Aspect of the Spider. With Aspect of the Spider setup I had mana for 1 vortex and nothing else so I must have enough mana regen to spam Vortex on CD.

"
Durnz wrote:
GUIDE UPDATED!

Check the new Skill Gems setup and PoB Pastebin. I just realized (Kolchin5 commented here and I checked that on PoB) that Malevolence is better than Frostbite + Aspect of the Spider and you can still have Enfeeble or Frostbite on Cast on Damage Taken setup. Thats a great upgrade!

So, with the new upgrades, is still necesary clarity, enlighteen and mana regen in gear?
Last edited by Evoluxion on Mar 11, 2019, 8:01:04 PM
"
So, with the new upgrades, is still necesary clarity, enlighteen and mana regen in gear?

You probably wont need Enlighten but still need mana regen. Not sure about mana regen on gear. I can't test it
Last edited by Durnz on Mar 11, 2019, 8:39:53 PM
Looks nice. I've tried out the new version without an Enlighten and had no real mana issues (even without any increased mana regeneration). You'll go OOM if you spam all your shit permanently, but you usually don't do that anyways.

I'll be running Frostbite in the CWDT setup, but probably will switch to a defensive curse with harder content.

Another good thing with this change: The Dispair aura from Witchfire Brew actually has a use now!
"
Jaba01 wrote:
Looks nice. I've tried out the new version without an Enlighten and had no real mana issues (even without any increased mana regeneration). You'll go OOM if you spam all your shit permanently, but you usually don't do that anyways.

I'll be running Frostbite in the CWDT setup, but probably will switch to a defensive curse with harder content.

Another good thing with this change: The Dispair aura from Witchfire Brew actually has a use now!

Yeah, exactly! That upgrade fitted so well in this build. OMG!
Last edited by Durnz on Mar 11, 2019, 8:41:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info