3.6 CI Occultist Vortex Starter/Endgame Build Guide | Tanky | Budget | All Content +Video

Added Additional Info section containing explanations about the mana sustain and a Leveling section.
Am I missing something? Why do you have Whispers of Doom if you're only applying Frostbite?
"
cd1014 wrote:
Am I missing something? Why do you have Whispers of Doom if you're only applying Frostbite?

Witchfire Brew flask applies Despair Curse
Great build, been following something similar but switched to yours because it was better optimized. What do you recommend for helmets besides Rime Gaze?
"
Great build, been following something similar but switched to yours because it was better optimized. What do you recommend for helmets besides Rime Gaze?

Rime Gaze is the best for damage but If you're looking for something "better" or similar thinking on damage you can get a Rare crafted using Fossils. And for that you should use Frigid + Dense and try to get High ES and -#% Cold Resists to nearby enemies (Concentrated Effect would be a plus if it is an Elder Hubris Helmet). I would go for that.
Well.. Now I got something to add in my guide. Thank you
Last edited by Durnz on Dec 27, 2018, 11:31:52 AM
"
Durnz wrote:
"

Rime Gaze is the best for damage but If you're looking for something "better" or similar thinking on damage you can get a Rare crafted using Fossils. And for that you should use Frigid + Dense and try to get High ES and -#% Cold Resists to nearby enemies (Concentrated Effect would be a plus if it is an Elder Hubris Helmet). I would go for that.
Well.. Now I got something to add in my guide. Thank you

Hey, no problem, thank you! :)
As an FYI, the reason I was asking for alternatives to the Rime Gaze is due to the minus 50% to ES recharge rate. It seems like that could be a negative to the tankiness of the build.
"
As an FYI, the reason I was asking for alternatives to the Rime Gaze is due to the minus 50% to ES recharge rate. It seems like that could be a negative to the tankiness of the build.

Yeah.. maybe.. but tbh not so much.. maybe.. idk, haven't used anther helmet xD
Last edited by Durnz on Dec 27, 2018, 2:33:17 PM
Quick question for you, you have two pastebins, one in the main section, and one under your Uber Elder kill video. They both use different setups in the Vortex/Cold Snap links, main thing seems to be which uses Ele Focus and which uses Bonechill. What's your recommendation/why?

"
Zhain wrote:
Quick question for you, you have two pastebins, one in the main section, and one under your Uber Elder kill video. They both use different setups in the Vortex/Cold Snap links, main thing seems to be which uses Ele Focus and which uses Bonechill. What's your recommendation/why?

Follow the Guide. In the pastebin shown in the Uber Elder section I was using Bonechill on vortex and Elemental Focus on Cold Snap but I realized that I could use Elemental Focus on Vortex and get more DPS. Using Elemental Focus on Vortex gives more DPS than using on Cold Snap.

I linked the pastebin used for Uber Elder so you know the potential of the build.

ps: I was still learning and studying the build to maximize it.
Last edited by Durnz on Dec 27, 2018, 6:11:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info