Blood Magic

Any chance to have the multiplier reduced now that auras have a 60% reserved cost in 1.0?

Playing a non-BM keystone character who used to reserve flat cost auras on Life don't seem to be viable anymore.

Forgot to mention that the BM skilltree keystone will have extra nodes for reduce reserved cost in 1.0 so that's basically a nerf to the BM support gem right there.

Thoughts?
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
This gem needs some new attention now that the aura reservations are all so high. As it is right now I can only imagine using this gem with Clarity (the only non-percentage based aura).
"
Kelderek wrote:
This gem needs some new attention now that the aura reservations are all so high. As it is right now I can only imagine using this gem with Clarity (the only non-percentage based aura).
Or using it for what it was originally intended for... Running attacks for essentially free.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
This gem still makes a mockery of the blood magic keystone. I honestly think this gem should be removed from the game, because balancing blood magic with this seems to be impossible.
"
Gravethought wrote:
This gem still makes a mockery of the blood magic keystone. I honestly think this gem should be removed from the game, because balancing blood magic with this seems to be impossible.

Blood Magic keystone still works very well since there's that 30% reduced reservation right behind it and skills become incredibly cheap with Life gain on Hit recovering back most if not more than what you spent.

If anything needs to be changed it's the Malachai's Simula Mask (unique that gives Blood Magic). I like that it lets you use Blood Magic without speccing all the way over, but 100% cost of skills is too much because chars that would run it (ex: Ranger) aren't specced that much into Strength. It's actually REALLY expensive when you run more linked skills.
http://www.youtube.com/user/P0W3RH4U5
"
Iceydude168 wrote:
If anything needs to be changed it's the Malachai's Simula Mask (unique that gives Blood Magic). I like that it lets you use Blood Magic without speccing all the way over, but 100% cost of skills is too much because chars that would run it (ex: Ranger) aren't specced that much into Strength. It's actually REALLY expensive when you run more linked skills.

Re-read the description of Malachai's.
A suggestion as a way to use this support gem and the Blood Magic Keystone.

1. Change the Blood Magic Keystone as follows: The Blood Magic Keystone no longer eliminates your mana pool (But it still causes all of your abilities to use HP instead of mana).

2. When the Blood Magic Support gem is used on a character with the Blood Magic Keystone, the effects are reversed: the supported ability uses mana instead of HP (But still suffers the increased mana cost of the Blood Magic Support gem).

Thoughts?
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
A suggestion as a way to use this support gem and the Blood Magic Keystone.

1. Change the Blood Magic Keystone as follows: The Blood Magic Keystone no longer eliminates your mana pool (But it still causes all of your abilities to use HP instead of mana).

2. When the Blood Magic Support gem is used on a character with the Blood Magic Keystone, the effects are reversed: the supported ability uses mana instead of HP (But still suffers the increased mana cost of the Blood Magic Support gem).

Thoughts?
God no. Mechanics like that are ridiculous.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
this gem makes bloodmagic keystone pretty much useless!

to compare:

- bloodmagic gem
you use 2 auras (for example hatred + grace)
but you have to give up 1 socket for your main attack

- bloodmagic aura
you cant run auras
you save 1 socket (basiaclly you can use added fire which has about the same dps increase like hatred - but you dont have grace , if you grab 1 aura reservation circle you can also run purity/vitality for free)

in conclusion : the difference between these 2 is that you have 1-2 free auras when you use bloodmagic gem

the solution : add a draw back to bloodmagic gem (for example 30% reduced attackspeed / 15% cast speed)

maybe to buff bloodmagic keystone there should be a non percentage based aura again that you can run for free with BM
ign: ALLRAUDER
Last edited by Luuu90 on Nov 14, 2013, 11:49:09 AM
"
this gem makes bloodmagic keystone pretty much useless!

to compare:

- bloodmagic gem
you use 2 auras (for example hatred + grace)
but you have to give up 1 socket for your main attack

- bloodmagic aura
you cant run auras
you save 1 socket (basiaclly you can use added fire which has about the same dps increase like hatred - but you dont have grace , if you grab 1 aura reservation circle you can also run purity/vitality for free)

in conclusion : the difference between these 2 is that you have 1-2 free auras when you use bloodmagic gem

the solution : add a draw back to bloodmagic gem (for example 30% reduced attackspeed / 15% cast speed)

maybe to buff bloodmagic keystone there should be a non percentage based aura again that you can run for free with BM

Are you insane? You want more good gems to be nerfed? The Blood Magic keystone needs to be buffed, leave the gem alone, it's fine as it is. You have to sacrifice a good bit of damage to use it already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info