Elemental Proliferation

"
DeadlyPencil wrote:
if I use proliferation and I shock a monster twice. Is everything around that monster shocked once or twice?
Twice. Each shock you apply to that mosnter proliferates to other monsters separately.
"
JonnyMonroe wrote:
"
Lunares wrote:
It seems like the fire EP "aura" stacks. That is if you have 6 burning enemies each creating a burning "aura", each enemy takes damage as if it had a burn equal to the sum of all those burns, NOT the most powerful burn.

Is this intended?

From what I can tell using fire trap with EP, there is a damage increasing effect but it's not a simple stacking. I suspect that what happens is that when multiple targets are ignited with overlapping EP effects the strongest one takes effect (as should happen with ignite).
This is correct. Whenever something is affected by multiple instances of the 'burning' status ailment, the highest damage one takes effect and the others are 'inactive' until that runs out, at which point the highest remaining one takes over.
"
Zindax wrote:
According to the wiki:

"
The term Hit refers to skills which hit opponents and trigger on-hit effects. Apart from damage, on-hit effects include inflicting status ailments, gaining charges, stunning or knocking back enemies, gaining life or mana, and skill-specific effects like Infernal Blow's explosion.

I find the wording "apart from damage" to be pretty strange. It seems to imply that a hit can be registered simply by spreading status ailments via elemental proliferation, even if no damage is done.
It is saying that those things can be caused by hits. That does not mean, that said things can only be caused by hits. Note that it includes "gaining life and mana" - Using a flask can cause you to gain life or mana, but is certainly not hitting anything.

Elemental status ailments can be (and often are) applied by hits. They can also be applied in other ways.

This is, of course, largely academic since what the wiki says has no bearing on anything. It is not an official resource and it's often wrong, particularly on fine details, so reading into what it seems to imply, when it doesn't explicitly say such, is likely to lead you astray.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 7, 2013, 3:44:27 AM
"
BlazinHazen wrote:
If i use a Taryn's Shiver and Ele Proliferation, will targets frozen only through proliferation receive the 20% increased damage taken debuff from the staff?
Yes
"
8r3nt wrote:
I am using Cold Spell A + EP and running HOI. I also took a "% increased damage against frozen enemies" node on the passive tree.

I cast Cold Spell A on Enemy X. It gets frozen and spread the freeze to surrounding enemies.

I know if I then shatter Enemy X, the freeze on the surrounding mobs will instantly end. My question is: Will the explosion from shattering Enemy X (because of HOI) deal % increased damage to the surrounding mobs?
No. The freeze is removed when the monster dies, the shatter doesn't happen until after that point, when the hit-processing code checks and sees the monster has died.

"
8r3nt wrote:
I have another question: Can EP spread more than 1 status ailments at the same time? Say if my skill supported by EP deals both fire and cold damage, if I crit and cause an enemy to be both ignited and frozen, will the surrounding mobs also get both ignited and frozen at the same time?
Yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info