[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

I feel like I'm lacking of crit chance, if you can take a look
https://pastebin.com/ik7hsfMx
"
Glencairn wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@ CheeQu Both would be ideal but I like % life if only 1 because game doesn't play like theory. You often dont get to spin on boss continuously. You often only get one or two crits off before you have to get away from them. Thats where leech shine,

Especially when out of diamond flask only at 65-75% crit.

Aim- take a look at my setup, I have about 90% crit without flasks (charges up vs chilled enemies), and 95% capped with my basalt flask (crit mod), which refills a lot more quickly than a diamond - as I dislike relying on crit flasks for Uber particularly. That said, if you’re not planning on doing elder then I think relying on a diamond flask is fine.

Powerful build but pretty hard for most to recreate. How come you take snowforged but not the throatseeker crit multi wheel? Because you have the multi from watcher's eye? Same reason you favour crit side of doomcast over multi side? One last question... how does mapping feel without any AOE? Or is this strictly boss killer build? Thanks for sharing!

Hey! Good questions - I favor crit chance generally as my dps is so high that I want more consistency of crits over slightly more powerful but less frequent crits. I have reverse engineered the balance so my crit chance is capped (95%) without having to use a diamond flask (I don’t like using diamond flasks unless I absolutely have to in builds - I don’t use one in this build). Anything over that level is essentially a waste so would go into crit multi (given the choice) - I think in the current build I am crit overcapped by like 0.8%, so pretty much just right.

I also favor the flask nodes for QoL and consistency over the area of effect nodes. I find clear speed very good and don’t feel any need for marginally greater aoe.

The few seconds I would save per map by having higher aoe is greatly outweighed by any wasted times due to preventable deaths.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 2, 2019, 8:17:04 PM
"
Low_Flex wrote:

I would have taken Ambush & Assasinate ascend before the Opportunistic one personally. Quality on your crit strike gem. Loreweave. Lvl up more. What I noticed in a quick look over.
"
Glencairn wrote:
"
Low_Flex wrote:

I would have taken Ambush & Assasinate ascend before the Opportunistic one personally. Quality on your crit strike gem. Loreweave. Lvl up more. What I noticed in a quick look over.

oh yeah, ofc, I just thought that maybe my crit is too low even for my current lvl and items (low budget), but actually in maps everything is allright until I've flasks
build is beautiful
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@ CheeQu Both would be ideal but I like % life if only 1 because game doesn't play like theory. You often dont get to spin on boss continuously. You often only get one or two crits off before you have to get away from them. Thats where leech shine,

Especially when out of diamond flask only at 65-75% crit.

Aim- take a look at my setup, I have about 90% crit without flasks (charges up vs chilled enemies), and 95% capped with my basalt flask (crit mod), which refills a lot more quickly than a diamond - as I dislike relying on crit flasks for Uber particularly. That said, if you’re not planning on doing elder then I think relying on a diamond flask is fine.

Wow very nice.. I agree diamond flask is terrible on boss and slow recharge. Best to get rid of it entirely on a build like this.
Git R Dun!
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Hey! Good questions - I favor crit chance generally as my dps is so high that I want more consistency of crits over slightly more powerful but less frequent crits. I have reverse engineered the balance so my crit chance is capped (95%) without having to use a diamond flask (I don’t like using diamond flasks unless I absolutely have to in builds - I don’t use one in this build). Anything over that level is essentially a waste so would go into crit multi (given the choice) - I think in the current build I am crit overcapped by like 0.8%, so pretty much just right.

I also favor the flask nodes for QoL and consistency over the area of effect nodes. I find clear speed very good and don’t feel any need for marginally greater aoe.

The few seconds I would save per map by having higher aoe is greatly outweighed by any wasted times due to preventable deaths.

Thanks for quick reply. I doubt I can acquire any gloves like that or a similar watcher's but I think I'll steal a couple ideas or tree pathing. I have 12% aoe on helm and 5% aoe frozen trail jewel So I'll try losing AOE for more crit chance and life. Also going to path through the strength and extra jewel slot to scion life wheel rather than go through int+shaper node.

Couple more questions, to do with your corrupted blood immunity jewel. Does that prevent any type of bleeding say from puncture attacks? And how does heat mod feel on a life flask with cyclone? I've never like that setup since you dont have a set uptime of freeze immunity and have to take damage first to use it when you get a strongbox freeze for instance.

I did a moderate respec to try and balance more crit into the conventional tree provided while still leaving the two aoe nodes by templar for now anyway. See how this feels today.
Last edited by Glencairn on Jan 2, 2019, 9:07:30 PM
"
Glencairn wrote:
Couple more questions, to do with your corrupted blood immunity jewel. Does that prevent any type of bleeding say from puncture attacks? And how does heat mod feel on a life flask with cyclone? I've never like that setup since you dont have a set uptime of freeze immunity and have to take damage first to use it when you get a strongbox freeze for instance.

I did a moderate respec to try and balance more crit into the conventional tree provided while still leaving the two aoe nodes by templar for now anyway. See how this feels today.

Corrupted blood only prevents the corrupted blood ailment, not the puncture bleeding sadly.

The heat on the life flask is fine, I haven't been one shot by anything that's frozen me - so I just pop it if I get frozen (and use the pantheon that prevents consecutive freezes).

Feel free to hit me up ingame if you want to chat.
@Aim_Deep
Vitality is primarily for the life leech from the jewel?

And now Eldritch Battery for mana?

What about getting the warlords mark on ring and getting Whispers of Doom for the extra curse? It only costs 4 points (5 if you want 10% curse). Battery costs 3 by itself. Free's up the Watcher's jewel slot. I haven't played too much with mana reservation, but could maybe mess with dreadbanner/enlighten/clarity to compensate for eldritch battery.

And your jewel at the bottom right. Are you just doing this route for the 20 dex? If not, you can refund the jewel, 2 dex nodes, 1 int node, and power charge node and route to Blood Drinker normally through Nullification then use your 2 remaining points on the power charge up top? Same number of points but you get 20% evasion, 10% ES, 18% power charge duration. Then you can also grab the 4% dmg/PC next level which should amount to 20% spell damage.

Overall I'm not sure how powerful power charges are, seems like the difference is negligible when you have 4 to 5 according to PoB.

"
teslabear wrote:
@Aim_Deep
Vitality is primarily for the life leech from the jewel?

And now Eldritch Battery for mana?

What about getting the warlords mark on ring and getting Whispers of Doom for the extra curse? It only costs 4 points (5 if you want 10% curse). Battery costs 3 by itself. Free's up the Watcher's jewel slot. I haven't played too much with mana reservation, but could maybe mess with dreadbanner/enlighten/clarity to compensate for eldritch battery.

And your jewel at the bottom right. Are you just doing this route for the 20 dex? If not, you can refund the jewel, 2 dex nodes, 1 int node, and power charge node and route to Blood Drinker normally through Nullification then use your 2 remaining points on the power charge up top? Same number of points but you get 20% evasion, 10% ES, 18% power charge duration. Then you can also grab the 4% dmg/PC next level which should amount to 20% spell damage.

Overall I'm not sure how powerful power charges are, seems like the difference is negligible when you have 4 to 5 according to PoB.

Warlords only .4% on boss plus doesnt work on curse immune and some other objects - watchers eyes is 1.5% on everything anywhere and all spells. EB is perfect for this build and only 3 pts. You have between 500-700 free fake mana and reserve 100% of real mana so really vitality costs me nothing to run and it's great vs DOTs in the game having 300 life per sec.

Look there is no really right or wrong way to play this thats the great thing about PoE. I about to mess around with a cross between my idea on this build and MrPetrovs...

Just happen to have this baby in stash.

Run high no diamond flask crit chance enfeeble VIT and anger. Because on the phase bosses particularly UE you want to be criting regardless of having flasks or not.

Other boss doesnt matter. Guardians go down in 4-6 seconds and the flask holds up entire time.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 2, 2019, 10:11:27 PM
Crafted a new belt :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info