[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Could this build do Hall of the Grandmasters? Has anyone tried it? I'm curious to know.

I did it, died 1 or 2 times, but I was just diving everything.
This is the order I acquired things and it scaled really well. I wore a tabula until 80s, and got Pandemonius around 90+.

Lyco + Cospri (build enabling)
Cooldown belt (will help shape your gear/tree)
Wise Oak (defense 1)
Loreweave (defense 2, I used 130 life 6L until 90+)
Pandemonius (defense 3 + damage)

After that, fill in gaps. Badass rings (I kept gifts from above because I'm already at 7.3k life and want global crit), boots to supplement resists, Multimod damage gloves or Acuitys, Watchers eye jewels if you go that route.

I just hit 97, haven't died in a few levels, destroy shaper, deathless uber atziri, haven't tried uber elder. After 97 I moved fortify from 6L to movement skill because I don't care about dying as much anymore.

Get wise oak and balance all 3 resists, then upgrade to an 80 resist loreweave, run a basalt flask, keep fortify up, get pandemonius and use dread banner so nothing hits/crits you.
Last edited by teslabear on Jan 22, 2019, 11:56:15 AM
TY very much! I got a better idea what to do now.
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
Phizeek wrote:
Pretty cool/interesting idea with using a one-hander. As far as I know, though, that 800k+ average hit of Ice Nova only applies to your "initial" ice nova every hit. since you're attacking less times per second as you are casting ice novas due to the frostbolt mechanic, so it isnt really 800k per Ice Nova. The reason is, once your frostbolt procs, your next crit (giving you EE) is an Ice Nova, and the next 2 trigger instantly on top of the frostbolt, not getting EE. With that said, I'm not sure EE is worth overall. It makes the avg hit damage look big in PoB, but I don't think it actually helps overall DPS since you cant maintain it for every spell that goes off. I really doubt it matters, though, as I one-shot and insta-phase everything with the Cospri's setup and you have more DPS than me.

That's not exactly how it works. This method of applying EE has been around for a while. In this particular build it would look like:

Cyclone Crit -> Apply -50% Cold -> Frostbolt Hit (Frostbolt does not Shotgun or hit more than once) -> Apply +25% Cold -> Cyclone Crit -> Apply -50% Cold -> Two Ice Novas Proc off nearest Frostbolts simultaneously -> Repeat.

Ice Nova Expands from up to two Frostbolts INSTEAD of you character, and an Ice Nova and a Frostbolt cannot happen without a Cyclone crit in between adding EE. And as long as you are on top of your enemy, the area of Frostbolt means it hits instantly when it is 'created', meaning the whole things runs pretty smoothly.

The further you go out from your character the more that process changes, but trash mobs die instantly to anything so it's irrelevant.

Ah, okay! I guess I was misinformed. I was under the impression that once that frostbolt hit, you would get EE for the next Ice Nova, but not the ones expanding. If what you say is actually true, then you can get some absolutely absurd damage with a 2H. Might have to look at trying that once I build some currency back up!

So this is my sword now, cost me roughly 5ex and change to create. With Cyclone im assuming that 3.7 AS is still what i want to get if i have 14% cooldown?

With regards to Elemental Equilibrium, can you ELI5 it for me please? xD Do i just need fire/lightning to hit via cyclone?
Last edited by xNagato on Jan 22, 2019, 1:41:51 PM
"
xNagato wrote:

So this is my sword now, cost me roughly 5ex and change to create. With Cyclone im assuming that 3.7 AS is still what i want to get if i have 14% cooldown?

With regards to Elemental Equilibrium, can you ELI5 it for me please? xD Do i just need fire/lightning to hit via cyclone?

I'm confused, what does this have to do with the build in the OP, it's supposed to be cospri + lyco, not a 2h sword...
Its the same build just evolved into 2h weapon
just a PSA for my fellow poor exiles...

i'm looking at getting a level 21 ice nova and it doesn't seem like getting 21/20 is worth it when the quality only increases the aoe a bit. you can get a 21/0 ice nova for 80c while 21/20 ice nova is three times as much at 1.4ex

edit: 21/0 vaal ice novas are even cheaper at 60c
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 22, 2019, 4:12:27 PM
Hey fellow exiles!

I have been trying the last few weeks to make this build work, but I feel my DMG is lacking ALOT VS Bosses, like Guardians / Shaper / ... yeah even map bosses.

This is my current POB:
https://pastebin.com/MjjPEmyU

I know I need a few jewels, and rotate my gem-setup after adding the WE Jewel, so Frost Bomb gets back to CWDT - But other than this, I have no clue.

Hope someone got some tips! TY in advance!
"
Hey fellow exiles!

I have been trying the last few weeks to make this build work, but I feel my DMG is lacking ALOT VS Bosses, like Guardians / Shaper / ... yeah even map bosses.

This is my current POB:
https://pastebin.com/MjjPEmyU

I know I need a few jewels, and rotate my gem-setup after adding the WE Jewel, so Frost Bomb gets back to CWDT - But other than this, I have no clue.

Hope someone got some tips! TY in advance!

your aps should be higher than 3 with all the attack speed on your gear, but cyclone only shows aps of 2.63 in pob and i can't figure out why. either way you need a 14% cdr belt/boots if your cospri's is over 9% attack speed. otherwise you aren't triggering coc enough against single targets.

edit: your cyclone aps is 3.76 which is too high even with the 14% cdr. it should be at 3.75 or lower with the belt or 3 without the belt.

arcane surge is a lot better linked with vortex since you cast it all the time. you probably don't use flame dash much against bosses. you can level arcane surge to 4-5.

frost bomb adds a surprising amount of damage. my average hit goes up 14k when it's active.

vaal righteous fire and/or the focus shock craft on your ring will add a ton of burst damage

i would replace the quartz flask with a wise oak and get your cold resistance highest to get the cold penetration

look for jewels with life and crit multi

you can refund the 5 doom cast nodes to get more life. doom cast isn't needed after you have all the lab ascendancies
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 22, 2019, 7:05:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info