[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

So I watched videos from like 5 different WO builds and they all seem to have really low single target dps.
Yours seems probably the best out of all of them but your gear is probably really good too.
Are there any variations that result in better single target damage? The skill itself looks fun.
"
blingi wrote:
So I watched videos from like 5 different WO builds and they all seem to have really low single target dps.
Yours seems probably the best out of all of them but your gear is probably really good too.
Are there any variations that result in better single target damage? The skill itself looks fun.

i wouldnt say low, it say there is no burst, damage is decent, its just takes time to get used to it, youre not gona go in and burst down boss to 0 hp in 2 seconds, but you will kill it fairly easy, dodgin everything and being safe

im doing uber elder with around 25k winter orb, dps, no flask, nothing else, just "enemy is chilled" selected in POB, and its more than enough, fight takes around 1-2 minutes, nothing too long, but its effective, 6,1k hp, acrobatics/phase, and warlord marks on hit, shit is effective
Last edited by profa322 on Jan 9, 2019, 4:44:23 PM
Huge DPS is overrated IMO. I had a molten strike jugg last league that did 4m DPS. Bosses melt faster, but at the end of the day shaving 20 seconds off a boss fight vs clearing maps twice as fast? Easy choice.
"
modrn wrote:

How do you guys get so much currency for these items early on? I feel like I've been playing non-stop, have only had 3 exalts drop and one decent unique that sold for 2 ex and I crafted a stygian vise I sold for 3ex and that's about it.

I'm newer to the game and feel discouraged as hell lol.

I have a lot of RNG luck. My partner plays right next to me and it drives him nuts. I've had 10-15 exalts drop, 40% increased arc damage enchant, 4 dying sons, poets pen, skyforth, command of the pit, 2x The Halcyon which I upgraded to The Pandemonius. Then there are all the really good rare gear and jewels. Yesterday I spent 3 ex on Perandus Manor just to have a pair of Seven-League Step drop in the map and got 3 ex back.
Oh and also could you list the benefits of this versus an occultist version?
I am playing HC, and I would love to do this build on CI, would it be okay to follow this guide until 70 (taking Occulist) and then switching to full CI Build then?

Or do you recommend a different route?
Thanks for the guide! Really want to try this build out but got some questions...

I'm on a supreme tight budget due to not being able to play this league much, what can I use to replace the ring with warlord curse, shield, helmet with ench, amulet and jewel. LOL almost the whole gear.

I know it's an stupid question but anyone playing in a really tight budget aswell?
"
blingi wrote:
Oh and also could you list the benefits of this versus an occultist version?

"
clawface wrote:
I am playing HC, and I would love to do this build on CI, would it be okay to follow this guide until 70 (taking Occulist) and then switching to full CI Build then?

I use this build but went CI/Occultist. I just tweaked the tree myself and got ES items instead (they can be expensive). With my current gear (my profile is open) I have just shy of 11k ES after getting a clarity watcher's eye. DPS feels good to me, I did il83 Catarina, shaper, elder (red elder was super easy to keep shaper alive). I'm trying to spawn uber elder now, didn't want to attempt while leveling.

I haven't ran it through PoB, I have to uninstall/reinstall every time I want to use it. So I'm sure there are more tweaks that can be made for small efficiency gains. Its also possible that normal jewels are better than abyss, but when I dropped herald of ice for a 2nd curse I thought flat cold damage would be more beneficial.
"
clawface wrote:

n ever played the occ version so cant comment. Id imagine the occ version is less dps but tankier if i had to guess.
IGN Suck
"
Zynkh wrote:
Thanks for the guide! Really want to try this build out but got some questions...

I'm on a supreme tight budget due to not being able to play this league much, what can I use to replace the ring with warlord curse, shield, helmet with ench, amulet and jewel. LOL almost the whole gear.

I know it's an stupid question but anyone playing in a really tight budget aswell?

Well, at least for the ring replacement its quite easy

link "curse on hit" with warlords mark and your active heralds will do the rest ( hitting enemies and applying warlords mark on them, which provides lifeleech )

I use this as well until i hit level 80, because mark of the shaper has quite high level requirement :p

Some other alternatives what you need to look for are mentioned on page 1 in the guide i think ( especially for the amu there are hints, since - yes - this amulet is expensive ).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info