[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

I doubt there's any chance this build will get nerfed next league. There's no point, really. There's other builds that map just as fast, if not faster (KB Wander).. this one just feels a lot nicer because the web/freeze/shatter/shock combination makes you crazy tanky on anything but high hitting dps bosses where mechanics come into play more.

It's also not an amazing bossing build, and without using Ice Spear (which requires a complete respec, at least) it will never compete with endgame boss killing builds.

With that being said, I've never enjoyed a build so much before. It's awesome. I don't do a lot of endgame bossing anymore (by choice) so it's perfect for me. I tried out the WO+CwC/Spear version and didn't care for it personally.
Last edited by bewsii on Jan 8, 2019, 3:17:35 AM
Just tried uber elder. Wasnt even close :(.

Any ideas what I can change?

"
hunglejunglez wrote:
Thanks for the guide! I have 1k mana. I don't have enough to run grace, aspect of spider, herald of thunder, and herald of ice at the same time. Which ones do i prioritize?
You might want additional confirmation from someone more experienced with this this build, but from what I understand you're not supposed to run (regular) Grace. You are only interested in Vaal Grace which you can activate in tougher situations such as boss fights or syndicate stuff. Vaal version is just a temporary buff which can be used after the skill gem has gathered enough souls (eg. killed monsters) and not a permanent aura that reserves mana like the regular version.
"
R3ality wrote:
"
hunglejunglez wrote:
Thanks for the guide! I have 1k mana. I don't have enough to run grace, aspect of spider, herald of thunder, and herald of ice at the same time. Which ones do i prioritize?
You might want additional confirmation from someone more experienced with this this build, but from what I understand you're not supposed to run (regular) Grace. You are only interested in Vaal Grace which you can activate in tougher situations such as boss fights or syndicate stuff. Vaal version is just a temporary buff which can be used after the skill gem has gathered enough souls (eg. killed monsters) and not a permanent aura that reserves mana like the regular version.

Also pretty sure this is correct. Only running Grace for the Vaal skill temp buff, not to keep as an active aura.

Howdy folk - here's my current WO/BV build. According to PoB, WO is 22k average hit and 27.8k sustained DPS. BV with 10 blades is 95.3k average hit and 714k sustained DPS.

This build is able to sustain 12 (+2 mod) WO stages and 6-10 BV stages with Herald of Ice, Thunder, and Clarity running.

For boss's, I'm preloading WO+BV max, then dropping a totem and popping VBV and VRF... so far that's working well.

My PoB build is at https://pastebin.com/5S4AY1Ha

Are there any obvious suggestions to improve this build? The resists are a little lower than I'd like, but I'm finding the life leech and such seem to sustain at least through the T14s I've tried.

thank you.

-j
Hey guys, going to try out this build and got about 75-100EX to work with. Haven't played POE since 2014 so been a while . In regards to the staff, did the math and to get a mace with those stats OP posted would cost roughly 3ex~ or so to craft from the bench assuming I have all the recipes unlocked. Would those be the best mods to go with or what would be interchangeable that would increase /boost DPS or those would be the best situational mods.

What are the essential jewels. I see people stack adds #to # lightnin damage on theres, phase run. Would getting just HP with stacked Cold Damage, Elemental damage, Spell damage, Area Damage be the best thing and any resist you need?

For ring with warlord/aspect I assume be the best option with a thrown cold spell % somewhere in there with life and Res.

For the helmet. How much more damage would Winter Orb has +2 Maximum Stages add?
Might just get a rare helmet with high life/resist and try to maybe craft one a bit later depending on the resist needed.

For shield would BIS be just one with high Spell damage base with high Spell damage roll/high life and some res with the option to craft an 11% additional damage as chaos.

Any reason to craft spider on belt and not ring? Guessing cuz belt more flexible to play with then a ring with resist/hp?

Thanks guys!!! look forward to trying this build out
Any ideas for moving to MF?
Here's my build. Loving it so far, it just destroys everything. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't find it impressive for endgame bossing, but map bosses, even the worst ones you skip while leveling are easy with it. The WED on my ring and Belt were because I bought them on my Tectonic Slam Jugger a bit earlier.

I switched from Empower to Added Cold on my 6L and now I really enjoy having level 24 Heralds (could go to 25 if I wanted to spend another 6ex buying 21 gems). This is definitely not a low budget build lol.

My jewels aren't that great because I got lazy and didn't feel like shopping for good ones, so these are random crap I made. I took Intuitive Leap to pickup Melding for 10% life and Overcharged for more stable Frenzy/Power/Endurance charge generation.. and it still saves me 1 skillpoint over just taking Melding.

I rarely use Flame Dash though. I mostly burn my Frenzy charges to keep Phase Run up all the time because the nature of the build benefits greatly from the movement speed and adds a lot to overall tankiness.
Last edited by bewsii on Jan 8, 2019, 4:56:32 PM
"
heehaw2002 wrote:
Question:

1) Why does bonechill have no effect in pob?

2) Why do we not use efficacy instead of cold penetration? In pob it shows efficacy dealing more dps and having more duration

For #2

Cold penetration has a 2.2% DPS increase compared to Efficacy according to PoB, excluding the Ignite DPS.

I think it may be a personal choice whether you want more Duration to Winter Orb or not.

I've also got a question though.

With the debate of using Added Cold Damage vs Empower 4 ; whats your opinion if I used WO - Added Cold - Greater - Hypo - Controlled - Concentrated Effect

I've read i shouldnt really go off PoB, but this is says its giving me at 53% increase in dps.
Last edited by Katsuieee on Jan 8, 2019, 6:29:34 PM

without pandemonius, with some random 2chaos rare amulet with spell damage/cold damage and life, i did uber elder pretty easy, sure the fight is not the fastest, but its not longest either, 2min on average imo

anyway, so far build looks good, its almost imposible to die to mobs, hell even guardiands, only thing im capable of dying is syndicate 1 shot on t16 maps, anyway my gear is faaaaaaar(needs shit ton of optmizing and divining im curerntly playing for 3 days only) from best or top tier, but still working wonder, as you can see my gems arent even 20 LvL yet, and from flask im usin wise oak and atziri promise only, so build is definetly good

now my question is, is there any prismatic jewl i could use with this build?

and what could i change in my current build (please dont say use scpetre cause sceptre gives very, very little increase of DPS and for amount of 5-6 exalts investment it feels like wasting money)
Last edited by profa322 on Jan 8, 2019, 6:22:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info