[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

First post updates to prepare 3.16

- Reviewed the levelling section

- Removed all references to Dodge mechanics in Defense section. Improved the infos about Elusive.

- In Gems, links have been updated : for the standard version in 3.16, I'm removing Aspect of the Spider and Herald of Purity, and adding Purity of Elements. It will grant full immunity to all elem ailments, which is busted. I'm adding a Watcher's Eye with +50% chaos res.

- In Options, I'm choosing Abberath as minor Pantheon. Burning is such a pain that I prefer to choose Abberath at all times... but if you use Purity of Elements, you won't need it. I will review that for 3.16

- Removed outdated infos in Endgame section. I haven't seen new useful stuff for us since the alt qual gems in 3.12.

* That said, I think that a Ward version of the build could be interesting, with the Nightgrip gloves (added chaos dmg based on your Ward). I've used them with my Scourge Arrow ballista Pathfinder in Expedition.

* Also, you can test the new Defiance banner (increased armour and evasion, enemies deal less crit). Should be even better in 3.16.

Good luck and have fun :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 8, 2021, 4:56:25 PM
Hi Exiles,

Since we're getting the full patch notes later today, I'll start to theorize the 3.16 version of the build this week-end.
I'll pay special attention to the skill tree first, to maximize Evasion and Spell Suppression.
As Chris Wilson just said in the Q&A, "entropy is your friend" !

In the meanwhile, I wanted to show this new video :
#4 : Life Is So Brittle

Clocking at 6mn30, it is my longest video so far. I'm testing the Brittle effect against a large amount of bosses. My reasonable goal is to get 4% Brittle effect, which translates to +4% base crit chance*, which translates to 26% increased crit chance. Practically speaking, that's 30% more DPS.

[* for reference, Nightblade support gives +1%]

The bosses I'm fighting are in maps with different mods each time, like Temp Chains, Enfeeble, More Life, Elem Res etc.
Expectedly, I have taken the test against the Elder, the Shaper and Sirus (A8), with satisfying results (with Sirus, I'm just under 4%).

And another boss, that I can't name here. A boss that is so unfathomably difficult, that many players have lost their sanity fighting it.

Hint : it begins with W.

Spoiler
and ends with "hakawairua Tuahu" ! ;)

Hope you like, good luck and have fun :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 14, 2021, 4:43:22 PM
This going to be an interesting League. Excited to see what you come up with, in the new skill tree!
Hey, ty !

I can't wait to get the new skill tree :)

Look what I've just found in the patch notes !
"
The Blade Flurry Helmet Enchantment that granted chance to Dodge Attack Hits now grants +1 Maximum Stages. This affects existing items

This is sooo good !

A 7th stage of BF = 20% more dmg !

New BiS enchantment for us !
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 15, 2021, 12:18:13 PM
3.16 tree (beta)

While waiting for the update of PoB, I've begun to make some planning with Poeplanner :
https://poeplanner.com/b/c38
/!\ This is just a rough tree, no stuff, no cluster jewels.

- The Mastery points for daggers are tasty like fresh mint candies !
We get 4 of them, out of 6 possible. My recommendation :
* 15% more max phys dmg attacks
* Elusive grants +40% crit multi
* +100% crit multi against enemies on full life
* 8% chance to suppress spell for each dagger

- Nightstalker is now easily accessible and has atk dmg leeched as life and mana. This opens room for another anointment. Ambidexterity is a solid and cheap choice.

- The medium ring Thread of Hope will have only 3 good notables in radius (currently 6), so probably not worth it anymore.

- The only node that bothers me is the small one near Fangs of the Viper that gives 15 life and ES on kill. Past the first acts, this is useless. But this node gives access to a valuable notable, Ressourcefulness (spell suppression, life and ES). So I'm not sure whether to allocate these two points.

- Life masteries :
* +50 life
* 50% inc recovery from flasks when on low-life
* Regen 2% life while moving

- It's a good idea to allocate Tolerance, the ailment cluster near Nightstalker, and get the Mastery against Corrupted blood.

All these good nodes diminish the importance of cluster jewels. So I will only use :
- One large
- One medium with Overwhelming Malice (Unholy Might on crit)

I will share a complete PoB link ASAP.
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 18, 2021, 2:26:56 PM
3.16 version of the build (alpha)

https://pastebin.com/PyNnv13C

We're probably losing DPS compared to 3.15 but, by the muscular golden arse of Innocence, do we gain defensive mechanics !

- All Elemental ailments : Immune
- Corrupted Blood : Immune
- Spell Suppression : 92% (I swear I'll find a way to reach 100%)
- Chance to avoid bleeding : 90%
- Chance to avoid poison : 90%
- Chance to avoid hits (Elusive) : 35 to 42%
- Chaos res : 30%+ easy (with a Watcher's Eye Purity of Elements : +30-50% chaos res)
- Evade : 25-30%
- Block : 15%

Ascendancy

- Mistwalker
- Ambush and Assassinate
- Opportunistic
- Unstable Infusion (as a replacement for Noxious Strike)

Tree

> Masteries included
> The tree is for level 96. If you lack points, remove some Masteries or some points in the southern branch : 10 pts to path to life and spell suppression clusters.
> No more travelling across the tree to the Duelist zone. Now, we get all that we need in the Shadow area.
> I have removed the Thread of Hope in the Shadow socket.
> The Shadow socket would be a good spot to put a Lethal Pride or a Brutal Restraint Timeless jewel.
> For the moment, I haven't included Secrets of Suffering. I may put it back.

Cluster jewels

> One complete cluster (one large, two medium).
Best notables :
Large Dual Wielding : Hit and Run = 6% spell suppression if hit an enemy recently
Medium Critical : Overwhelming Malice = 10% Unholy Might on crit
Medium Totem : Ancestral Guidance = 30% inc effect of totems buffs | Sleepless Sentries = Onslaught if summoned a Totem recently

Pantheon

- Soul of Arakaali
- Soul of Tukohama

Flasks

> I've removed Lion's Roar, because I was bored of the knockback effect, which forces us to run after the mobs... and is an actual loss of DPS. I've put Taste of Hate instead.

> For the moment, I have put Enkindling Orbs on the utility flasks to get Inc Effect. Maybe there are better interactions to find.

Claw version

If you prefer Claws over Daggers, you have 4 clusters and you can choose these Masteries :
> 1% of atk dmg leeched as life and mana
> 40% inc Effect of Elusive
> 20% chance to blind on Crit
> 6% to gain a frenzy charge on kill

That's already a lot of infos, I could go on and on with every details.

I hope that's useful, good luck and have fun :)

Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 19, 2021, 10:15:54 AM
"
rahsaan wrote:
Spoiler
3.16 version of the build (alpha)

https://pastebin.com/PyNnv13C

We're probably losing DPS compared to 3.15 but, by the muscular golden arse of Innocence, do we gain defensive mechanics !

- All Elemental ailments : Immune
- Corrupted Blood : Immune
- Spell Suppression : 92% (I swear I'll find a way to reach 100%)
- Chance to avoid bleeding : 90%
- Chance to avoid poison : 90%
- Chance to avoid hits (Elusive) : 35 to 42%
- Chaos res : 30%+ easy (with a Watcher's Eye Purity of Elements : +30-50% chaos res)
- Evade : 25-30%
- Block : 15%

Ascendancy

- Mistwalker
- Ambush and Assassinate
- Opportunistic
- Unstable Infusion (as a replacement for Noxious Strike)

Tree

> Masteries included
> The tree is for level 96. If you lack points, remove some Masteries or some points in the southern branch : 10 pts to path to life and spell suppression clusters.
> No more travelling across the tree to the Duelist zone. Now, we get all that we need in the Shadow area.
> I have removed the Thread of Hope in the Shadow socket.
> The Shadow socket would be a good spot to put a Lethal Pride or a Brutal Restraint Timeless jewel.
> For the moment, I haven't included Secrets of Suffering. I may put it back.

Cluster jewels

> One complete cluster (one large, two medium).
Best notables :
Large Dual Wielding : Hit and Run = 6% spell suppression if hit an enemy recently
Medium Critical : Overwhelming Malice = 10% Unholy Might on crit
Medium Totem : Ancestral Guidance = 30% inc effect of totems buffs | Sleepless Sentries = Onslaught if summoned a Totem recently

Pantheon

- Soul of Arakaali
- Soul of Tukohama

Flasks

> I've removed Lion's Roar, because I was bored of the knockback effect, which forces us to run after the mobs... and is an actual loss of DPS. I've put Taste of Hate instead.

> For the moment, I have put Enkindling Orbs on the utility flasks to get Inc Effect. Maybe there are better interactions to find.

Claw version

If you prefer Claws over Daggers, you have 4 clusters and you can choose these Masteries :
> 1% of atk dmg leeched as life and mana
> 40% inc Effect of Elusive
> 20% chance to blind on Crit
> 6% to gain a frenzy charge on kill

That's already a lot of infos, I could go on and on with every details.

I hope that's useful, good luck and have fun :)

Hello, want to play this build from start. Can i get a leveling skill tree?
"

Hello, want to play this build from start. Can i get a leveling skill tree?

Hi,
thx for your interest in the build.

In the first msg, you can CTRL+F "Uber-PoB". It's not updated for 3.16 yet, but it can give you a pretty good idea.
I'll rework it with the new tree.
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 19, 2021, 2:13:43 PM
What would you suggest or consider anointing instead of "Ambidexterity"? As it's not really a long way to go from Thick Skin wheel, I was thinking just simply pathing to it.

Are there any other good anoints for us? Now that you sort of examined most nodes, did anything piqued your interest?
Last edited by Kitsunea on Oct 19, 2021, 2:49:58 PM
On the paper, the best anointment is Panopticon, but it requires to have the totems up.

You were right to ask what may pique my interest, and yours hopefully, because I've just found this new notable :
Instinct : +10% chance to suppress spell dmg.
With it, we can reach 100% spell suppression.
And it's cheap : Sepia-Sepia-Azure !

Tip for any character : in PoB, go to Items, double-click your Amulet > Anoint > Sort by Combined DPS (or whatever you want). Very useful.
You can do the same with the list of unique items btw.
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 19, 2021, 3:36:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info