[3.7] Ice Spear Miner - Fun & Fast Machine Gun Simulator, Great League Starter

Just do your best to get your resistances capped first of all, after that try to get as much life and mana as you can manage on your gear. You shouldn't need to get any extra damage from your gear, you'll get plenty just from leveling your gems up to 20.

You'll eventually find yourself a bit short on dexterity and strength if you want to level your gems up all the way, but the only gem you absolutely have to level all the way up is ice spear. Attributes are a secondary concern compared to resistances and life/mana, so take care of those first.

Good luck!
IGN: LepreTuggler
Managed find a bunch of frigid on sale for alts like you said and after around another 30ish:

Literally shaking right now lmao. Thank you so much, I was only looking ones for sale for chaos.
Last edited by PopePleb on Jan 21, 2019, 4:27:12 PM
Congrats! That's an awesome hat!

I tested the radius on that mod out with a guild mate in PvP and it seems to just about reach the edge of the screen and possibly slightly beyond that. So it won't help much when you're off-screening things but its really strong for bossing and just about everything else.
So what should I do about Cloak of Defiance? Should I buy 6 socket for 30+ chaos? Do links matter on this one?
A 6-socketed Cloak will come in handy when you're putting your utility skills together, but a 6-link won't offer you any extra value. I wouldn't really bother too much with it until you feel like you need the extra sockets. 30c doesn't seem like too bad of a price; that would be the equivalent of throwing about 300-330 jeweler's at your chest to get 6 sockets, which is a reasonable estimate. I wouldn't pay too much more than that though.
Last edited by LepreConMan on Jan 22, 2019, 3:53:38 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I've made a small update to the guide after snooping around in Path of Building looking for things to optimize. I've added a new snapshot that pretty closely resembles my character after getting level 96 and also expanded the information on the 6-link setup.

It turns out, after all of the additional sources of cold penetration are accounted for, the Cold Penetration support isn't as effective as it was initially. Once you have a few sources of penetration (Cold Snap, Boot Enchantment, Wise Oak, ect.), I recommend that you swap the Cold Penetration support in favor of the Added Cold Damage support for a bit of a damage boost.
Last edited by LepreConMan on Jan 23, 2019, 9:10:15 AM
Thank you for the updates! :)

I really enjoy playing with this build, but I hate RNG in this game! I'm doing T6-7 maps and very little chaos orb drops, still no sign of exalted! I don't have much trouble with trash, some bosses are hard to kill, but biggest issue is Immortal Syndicate. They can one shot me, especially if in closed space!
Once you get better gear and more levels the syndicate will not be much of an issue. They can still occasionally be scary on t15 and t16 maps, but for the most part they won't have much of a chance to attack you before they go down. I took a look at your character and noticed that you're still using a 4-link staff and don't have Flame Dash or a Cast When Damage Taken setup. All of those will help you greatly at this point in time. You've also not using the Minefield support, which I highly recommend until you can get a shaped helmet with the Place an additional Mine modifier on it.

Anyway, stick with it and you'll pull through. A little bit of investment into your gear will go a long way.
"
LepreConMan wrote:
Once you get better gear and more levels the syndicate will not be much of an issue. They can still occasionally be scary on t15 and t16 maps, but for the most part they won't have much of a chance to attack you before they go down. I took a look at your character and noticed that you're still using a 4-link staff and don't have Flame Dash or a Cast When Damage Taken setup. All of those will help you greatly at this point in time. You've also not using the Minefield support, which I highly recommend until you can get a shaped helmet with the Place an additional Mine modifier on it.

Anyway, stick with it and you'll pull through. A little bit of investment into your gear will go a long way.

Where do I put Minefield? What gem I take out?
I know I don't have like half of gems socketed, but like I said, I really do have terrible RNG in this game :(
Trying to figure out if I enjoy this build or not. I respecced a 70 trickster that I wasn't using any longer since Regrets are pouring from delves like penny candy.

I realize the gem levels aren't quite there yet (except ice spear), and I have some room to go on the tree (4 levels to phase acro, then 2 more to 2 more mana nodes).

I am 50/50 mom split. Didn't want to spend as much on the watcher's eye, but I do have 20% mana rate on my belt. Cooldown reduction came extra.

It took me about a thousand chromes to color my rod. Spent 500 jeweler's so far on my helm and can't get the 4th socket to come out green. It'll come.

Still need to do uber lab, but wanted to get a few more dodge nodes first.

Still trying to decide if I like it. It's amazing when you can stand still and blow mines like crazy, both visually and from a damage standpoint. When I find myself being evasive I don't get as many mines in.

Since uber lab will bring faster arming, I fully expect utter destruction of things when it happens.

*edit because color ignorant*
Last edited by rhapsodieinblue on Jan 28, 2019, 5:40:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info